WDW rides that are hidden/hard to find

caitcance

Earning My Ears
Embarrassed to say that I had probably five Magic Kingdom trips under my belt before ever riding the Peoplemover. I think I was thrown off by the escalators and didn't even realize they went to a ride.

Same for Tres Caballeros. Just stumbled upon it one day in Epcot, never even knew it was there before.

Which rides do YOU think are hidden/hard to find?

There are lots of hidden things in Epcot, not rides but things to see. I didn't even know there was an exhibit in Morrocco until I did the World Showcase tour, it's very hidden behind that closed door without even a window
Even the ones that aren't hidden are not well utilized
Japan's current All things Cute
Shanghai Disney in China

We went to WDW for several years before we found The Country Bear Jamboree. Every time we'd get home, we would say "Oh, we forgot to find the Country Bears!" We finally found it and now we go in every trip. However, don't know how we missed it for so long - it's right on the main street in Frontier Land!!

We did People mover on our third trip. Never even knew what it was before, but now it's a must do. We also happened upon Three Caballeros on our honeymoon and it's a must do for me. I'm not sure if a lot of people know what Carousel of Progress is. The theater seems to always be empty when we go in.

Astro Orbiter

I'd say Jungle Cruise is a little out of the way, depending on which angle you are coming from, if you are coming from Pirates, you may just pass it.

Tiki Room, people may not realize what it is. Usually it is not busy. Country Bears also, it's like an empty waiting room, people may just look at that room and keep walking without realizing the show is back there.

Tom Sawyer's Island maybe, as it takes some effort to get over there.

I don't think people generally appreciate CoP. It is usually empty.

The Epcot movies, China, France, Canada.

Ok that's hilarious :P

Oh I remembered another one. Wasted about an hour wandering around Hollywood Studios once trying to find Muppets. Despite there being signs for it everywhere we still couldn't find it!

On Spaceship Earth, I do not think it is a hidden one, but one people think is just an icon and not an attraction. I guess they do not look at the maps or pay attention to the lines leading into the attraction. I know that I have not had any problems with this one since I remember riding it the first time in 1985. I remember asking someone once if they rode Spaceship Earth and when they looked at me like I was crazy, I said the "big ball" in Epcot. They could not believe that there was an attraction in it and then checked their map and say it listed.

I think that as long as you check out the guide maps, you will see most attractions, but sometimes finding the actual entrances are what I find difficult on new attractions.

I find DHS the most confusing about finding things. Lots of dead end streets so you are constantly doubling back. It is the only park where I sometimes have to pull out the park map to find something!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter