WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

Stitch
Kali - I don't want to get soaked. I like the ride okay but don't want to walk around all day in wet clothing and shoes.
Splash Mountain - same problem. I LOVE the ride but hate ending up soaked.
Na'vi River Journey - I'd probably do this if it was a walk on but that's it. I wouldn't waste any time waiting for it.

That's all that comes to mind. I mean we don't do the Dumbo/spinner rides just because - why bother? But if we happen to pass by and there's no line, we might hop on one. I'm not opposed to riding them.

There are a few rides that I won't do because they're too hard on my neck (herniated discs)--Space Mountain and Big Thunder, for example. Others are not favorites and I skip 'em when I'm alone but if someone I'm with wants to ride, I will. As for Barnstormer, when it was new my kids and I got FP for it and worked our day around it. When we finally rode, we laughed all through the ride and for the rest of the day because it was so lame and a waste of a FP. Still makes me smile years later, so for that it was worth it!
And CoP is a top fave, must-do.

The beauty of Walt Disney World is that there are rides and attractions for every persons wants and tastes. I personaly love COP. I'm in my 60's and really appreciate the AC and the rest. Besides, I really do like the attraction. Notice I called it an attraction rather than a ride. I don't like Stitch so I stay away from it but am always amazed by the lines going into it. I love certain rides and don't like others but that is my opinion and really, when you think about it. If I don't like the rides you like, I am not standing in line in front of you, making the line that much shorter. 188 days and I am back on COP.

I guess being burned by wait times, boredom, nausea, are all valid reasons to me :-)
but again, this was opinion, and you are welcome to convince me otherwise!

I would agree on the nausea and boredom factors for you, but I would say the ones that were wait times only 2xs, you may want to try again IF you actually enjoyed the ride itself if you saw it with un-biased (stupid wait times still stuck in your mind throughout the ride) views and were able to enjoy the ride. If you didn't enjoy the ride, then no need to do it. Like you said it was your opinion and unless I am mistaken, this is still America and we are all welcome to have those! ;) I personally wouldn't write a ride off I enjoyed IF it were just for 2 bad experiences getting to the actual ride itself.
I totally enjoyed the Mission Space multiple times in a row the first time I rode it with my then 9 year old son. He loved it. THEN someone in line behind us waiting with their kid mentioned it was a spinning ride. I have never ridden it since. I didn't get sick before not knowing it was a spin ride, but once I found out, I was greener than green on the last ride. :rolleyes2

The only one I can think of is the Indiana Stunt Show - I was so bored last time that I left. There are a number of rides and shows that I don't care for but would go on if someone else wanted to (Figment/Lion King and Nemo shows in AK) but no one could drag me back to Indiana Jones.

Enchanted tails with Belle when your kid gets passed over

Sure it’s good if your kid is in the show, but it sucks if your kid doesn’t get chosen. They should limit the show to only the number of kids who actually have parts.

I would agree on the nausea and boredom factors for you, but I would say the ones that were wait times only 2xs, you may want to try again IF you actually enjoyed the ride itself if you saw it with un-biased (stupid wait times still stuck in your mind throughout the ride) views and were able to enjoy the ride.

I agree the bad taste in my mouth from the wrong posted wait time and the issues that happened while in queue might have effected my view on JC, and made me upset/anxious to just get off the ride to get to other stuff i had planned.
I know what the ride is about (silly jokes, etc.) and i think it's OK, but not amazing as others point out.

Sure it’s good if your kid is in the show, but it sucks if your kid doesn’t get chosen. They should limit the show to only the number of kids who actually have parts.
I can see that being a problem if your kid is upset about not getting chosen. We went as 3 adults so that wasn't an issue. We thought it was fun. Not something we would do again but we definitely enjoyed seeing it once.

I don't know - not every kid wants to be chosen. I know one of mine didn't want to participate. So I'm not sure what the right way is to balance it, but you're right - if you have a kid that wants to participate (or has before) and they don't get chosen, it's a big disappointment no matter how much you try to prepare them for it.

When we did this a few months ago, they brought out the dishes so that every kid that wanted a "part" could grab a dish and stand in the front.

Definitely not as cool as being the beast, phillipe, or other main part, though

Stitch... no explanation needed.... yes, I know it's closed! It was just the first thing I thought of because it's so bad!
Kali.... no desire to get soaked on a ride that is so lame.... better off just jumping in the river!
Mission Space.... claustrophobic! Never... ever... again!
Tiki Birds.... just painful to sit and listen to for me!
Tomorrowland Speedway.... *cough! cough!* .... I value my clean lungs, besides it belongs at a county fair!
Barnstormer.... agree with OP.

Last edited:
I think that CoP is nice. I always leave it inspired. One thing that drives me crazy is when people leave the show. Leaving the show is very dangerous. Because it moves, it could get you seriously injured. Also, it ruins the experience for everyone else. The cast members have to re-play the scene that you just watched to make sure nobody else leaves.

Last edited:
I just returned from my first *real* Disney trip (did a half day at MK a couple years ago), so there are many things I haven’t done yet. We only did MK, AK, and DHS. Of the attractions we did, I wouldn’t say there’s anything I would never do again, but I didn’t really enjoy:

1. Enchanted Tiki Room. I appreciate it’s a classic and the original animatronic attraction, but I don’t think I need to see it again.

2. The Frozen Sing-Along. It wasn’t what we expected and the historians during our show had terrible comic timing.

But most other attractions I would do over and over and over!

We were at MK in April and both my husband and I were disappointed in Buzz Lightyear, we said we wasted a fast pass on it. Maybe because it’s similar idea to Toy Story Mania but not nearly as well done? It seemed as if the guns weren’t working well either. Going back in September and won’t ride it

Tea cups - vomit once as a 7 year old and be scarred for life. I blame my dad for spinning us into orbit.

Star Tours - for the same reason I can't ride the Simpsons ride at Universal. It make me sick and I feel like my back is breaking.

The Stitch thing - oh good it closed. It was terrible as the alien thing and worse as Stitch.

Some others are really boring but nostalgia is powerful in me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter