WDW family portraits

Sandra

Earning My Ears
I noticed on the AP benefits page that AP holders receive a 10% discount on WDW Family Portrait sitting fees. Does anyone know anything about this? Where are the pix taken? Do you need a reservation? What is the price of the sitting fee? What do the packages/picture prices run? Are they taken w/characters or is it just your family? Do they do a nice job?

We leave in a week and I was hoping that we could get a nice snapshot of our family at WDW for our Christmas cards this year. Just wondering if this might be a good option.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have wondered this also. I never got an answer the last time so i hope this time some one will know for the both of us!!! THANKS!

I tried calling the phone number to set up a family picture for about 5 months before our vacation and never could get through. I would suggest once you get to WDW finding out more about it. When we got down there we ran out of time to look into it. I plan on trying for our next trip.

I looked into this a few months ago for my family. The cost for a one hour session is $275 for up to 8 people in the photographs. This is the smallest package they have available. You can take as many pictures as you'd like during the one hour session, usually about 20 - 30. You can choose to have the photo shoot at any of the resorts, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Epcot. (Just not MGM, though.) For the $275, you get to keep all your proofs (5x5 format), plus you get 2 - 12 pictures of their choice arranged in a custom presentation folio. They put the best pictures in the folio. Reprints can be ordered for $20 for a 5x7 or $30 for an 8x10. I'm sure they have other sizes as well, but I didn't ask about those.

They sent me some samples of their work, and I was quite impressed. These are definitely professional quality photos, not Sears or Olan Mills quality.

It is a good idea to schedule an appointment ahead of time. The number for WDW Photographic Services is (407)827-5099.

The 10% annual passholder discount comes off the $275 for the session, but no discount is offered on reprints. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the information. I had the same question. Now I have to decide between MK or WL. Thanks again.

When you say samples, did they send a brochure with samples and info? I really want to do this next time my family is at WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter