WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

DH and I are usually game for anything. The only 2 rides we haven't repeated (and won't) are Barnstormer and Mission Space. Barnstormer for same reasons as OP and Mission Space for most of the other posters - I grew up with thrill rides going to Worlds of Fun and Six Flags and have a strong stomach, but that one really messed with me.

Figment has been my favorite since I was 6 so I drag DH on it at least once a trip just for nostalgia. Good heavens, how I miss Dreamfinder! We also super enjoy Living with the Land :thumbsup2

A few trips ago we decide to go on one ride we had never done before. So the decision was to try Astro Orbiter......Never again!. Dizzy, nauseous, lightheaded, you name it. Mission Space Orange a close second.

We waited for Barnstormer for 30 minutes!!! never, ever again! Also, IASW will join the list. I've always forced my 2 boys on it; now they are adults, they obviously aren't going on. So I thought having a granddaughter would change that. My GD exclaimed, half way through, "oh, is this ride almost over?", as she put her hands over her ears! She was 4. LOL

Okay....I can’t believe I read all the way through this and no one has mentioned those Bears at Magic Kingdom. They are weird. The show made me uncomfortable. I did it once and never again.

We are back from our WDW trip, and i thought i would share what rides/attractions we thought we would never do again and why.

1) The Barnstormer: a 10 sec ride with a wait of 15 minutes (through the FP line). really?
It was so quick and lame (a short mini coaster that should be in six flags not at WDW). plus, the seat is so uncomfortable and made my back hurt. my kids were also very disappointed.

2) Jungle Cruise: we went to do it after RD, with a posted 10 min wait. it ended up being more like a 30 minute wait to get on the ride. some issue with boats, IDK. in 2012 same issue happened to us on this ride. I'm not doing this again.

3) Carrousel of Progress: excruciating 20 minutes that i will not get back again in my life.

4) Mission Space (orange): felt like puking for an hour after the ride.

5) Primeval Whirl: waste of time especially with Rider Swap when you have kids in tow.

Am I missing something :-?
What do you guys think?
I totally agree with Barnstormer and Mission Space!

I can’t ride mission space. It makes me ill. I’ve tried the green and orange. Both make me sick. Guess I’m getting old. I also can’t do the teacups for the same reason. Primeval whirl is iffy. Depends on if/what I’ve eaten.

So funny reading all of these.

We loved Stitch. Primeval Whirl is the ride we run to at rope drop and ride 6 times until everyone else shows up. Mission Space Orange is the only way to go. Green has no purpose.

Now I hide from the flames - we hate Fantasmic. So much waiting and crowds for a loud, chaotic, hot show. No thanks. I also don't like that dinosaur ride where you're in the big, bucking car. I feel like I do it once every 10 years and then remember why I hadn't done it in so long.

Okay....I can’t believe I read all the way through this and no one has mentioned those Bears at Magic Kingdom. They are weird. The show made me uncomfortable. I did it once and never again.

The Country Bears are a nostalgia thing for a lot of folks (including me) but you are right, they are kind of weird and incredibly dated.

I always end up in there though and sing along like a big dufus.

DH and I are usually game for anything. The only 2 rides we haven't repeated (and won't) are Barnstormer and Mission Space. Barnstormer for same reasons as OP and Mission Space for most of the other posters - I grew up with thrill rides going to Worlds of Fun and Six Flags and have a strong stomach, but that one really messed with me.

Figment has been my favorite since I was 6 so I drag DH on it at least once a trip just for nostalgia. Good heavens, how I miss Dreamfinder! We also super enjoy Living with the Land :thumbsup2
Tried MS in 2016 - have always done the biggest and fastest roller coasters so went for the more intense ride - never again - those G forces knocked me sideways - took a good 2 hours or more to get back to normal.

Flight of Passage. I got too nauseous and dizzy and had to keep my eyes closed through most of it. That was disappointing because all around me I could hear my family enjoying it and commenting on what they were seeing but whenever I opened my eyes the dizziness came back. So no more FOP for me.

I pretty much don't do anything in Studios - but that is more a factor that I'm not going to waste the time getting there and then to another park for the 3 things I like there (ToT, RnRC, and Muppets).

The only other things that are a hard pass for me are:
Hall of Presidents - forever ruined for me now
Happily Ever After - too disjointed and can't figure out if it wants to be a projection show or fireworks...I'd rather they pick one or the other, and since they have OUAT which is projections, IMHO Happily Ever After should be fireworks and music only.
Really looking forward to seeing the updated HoP, have read some great reviews of it - it certainly needed a shot in the arm - almost fell asleep in there back in 2016 on our last visit.

Tower of Terror
Mission Space
Indiana Jones stunt show

Have never done Primeval Whirl and don’t plan on doing it ever.
Indiana Jones is desperately in need of an overhaul - the final scene has been really dumbed down from the original and the last time that we were there in 2016 the "ball" got stuck and refused to come out :).

I guess I am more like you. I have favorites, and then less favorite ones, those that if time does not permit, get put off till next time, with the reality being some are not experienced again for years. But every once in a while I would try one of the lesser ones again, just to see if it or my opinion had changed. Though I usually had the same opinion upon experiencing it again.
Used to do everything but am now having problems, especially with spinning rides and those with intense pressures such as MS - nowadays I have to be more selective due to physical limitations rather than just not liking a ride. Price we pay for getting older I guess.

1 expedition Everest
2 rock n roller coaster
These rides actually hurt. Car accidents, falling of houses and horses etc. etc. etc. does take a toll...…..

Mission Space Orange. Destroyed an entire day for me since I was so dizzy afterward that all I could do was go back to the resort room. During it I was fine. After was another story. Entirely.
Surprised no one else has mentioned ITtBaB. OMG. Never ever ever again. Convinced that the bugs would be "cute" since, after all, it's Disney and it's animated, I went. Not cute. Insects. A 3D movie about insects, including insecty sensations and smells. Never ever ever ever again.
ToT--once was enough. Perhaps more than enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter