WDW resort going forward

Sorry... Typo

There has always been a DVC pool addition to varying degrees

Saratoga have 3 large zero entry pools...undoubtedly to address lack of
Demand.

The grand Floridian added their second pool long after the hotel opened...and I never heard anyone complain about the crappy pools (or at the poly and contemp, frankly) prior to this "DVC stresses the amenities line". Just a point of reference.

They added the wonderland kids area and have a newer pool that was not meant for the existing rooms anyway in original construction prior to the DVC construction.

And as pointed out...GF has more restaurants than the others (it should)... And they are often under used and have been for years (they are)

Try finding a crowd (non-convention) at the GF cafe...

Basically...the entire premise is - shall we say - doo doo?

Wow didn't expect this to make so many defensive. It is how I feel about it and my choice of how I spend my money.

I don't think you made any of us "defensive". I just find your opinion to be based on mistruths rather than facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

And pointing out the no one is complaining is hilarious when the most loyal fan base there is rarely complains. Which in turn allows Disney to lessen the experience time and again. If any company but Disney had lessened the experience, to the same degree, over the last 20 years there'd be 100s of lockedoutlogic types discussing it instead of a handful.

It's funny that you mention this, as the folks that you are directing this comment to - specifically, myself and lockedoutlogic - are some of the most vocal, critical members with regard to the decline of Disney's product offering in recent years / decades. However, the addition of VGF has absolutely no correlation to the declining Disney product, specifically as related to "sucking the life" out of existing GF amenities. Period, end of discussion.

Back to WDW was a circular issue in that the regular guests that used to buy those rooms are now DVC owners and WDW now has room inventory without customers.

This goes back to the earlier response about no one feeling defensive but feeling a need to adjust some failed logic trails...... If the above statement is true, then there will be no added stress on the amenities. Same amount of people, in more space, leaving more empty rooms that need to be converted to more dvc.

And since you brought it up.... here I go again....The perceived value and actual value of my DVC contracts has gone up unbelievably since my purchase. I will say it is primarily due to the locations that have become available to me. My contracts in resale are today worth more than I paid Disney for them some years ago.... and are around half of the current Disney price, which is probably soon to increase again. I can stay at the GF or the Poly for less than half of what the current purchasers are paying.

Can't call that diminished.

This goes back to the earlier response about no one feeling defensive but feeling a need to adjust some failed logic trails...... If the above statement is true, then there will be no added stress on the amenities. Same amount of people, in more space, leaving more empty rooms that need to be converted to more dvc.

And since you brought it up.... here I go again....The perceived value and actual value of my DVC contracts has gone up unbelievably since my purchase. I will say it is primarily due to the locations that have become available to me. My contracts in resale are today worth more than I paid Disney for them some years ago.... and are around half of the current Disney price, which is probably soon to increase again. I can stay at the GF or the Poly for less than half of what the current purchasers are paying.

Can't call that diminished.

::yes::

I think that one could argue that the bungalows over the water could lessen the experience at the Polynesian Resort. That view was pretty nice before.

Just throwing in my probably pointless observation. ;)

I think that one could argue that the bungalows over the water could lessen the experience at the Polynesian Resort. That view was pretty nice before.

I wish the boards had a like feature because there are a lot of good posts in here. I agree with you here and soon enough most likely Wilderness lodge will have a similar issue as they will get bungalows too.

As for the previous posts most DVC additions come with a pool or some type of pool addition or redo. The wilderness lodge is supposed to get something as well. The GF got the alice and wonderland themed kids area. The Poly is getting both of its pools redone completely. I think the Poly is really getting the most work out of any of the DVC additions since the first ones Old Key West and Saratoga. The Poly is getting redone restaurants, a new bar/restuarant, new pools, new gift shops, a whole new lobby, new outdoor areas, the pineapple lanai, the list goes on. A lot of it is heavily debated on whether it should've been done or not especially the lobby but from what the Tikiman said it needed to be done, he is the most reliable out of anyone when it comes to the Poly.

I agree with you here and soon enough most likely Wilderness lodge will have a similar issue as they will get bungalows too.

Not saying that it won't happen, but I'll believe this when I see it.

