WDW opening on July 11 and DVC Resorts June 15th (HH, VB) and June 22nd (WDW)

Sorry your plans are having to change but I think I would be thinking the same thing. The realty of wearing a facemask in the FL summer heat is just to much for me. On the other hand you were going to be at BCV, good pool but could be very crowded. I guess you might have to make a reservation to go there too? :guilty:
It honestly sounds awful. All of it. I’m just so angry that DVC has not communicated anything to us. Will spend our vacation at the beach for a couple weeks instead. At least that seems relatively normal.

So what happen to my mid June reservation with points that are expiring August 1 that were banked from 2018?

Unless my memory is incorrect, I remember reading that in Shanghai the reservation system they used included buying new tickets, and they were sold out in a matter of minuntes. Hopefully this new system doesn’t last long. Our June 29th- July 5th trip is obviously cancelled now and I’d rather not have to purchase tickets in Oct when I have AP’s

Has anyone figured out how many days since they closed so we can calculate the # of days to extend our annual passes with a new date? It's not updated yet in the Passholder interface.

I'm getting 125 days (march 16 - July 11)?

Last edited:

No way can they justify legally keeping DVC resorts closed that long...at least not IMO.

Once we have a confirmed date..or by tomorrow..I will be emailing and requesting a call to be provided with the legal documentation that allows them to continue DVC resorts closed beyond July 1st...even mid June.
Maybe they'll open DVC resorts but not hotels. They have already offered some hotels to the NBA and MLS anyway.

Hi,
My DD has a DVC trio 7/12-7/17 for her graduation present.
I just read parks opening, are hotels opening?
I didn’t even book fastpasses ugh
Didnt think this was gonna happen
Thanks Kerri

If I have a full week booked at OKW with ticket package. I better be able to get into the park before someone staying off site!! I hope Disney takes on-site/ap/DVC before others when it comes to ticket reservations.

So what happen to my mid June reservation with points that are expiring August 1 that were banked from 2018?
Like me... same use year... you need to call Member Services and request that 2019 points be banked to 2020, which they are doing on request right now but not automatically. As far as 2018 points, I had to put them into RCI to avoid losing them.

What about VGC/Aulani? If you have a reservation before the parks open, will DVC return and extend banked points like they have been for closures so far?

Thanks for the quick replies!!

Don't know how I missed that. I think I need to start planning “life” again!!!
Been in such a funk.

Happy my daughter will get to go after missing out on so much for her senior year.
Hopefully she gets to go off to college.
Thanks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter