WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I've asked this several times, and no one has answered, what about lifeguards? I thought most of them are college program? That could be why there is a lack of clarity on pools and water parks.

I've asked this several times, and no one has answered, what about lifeguards? I thought most of them are college program? That could be why there is a lack of clarity on pools and water parks.
actually Corey who runs this site (don't know his handle) probably knows I've heard him say a few times he was a lifeguard for Disney.

I answered this a few pages back, not sure if it was you I quoted.
CP kids are part of every aspect of WDW operations but they are not the majority of any department.
In the zoom meeting from the attractions union they said that slide operators from the water parks would be the first recalled to serve in other positions, since the water parks don't seem to be opening in July.

I answered this a few pages back, not sure if it was you I quoted.
CP kids are part of every aspect of WDW operations but they are not the majority of any department.
In the zoom meeting from the attractions union they said that slide operators from the water parks would be the first recalled to serve in other positions, since the water parks don't seem to be opening in July.

Are the slide operators certified lifeguards?

Park hours are showing for both water parks on MDE. Not sure if it's a mistake.

WDW have only been updating each section of the calendar after public announcements. They spent days resetting the park hours after announcing the reopening dates; they removed magic hours only after announcing they were cancelled; etc. They probably won't change the WP hours on the calendar until they officially announce the closure or a plan for them.

I've asked this several times, and no one has answered, what about lifeguards? I thought most of them are college program?
Yes,a good number of them are.

One of our favorite things to do in the Summer is to float around Cross Country and quickly ask each Lifeguard where they are from as we float by them.

We get answers such as:

Thailand
England
Russia
Australia
ETC.

As well as just about any American College you can think of-it is fascinating! :)

Last edited:
If you watch long enough you'll notice that they rotate to different lifeguard positions throughout their shift. All are certified lifeguards.

I'm trying to remember, I think I am thinking of Crush'n Gusher. The people at the top had regular shirts on and not the "lifeguard" uniform of the white top and red shorts. They didn't seem to be certified lifeguards and more of a ride operator. I couldn't remember how they did it on the other slides, because I am not much of a slide person.

Dooubt it. They have enough to do with opening up 4 land parks. I don't think they want the complication of opening an additional water park as well.
Or the expense. No other water park opening g has influenced them, I doubt this one will either.

The NBA season finishing at WWoS is almost a done deal. The resort that will be used is almost confirmed to be Coronado Springs, if you have a reservation there in July/August/Sept you will probably be moved. Just a heads up f you haven't been following the news

If anyone is interested to see what a water park looks like in this "new normal" I'll be at Volcano Bay tomorrow at 10am live streaming
I don't think it will look that different since masks are only recommended
Maybe not the best place for this question, but for my Aug trip my 6 (almost 7) yo really wanted to go to a water park. We currently have tickets for, and a day reserved to go to BB or TL, but if those aren't open, how hard is it to get to VB? Is VB ok for a 6-7 yo or are the good slides for older kids? Family of 5 BTW.

Maybe not the best place for this question, but for my Aug trip my 6 (almost 7) yo really wanted to go to a water park. We currently have tickets for, and a day reserved to go to BB or TL, but if those aren't open, how hard is it to get to VB? Is VB ok for a 6-7 yo or are the good slides for older kids? Family of 5 BTW.
IMHO VB is the best water park in Orlando right now. They have an amazing kid water playground and their tapu tapu system is super convenient,I won't go into details as this is off topic but you can find guidance on the Universal forum
To get there you can uber/lyft or if you have a car it's an easy 20 min drive from Disney
If you are watching the live stream tomorrow you can send me questions on the chat if there's something specific you want to look at

Noting here that Disney finally updated their operations update page to say that the ticket usage window for impacted tickets will be extended to 9/26/2021. The way they re-worded the first sentence is interesting.

Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. If you are unable to visit by September 26, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

The old language said:

Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 through the end of the actual closure period will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!