I think the Poly is really getting the most work out of any of the DVC additions since the first ones Old Key West and Saratoga. The Poly is getting redone restaurants, a new bar/restuarant, new pools, new gift shops, a whole new lobby, new outdoor areas, the pineapple lanai, the list goes on. A lot of it is heavily debated on whether it should've been done or not especially the lobby but from what the Tikiman said it needed to be done, he is the most reliable out of anyone when it comes to the Poly.

In my opinion, the Poly presented more of a challenge for DVC to be added than the other resorts simply because of it's sprawling, multi-building layout. In most instances (VWL, BLT, AKL, VGF), enough space was present at the existing resorts for a new, separate DVC tower to be added without tremendous fanfare. This was originally planned for the Poly, but I believe that there was simply not enough room for one to be added "tastefully", or the cost to demo existing buildings only to erect a smaller tower just didn't make financial sense. Plan "B" (or C, D, E, F....) was to convert existing longhouses, which is what we can see being done today. The lobby work is a totally separate issue, which is being done to address asbestos concerns, ADA compliance issues and the perpetual maintenance challenges presented by the center waterfall feature.

It will lessen the experience for those of us that will probably never get to stay in one.

I'll admit, if I thought I could get a reservation there, I'd be singing a different tune.

It will lessen the experience for those of us that will probably never get to stay in one. I'll admit, if I thought I could get a reservation there, I'd be singing a different tune.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I have not posted in a long while. Own at SSR and BLT. Stayed in the Poly Villas in May with DH. I really wanted to add a Poly DVC contract, but a 1BDRM makes the family Happy and a studio makes us a bit Grumpy. Short stays in a studio or a week with just the hubby are OK. Stays with 3 or more family members are not OK in a studio. Frankly, I don't know how 5 people could survive happily for a week in a studio, at least not 5 people in my immediate family (snoring, sleep apnea, CPAP machines). Anyway, does anyone know how the sales at the Poly DVC are going? Are people buying like crazy or are sales lukewarm?

I really like the Poly, but don't see the value in a bungalow and the I would need to book two studios and then no kitchen or washer and dryer.

Has anyone complained about the mattress on the queen bed at the Poly Villas? I had a very hard time sleeping on the mattress. I need a box spring. I was more comfy on the pull-out sofa. (I am an average size slightly overweight but not obese.) I usually have no trouble sleeping in most beds.

Thanks for any input. It will help me make a decision.

I have not posted in a long while. Own at SSR and BLT. Stayed in the Poly Villas in May with DH. I really wanted to add a Poly DVC contract, but a 1BDRM makes the family Happy and a studio makes us a bit Grumpy. Short stays in a studio or a week with just the hubby are OK. Stays with 3 or more family members are not OK in a studio. Frankly, I don't know how 5 people could survive happily for a week in a studio, at least not 5 people in my immediate family (snoring, sleep apnea, CPAP machines). Anyway, does anyone know how the sales at the Poly DVC are going? Are people buying like crazy or are sales lukewarm?

I really like the Poly, but don't see the value in a bungalow and the I would need to book two studios and then no kitchen or washer and dryer.

Has anyone complained about the mattress on the queen bed at the Poly Villas? I had a very hard time sleeping on the mattress. I need a box spring. I was more comfy on the pull-out sofa. (I am an average size slightly overweight but not obese.) I usually have no trouble sleeping in most beds.

Thanks for any input. It will help me make a decision.
I think this post would be better in the resorts board.

It will lessen the experience for those of us that will probably never get to stay in one.

I'll admit, if I thought I could get a reservation there, I'd be singing a different tune.

See my feeling on the Bungalows at the Poly is that for that much money I can actually go to Bora Bora. What they are looking to charge for the Bungalows is insane (IMO) and I just don't see the value.

FW, and the rumored epcot DVC isn't happening

1) we were told at The Fort, our DVC was still going to be built.
2) But, the construction dates have been moved further into the future to allow for WL room conversions.

1) we were told at The Fort, our DVC was still going to be built.
2) But, the construction dates have been moved further into the future to allow for WL room conversions.
I was saying it isn't happening at this time. I can definitely see it eventually but not within the next five years. Conversion is the big thing right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!