WDW opening on July 11 and DVC Resorts June 15th (HH, VB) and June 22nd (WDW)

Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you did for us the last couple of months

I was originally planned for June 16th but was able to change to June 22nd so not bad at all

You are welcome! Thanks to those that put up with me! I am one happy camper as I was able to get the Grand for 3 of my 4 nights so far...starting out at RIV...just happy to be out of Syracuse and in my happy place!

You are welcome! Thanks to those that put up with me! I am one happy camper as I was able to get the Grand for 3 of my 4 nights so far...starting out at RIV...just happy to be out of Syracuse and in my happy place!

Stayed in a 2 bedroom at the Grand 3 years ago. Room is amazing!!!!!!!!

I think so far my favorite 2 bedroom I have stayed in. (CC Cabin though blows them all away LOL)

Staying at OKW for the first time next month. I am excited to try a new place.

Do we know yet since the DVC resorts will be open will their restaurants be also?

Have they mentioned that anywhere yet?

So far, nothing about restaurants. I tried to get on MDE and yeah, that is backed up to high heaven. I was going to see if I could book any resort places. Only plus I see right now is if it remains only DVC properties open when I am there, at least maybe I won't have to fight to get into the pool...well, assuming those are open! LOL

So far, nothing about restaurants. I tried to get on MDE and yeah, that is backed up to high heaven. I was going to see if I could book any resort places. Only plus I see right now is if it remains only DVC properties open when I am there, at least maybe I won't have to fight to get into the pool...well, assuming those are open! LOL

I was thinking too IF the restaurants are open its a good time to get a reservation at some of the hard to get places during normal times.

Yeah MDE is done. I gave up

With 2 separate park opening dates, I wonder what will be the official AP extension date. Do we think they will they use 7/11 or 7/15 if one chooses the extension? Ours are set to expire end of July, but we added a bonus early October trip. We are likely covered either way. But just curious.

We were booked for 6/29 Baylake for Epcot Moonlight Magic. My April anniversary at Riviera with Disney dining cancelled. Hubby's birthday is the 29th so I combined both. Riviera was open, I cancelled Baylake, ordered dining. Was hoping for soft opening with MM but not to be. We are local and go to enjoy the resorts. I have missed the magic!

Anyone care to speculate what services at DVC/hotels will be available prior to park opening? For example, if you have a DVC room at Jambo House, is it going to be a ghost town with dining, market, and pool closed? What about Beach Club? I can't imaging running and staffing stormalong bay for the small BCV wing with the hotel side and YC closed.

I think they will open the pools and most likely QS places for mobile ordering and pick up. I do not think they will leave SAB closed because it allows DVC owners a chance to have 2 pools to spread out too.

Remember, dues pay to staff those things so I am thinking we won't see much difference except maybe sit down restaurants.

It honestly sounds awful. All of it. I’m just so angry that DVC has not communicated anything to us. Will spend our vacation at the beach for a couple weeks instead. At least that seems relatively normal.

I feel for those who planned on visiting in 2020 and saved years to bring their family to experience the Magic of Disney people know and love. Unfortunately, this is far from the experience I hoped for them.

My guess for the longer date is that a lot of the employees of the parks are brought on through the college program and the over seas program. I think this is also time for people from these programs to apply and hire and get to the parks, get settled in and at least a week or two of training.
With the DVC hotels being opened almost three weeks before the parks I'm sure a lot of the training will be done in the DVC hotel shops and resteraunts etc. That may be why Epcot opens a few days later to make sure everybody is comfortable before jumping in with both feet.

I just came to say that I got an email from DVC and the pools, fitness centers and recreation were named as being available albeit in a potentially limited capacity.

Specifically:

· Enhanced cleaning of all rooms prior to arrival, including additional measures for dishware and appliances for Disney Vacation Club units, along with the standard Disney Vacation Club housekeeping services during your stay
· Increased cleaning and sanitization in high-traffic areas
· New hand-sanitizing stations in key areas
· Physical distancing at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers and other public areas, including reducing capacity where appropriate

So: this addresses a few things I was worried about:
1. they arent taking out the coffee maker or other items from the DVC villas at least (pots pans etc) - just cleaning them or whatever "additional measures" mean
2. pools will be opening

I would imagine this will translate to other resorts - it doesnt make sense to have two sets of rules.

Also in the email, looks like they are extending the points of Aug/Sept/Oct UYs. It looks like the borrowing restrictions will be for a while.

View attachment 497436

Ugh. Once again DVC is way late making decisions and communicating. August use year; had a 2 week vacation in May canceled with 4 days notice. I had to talk to Member Services THREE times to get them to save my 2019 points. They told me twice I had to use all my points by July 31. They told me I had to put my 2018 points into RCI and I did.

I had an escalation in progress and talked to a senior customer service manager after they finally did all this with my points. I asked her to tell DVC Management how very unhappy I was with their communications and inconsistent policy handing week by week.

Ugh. Once again DVC is way late making decisions and communicating. August use year; had a 2 week vacation in May canceled with 4 days notice. I had to talk to Member Services THREE times to get them to save my 2019 points. They told me twice I had to use all my points by July 31. They told me I had to put my 2018 points into RCI and I did.

I had an escalation in progress and talked to a senior customer service manager after they finally did all this with my points. I asked her to tell DVC Management how very unhappy I was with their communications and inconsistent policy handing week by week.

You should be able to pull those back from RCI.

Has anyone figured out how many days since they closed so we can calculate the # of days to extend our annual passes with a new date? It's not updated yet in the Passholder interface.

I'm getting 125 days (march 16 - July 11)?

You will have to take off the Easter two week holidays if you only have a gold pass, as you weren’t entitled to those days.

Looks like still only letting u book at Disney springs restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!