WDW Marathon 2020 spectator info

CWuebker

Earning My Ears
Hi! This is January I am running my first runDisney event. I am running the Dopey and my family is coming to watch. We are not staying at a Disney resort or hotel. My dad will have his truck and maybe his bicycle. We are wondering if anyone has ever tried to get around by bike and if this a viable option? Also we don't currently have any kind of park passes. Will he need some sort of pass to take Disney transportation like the monorail? Any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! This is January I am running my first runDisney event. I am running the Dopey and my family is coming to watch. We are not staying at a Disney resort or hotel. My dad will have his truck and maybe his bicycle. We are wondering if anyone has ever tried to get around by bike and if this a viable option? Also we don't currently have any kind of park passes. Will he need some sort of pass to take Disney transportation like the monorail? Any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Biking is not an option and not something I would try. Walt Disney world is not a place you can really bike nor would I.

No tickets are needed to take Disney transportation.

I agree that a bike is not an option.

My recommendation for the 5k and 10k would be to have your spectators drive to Epcot and park prior to road closures. From there they will be able to see you start and finish. Not really any other great opportunities for spectating these events in my opinion and the start can be difficult to find any one runner since so many are starting in each wave.

For the Half I would also recommend catching driving to Epcot catching the start, monorail to MK to see you there, then monorail back to Epcot for the finish.

The full will have some changes this year so not sure what the best options will be but there should be many. Usually best options are to get to a park and spectate from the parking lot catching the runners as they go into and/or out of a park(s)

I agree that a bike is not an option.

My recommendation for the 5k and 10k would be to have your spectators drive to Epcot and park prior to road closures. From there they will be able to see you start and finish. Not really any other great opportunities for spectating these events in my opinion and the start can be difficult to find any one runner since so many are starting in each wave.

For the Half I would also recommend catching driving to Epcot catching the start, monorail to MK to see you there, then monorail back to Epcot for the finish.

The full will have some changes this year so not sure what the best options will be but there should be many. Usually best options are to get to a park and spectate from the parking lot catching the runners as they go into and/or out of a park(s)

Is there an efficient way for spectators to get to the Boardwalk for the 10K (if they're not staying at a Boardwalk resort)?

Is there an efficient way for spectators to get to the Boardwalk for the 10K (if they're not staying at a Boardwalk resort)?

You could uber but other than something like that nothing comes to mind. Disney transportation will not be running only the hired busses to get runners and spectators to the start that early.

You could uber but other than something like that nothing comes to mind. Disney transportation will not be running only the hired busses to get runners and spectators to the start that early.
I used an uber to get from AKL to the Boardwalk for the star wars half marathon. Worked out very well and wasn't crowded so I was able to get some great photos of the runners I was with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter