WDW Tickets Increasing 2/11/18

Really no advantage to buying 3-4 day tickets vs single days...that should be interesting with Universal and other attractions down the street...
The advantage to buying 3-4 day tickets is you have no restriction on the park you can enter. Since MK has a different daily price than the other parks, you'd have to decide which park daily ticket to purchase.

If you have a package that includes tickets, and you've paid a deposit, are the prices locked in?

If you have a package that includes tickets, and you've paid a deposit, are the prices locked in?

From what I have read on another thread on this subject, yes, unless you make any changes to the package. If you make changes to the package, the tickets revert to whatever current pricing is at the time of the change.

Is this guy any more credible than everyone else who has been speculating that prices MIGHT go up this weekend? 14% increase on the 4 day is not good.

Ughhh this is a bummer. We have a package booked with tickets and I was waiting until we arrived onsite to upgrade mine to an AP. I can't believe it's going up by so much!! $80 :-O

Trying to wrap my head around this all. Going in early November. Obviously don't know if my dates will be eligible for a room discount or free dining or anything at all. There will be 3 adults and 2 children.

4 day ticket for adults is showing a $50 increase (which is what we're getting)! Do we know the increase for kids? (Did I miss that?) We're staying in a family suite at AOA for 5 nights so at most a 15% discount I assume. (Room only cost is $2,099 with tax)

My options are:
#1 Keep what I have and take the chance of no discount but price of tickets don't go up ($3,920.90)
#2 Change to room only and buy tickets now and assume/hope for 15% discount which would make my cost ($3,443.65) but chance not getting free dining since I already purchased tickets
#3 Keep what I have and hope RO comes out ($3,785.09) even with ticket increase
#4 Keep what I have and hope for FD which would add a value of $1,004.90 or decrease my cost to ($3,068.75) even with ticket increase

WWYD? Am I over thinking this or missing something?

Trying to wrap my head around this all. Going in early November. Obviously don't know if my dates will be eligible for a room discount or free dining or anything at all. There will be 3 adults and 2 children.

4 day ticket for adults is showing a $50 increase (which is what we're getting)! Do we know the increase for kids? (Did I miss that?) We're staying in a family suite at AOA for 5 nights so at most a 15% discount I assume. (Room only cost is $2,099 with tax)

My options are:
#1 Keep what I have and take the chance of no discount but price of tickets don't go up ($3,920.90)
#2 Change to room only and buy tickets now and assume/hope for 15% discount which would make my cost ($3,443.65) but chance not getting free dining since I already purchased tickets
#4 Keep what I have and hope for FD which would add a value of $1,004.90 or decrease my cost to ($3,068.75) even with ticket increase

So hard to know! We are trying to figure out what to do also...Um, in your case, your dates might would be FD'ing. Have you looked to see if your dates included FD'ing last year? My aunt went in early Nov 2017 and while her dates did include FD'ing, I know they were very limited in resorts and rooms available. They stayed at AoA in a fam suite also.

My best guess is we will see FD'ing again or at least a decent RO discount for that time period. My aunt said it wasn't all that busy (she is used to going spring break and Christmas but has been with us early Sept and early Dec).

Were you already planning on buying PH'ers?

So hard to know! We are trying to figure out what to do also...Um, in your case, your dates might would be FD'ing. Have you looked to see if your dates included FD'ing last year? My aunt went in early Nov 2017 and while her dates did include FD'ing, I know they were very limited in resorts and rooms available. They stayed at AoA in a fam suite also.

My best guess is we will see FD'ing again or at least a decent RO discount for that time period. My aunt said it wasn't all that busy (she is used to going spring break and Christmas but has been with us early Sept and early Dec).

Were you already planning on buying PH'ers?

I COMPLETELY forgot that you have to have park hoppers for FD. That would add an additional $320 to option #4. Still a good deal although we'd have no need for PH (the thought of PH with a 1 year old sounds exhausting!)

It looks like our dates aren't typically included with the FD offer but you truly just never know what Disney is going to do with their deals! At this point I'm just going to be content paying full price with what the current ticket prices are. Someone give me a crystal ball!

I COMPLETELY forgot that you have to have park hoppers for FD. That would add an additional $320 to option #4. Still a good deal although we'd have no need for PH (the thought of PH with a 1 year old sounds exhausting!)

It looks like our dates aren't typically included with the FD offer but you truly just never know what Disney is going to do with their deals! At this point I'm just going to be content paying full price with what the current ticket prices are. Someone give me a crystal ball!

That is why I asked about the PH'ers lol! I couldn't imagine you were going to hop with the baby :) One park per day keeps us plenty busy!!

That is why I asked about the PH'ers lol! I couldn't imagine you were going to hop with the baby :) One park per day keeps us plenty busy!!

PHing at Disneyland I can do all day long. WDW? No thanks - especially with a 1 year old :faint: I think I'll keep what we've got and see if anything comes out!

My options are:

the last 2 years FD has been blacked out for October and the beginning of November. 2016 black out ended 11/15 and 2017 was ~ 11/14. Probably no FD until after November 11

Hmm... this is TMI too soon! Ack... I always feel like I know the mouse and then there are suddenly too many variables and I'm lost again!

We are traveling twice.... once Oct 6-10, 2018 - which is Columbus Day weekend so I don't think there will be much in the way of FD or deals... and then again around the same time. But probably not in a way that both trips could be covered by one AP. Hm... my current strategy may be to buy two $500 Disney cards at Sams Club for 485 each... use those to get three 4-day non-hopper tickets for now - and then possibly upgrade one of those to an AP closer to our first trip if I can figure out timing and it benefits any hotel discounts.

Thoughts from anyone more savvy on this stuff???

Hmm... this is TMI too soon! Ack... I always feel like I know the mouse and then there are suddenly too many variables and I'm lost again!

We are traveling twice.... once Oct 6-10, 2018 - which is Columbus Day weekend so I don't think there will be much in the way of FD or deals... and then again around the same time. But probably not in a way that both trips could be covered by one AP. Hm... my current strategy may be to buy two $500 Disney cards at Sams Club for 485 each... use those to get three 4-day non-hopper tickets for now - and then possibly upgrade one of those to an AP closer to our first trip if I can figure out timing and it benefits any hotel discounts.

Thoughts from anyone more savvy on this stuff???
Keep in mind, tickets will possibly increase in 2019, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts