WDW DAS going digital? - YES - started April 30, 2015. See page 6

We were just there for 10 days and for the most part loved the new digital DAS. We hit two glitches along the way. We are a family of 6 with 2 kids requiring their own DAS. This was set up without any problem with the other four people being linked to each child's DAS.
So DAS1 had everyone attached (except for DAS2) and DAS2 had everyone attached (except for DAS1). This is done for no double dipping but we needed each their own because of the age difference and my husband and I will often split up to accommodate ride preferences.

The first time we used it we let my DAS1 go first since she had the return time on her band. The CM had mixed up the names and pictures on the bands (so DAS1 had DAS2 name/picture). This was an easy fix at Guest Relations but an extra trip back to Main Street nonetheless.

The second day we used it was with me going up to Guest Sevices at the entrance of AK and we all wanted the same ride. He scanned my band and found DAS1 and gave us all a Return time for the ride. He scanned my band again to find DAS2 he could not bring her up in the system because I already had a return time assigned to me. So I was told in the future to have their bands with me which kind of defeats the purpose. Luckily I had old bands from a previous trip and from then on just kept those with me. In the end he gave me a paper pass for DAS2 for that particular ride.

Days went by without any problems until somehow the four attached to DAS1 were no longer attached. Which would have been fine if we all went on the same rides the entire time. When I went to Guest Services at MK the girl tried to tell me it was set up correctly and that I could not have the four attached to both DAS. His was obviously not true and we went back and forth for a bit until someone else came over and was able to understand and fix the issue.

Aside from that I really liked DAS. It does take longer to get the return time because the readers attached to the iPads are not great. But they are discrete which is a big bonus! I wish they would allow us to get return times from kiosks throughout the park, at this point with all the technology it doesn't make sense to still have someone running across the park for a return time.

Since they seem to be having troubles getting the iPad service working, I agree it would make sense to allow them to be accessed at the kiosks. I understand the issue is making it fair to the non-DAS guests. Perhaps they could just add 15 minutes, or whatever they think would be the time it would take to get to the ride, to the return time. So for a normal family, if it would take 15 minutes to walk from the kiosk to the ride, and standby wait time is 45 minutes, they would give a return time for 50 minutes. (Wait time + walk time - FP return queue time.)

Just returned from a weeklong visit and reactivated my DAS at a totally different park and again was not asked any questions. Interesting part though was had to have my photo taken again. I guess that doesn't stay in their system. I am an AP holder, so my DAS is normally good for 60 days. But it had just expired.
GR young lady was very sweet but didn't ask one question.

Just returned from a weeklong visit and reactivated my DAS at a totally different park and again was not asked any questions. Interesting part though was had to have my photo taken again. I guess that doesn't stay in their system. I am an AP holder, so my DAS is normally good for 60 days. But it had just expired.

I am so glad to hear this news. I have been having literal nightmares about getting my DAS renewed and placed on the MB. I hate going through the whole medical needs thing in front of people. It is embarrassing for me. Plus this trip we will have 8 people so I have to drag the whole family along with me......yuck....LOL! I hope it goes as smoothly for me as it did for you.

I was there when it went on the magic bands and it was very easy I just showed them the paper one and it was linked to my band I went down 60 days latter and I told the CM that I had a DAS card on my magic band and it had been more then 60 day the CM response to me was why do I think I needed a DAS card so I had to go though the whole thing on why I needed it and all that good stuff. So it is just hit or miss with the CMs

We got one for my son on Friday at the MK city hall, and we weren't asked any questions either. But we had been in the park for several hours already, and DS has autism and at that point was sort of hopping and flapping around the open area off to one side of the room, so I figured it may have been quite obvious what his situation was at that point :). I think it just depends on the CM and the situation.

We got one for my son on Friday at the MK city hall, and we weren't asked any questions either. But we had been in the park for several hours already, and DS has autism and at that point was sort of hopping and flapping around the open area off to one side of the room, so I figured it may have been quite obvious what his situation was at that point :). I think it just depends on the CM and the situation.

I was curious about this -- my daughter has an ASD diagnosis and is 4, it is pretty obvious what is up with her; we've never done the DAS before and I am trying to figure out if a doctors note is something we should be bringing along....but the running in circles, flapping and vocalizing is a pretty quick giveaway even for a layperson :)

I was curious about this -- my daughter has an ASD diagnosis and is 4, it is pretty obvious what is up with her; we've never done the DAS before and I am trying to figure out if a doctors note is something we should be bringing along....but the running in circles, flapping and vocalizing is a pretty quick giveaway even for a layperson :)
disney will not look at dr notes you have to be able to say what you or your childs needs are in the lines they do not want ( for the most part) a DX but I have said my DX and have received a DAS quicker then if I say my needs

Someone told me that, for example, on Toy Story Mania where you have only two people per car, that DAS holder son could go with mama, while I wait by the ride for them to come back....I'd then get on with him and go around again.

I highly doubt this would happen but wanted to throw it out there.

sorry for the silly question...thanks

On a more logical note, can DAS work for character greets that have FP option, such as Anna/Elsa?
thanks a bunch!

Someone told me that, for example, on Toy Story Mania where you have only two people per car, that DAS holder son could go with mama, while I wait by the ride for them to come back....I'd then get on with him and go around again.

I highly doubt this would happen but wanted to throw it out there.

sorry for the silly question...thanks
No, you can't do that.
The regular cars are in 'pods' with 2 cars for each pod. Each car has 2 rows that are back to back and seat a total of 2 per row. So, the pod would seat 8 people total. You would choose who sits with your son and the other person in your group would sit in another seat in the same pod.
If you need the accessible boarding area, the wheelchair accessible pod still has 2 cars. The back car still has 2 rows and seats a total of 4, but the front car has only one row which is made so 1/2 of the row can be removed to make a wheelchair spot. That pod only seats 6
On a more logical note, can DAS work for character greets that have FP option, such as Anna/Elsa?
thanks a bunch!
Yes. DAS can be used for things that have a Fastpass line and a Standby (regular) waiting line.

Was there Aug 22-24 and had no issues with DAS. They simply asked why son couldn't wait in line and didn't inquire further. He even set up our first DAS time for us! We probably used it about 3-4 times over the two days, total, as we also had FP+ and some short lines. Son went first, then us.
The only weird thing was on Splash Mountain they gave him a lanyard to wear from when we went through the first checkpoint....but no one got it from him. I gave it to an employee when we were leaving.
It's a great tool to use in conjunction with FP+ and short standby lines. We just told him it was a special fastpass and he was good to go!

Was there Aug 22-24 and had no issues with DAS. They simply asked why son couldn't wait in line and didn't inquire further. He even set up our first DAS time for us! We probably used it about 3-4 times over the two days, total, as we also had FP+ and some short lines. Son went first, then us.
[b[The only weird thing was on Splash Mountain they gave him a lanyard to wear from when we went through the first checkpoint....but no one got it from him. I gave it to an employee when we were leaving.[/b]
It's a great tool to use in conjunction with FP+ and short standby lines. We just told him it was a special fastpass and he was good to go!
Glad to hear things went well for you.
The lanyard is one of the tools they use for verifying wait times in various places.
It's usually given out as you get into the line and collected as you are boarding.
Usually the CM at the boarding area sees the lanyards and collects them. Occasionally, they miss one or 2 (maybe it blended in with clothing, was covered or the person with it was behind someone else).

When that happened, guests return them after they are done with the attraction as you did.

We had excellent experiences with the paper DAS in 2014.

Alas the electronic/digital version proved to be more of a challenge last month. We were able to get it setup at Epcot relatively quickly and the CM signed us up for a return time for Test Track.

However the pass was only valid for one day, instead of the usual 60. (We had 4 day passes on our bands.) And of course we discovered it at Splash the next day. Lost over an hour of touring time going to Guest Services, waiting in line and getting it fixed.

No apologies either--just a shrug. Not the best impression on a super hot and humid day. It was especially disheartening as we lost that hour on the only day it didn't rain during our visit.

We had excellent experiences with the paper DAS in 2014.

Alas the electronic/digital version proved to be more of a challenge last month. We were able to get it setup at Epcot relatively quickly and the CM signed us up for a return time for Test Track.

However the pass was only valid for one day, instead of the usual 60. (We had 4 day passes on our bands.) And of course we discovered it at Splash the next day. Lost over an hour of touring time going to Guest Services, waiting in line and getting it fixed.

No apologies either--just a shrug. Not the best impression on a super hot and humid day. It was especially disheartening as we lost that hour on the only day it didn't rain during our visit.

I was told by a CM that it is set up to give every one 60 days that sucks that it did not work that way for you. I wish there was a way to see when the DAS expires so you know when you need to go back

Yes, the Epcot CM told me it was set for 60 days. It was a rather inconvenient malfunction!

wow well this is why I think there should be some why for the DAS holder to see how many days the DAS is set up for. I had something similar happen to me when they were going from the card to the DAS I went to a ride to get a return time and told since a manijor signed my card that I could no longer use it went to GR and they said that al that meant was that I know the DAS was going distal the next day even thought my DAS card was only good until that day took me over an hour to get things done so I know how you feel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter