WDW Marathon Weekend - Hotels Advice

bellrae

DIS Veteran
I am doing the 5k at WDW in January and thought I was being clever by planning to book an Epcot hotel when 2015 bookings open. My plan was to walk to and from the race, so that I didn't have to take a lengthy bus ride and get up at 3am! :)

I think I may have a flaw in my grand plan though - are you able to access the race start and corrals from the World Showcase entrance, or would you need to get transport to the main Epcot entrance for the start of the race? (therefore negating any real benefit from being at BC or YC or something similiar).

Would be grateful if someone who has done an Epcot race before could share what has happened in previous years. :)

You can't walk to the race, but you can walk back to the hotel if you have and want to use a park pass. If you really want to be slick & avoid the buses, stay at a monorail resort.

As mentioned, you cannot walk to the race.
I have stayed at the Epcot resorts and it was no problem taking an earlier bus. I usually hop on one of the first two.

I don't think it matters what hotel you stay at because they all have buses for the races that weekend. However, as mentioned , if you do have an Epcot pass for that particular day you can walk back to your hotel. However I never have...I just take the bus back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter