WDW opening on July 11 and DVC Resorts June 15th (HH, VB) and June 22nd (WDW)

Like me... same use year... you need to call Member Services and request that 2019 points be banked to 2020, which they are doing on request right now but not automatically. As far as 2018 points, I had to put them into RCI to avoid losing them.
I thought for the April and June use years, 2018 points that were banked and planned on being used during this Covid period, were extended for six months?

I guess your dealing with the governor and mayor out there. Sending you pixie dust it will happen soon. :tink:
Yep. I was shocked that yesterday Newsom appeared to give the green light to phase 3, which includes theme parks for most counties. I believe Orange county could open if they wanted to, but that will be up to the local health officials. Some six flags theme parks in CA have applied to open already.

I think the best way to manage who is in the park would be to ONLY allow Disney resort guests at first. Scan magic band, get temp check, the result is attached to that magic band. High temperature, no access to park. Theoretically, they could also contact trace with the magic bands knowing who was in a room with someone who might be sick. In this regard, Disney is well equipped to implement some sort of screening process prior to even getting to a park.

I'm just happy we have a day to look forward too. I already had to cancel my summer trip and have booked for later in the year. Restrictions will take getting use to, but some Disney is better than no Disney for me. And I live FAR from the parks, only visit every couple years. This is great news!

My 17yo son just held his phone up with the Disney countdown app on it and said "I've been watching this since 191 days and I'm now going to have to delete it at 44 days". We had BLT booked July 10-16. Our annual trip, just the 2 of us with nothing but backpacks on the airplane. This one was for his HS graduation, and we had after dark & Savi's workshop already planned, not to mention the full dining and FP plan complete.

For the past few weeks we've accepted there will be no flying, and were planning on driving from PA to FL. Sure, we wouldn't have the thrill of boarding DME, but we also wouldn't have the gut punch of the DME envelope hanging on the doorknob the night before it was time to go home.

To be honest, the lure of a park at 30% capacity in July was having me look past the aggravation of a mask in Florida's heat. I'm kind of glad the decision isn't to be ours. We'll just find a time during his college break and book then... or as he just said "Dad, you know, if I'm remote learning we could pretty much go any time we want"

Glass half full :)

They probably want to see how Universal's opening goes to make necessary plan adjustments. At this point it's not about winning and besting UOR... it's about being safe and doing what's best for the public. WDW is massive and so they only have one shot to get it right.

This exactly!

We have a stay booked for the 4th weekend at VGF and are looking forward to the change in scenery. We will definitely keep our reservation as we have a one bedroom and can be self sufficient if restaurants are limited and DS is too crowded. We are AP holders for universal so we may go there if we feel like it.

I wanted to see how many of you guys that have reservations during the parks opening gap June 22 - July 11th intend to keep their reservation.

Not to mention, if they approved Universal's hasty approach, there's no way this won't get approved.

my thing is just everyone’s practically packing their bags and acting like it’s a done deal. At the moment of everyone posting it wasn’t/isn’t 100% done deal. (by the way Mods there are redundant threads ALL over)

Disney website has been updated with this information on the hotels and DVC resorts:st
View attachment 497393

Thanks for posting this! It's not official until it's officially announced by Disney :) So easy for everyone to get excited and start rumors. We just have to be patient!!

my thing is just everyone’s practically packing their bags and acting like it’s a done deal. At the moment of everyone posting it wasn’t/isn’t 100% done deal. (by the way Mods there are redundant threads ALL over)

Exactly!!

The only thing that has to be approved in the park plans. they can open the resorts whenevr they want.

I'd put it at 99.9%. No way the governor will reject it. The board already saw the plan and did an onsite inspection. Today's meeting approved it unanimously. It will be signed and official within 24 hours.

Woohoo! Moved my trip back to original dates! I think it is a go for sure, especially for DVC resorts as they know legally they have to get those open!!!
Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you did for us the last couple of months

I was originally planned for June 16th but was able to change to June 22nd so not bad at all

Thanks! I just got back on and will get it cleaned up so things stay in one!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!