WDW Tickets Increasing 2/11/18

We were looking to go back since we've only been once. Yet now with the tickets increase plus the airlines doubling their prices, we're officially priced out.:sad1:

Prices didn't increase as much as predicted except for the 2 day ticket for WDW. Unless they were accounting for taxes but the before price they had was without tax so :confused3

The Disneyland AP prices have incresaed so much over the years. I know they were under priced back in the early 2000s but these prices are no longer affordable for most families. We could make it work if it was our only entertainment choice, but add in the huge crowds and difficulty parking and getting into the parks I no longer desire to have a pass. And I'm a huge fan! For our family of 4 to get one signature (for parking) and three deluxe would be a $600 downpayment plus over$200/month or $3,100 all at once. Crazy!

Our family is choosing to go to WDW this year and next year we may get the off season SoCal resident tickets, but the days of getting an AP are no longer for us. Kind of sad.

The Disneyland AP prices have incresaed so much over the years. I know they were under priced back in the early 2000s but these prices are no longer affordable for most families. We could make it work if it was our only entertainment choice, but add in the huge crowds and difficulty parking and getting into the parks I no longer desire to have a pass. And I'm a huge fan! For our family of 4 to get one signature (for parking) and three deluxe would be a $600 downpayment plus over$200/month or $3,100 all at once. Crazy!

Our family is choosing to go to WDW this year and next year we may get the off season SoCal resident tickets, but the days of getting an AP are no longer for us. Kind of sad.

We used to do the same thing - 1 Signature and 3 Deluxes. We didn't do passes last year because I was pregnant and kids weren't as excited to go. Now we want passes again but I can't stomach these prices. We may do the So Cal one as well but we have to take a good look at our schedule and blackout dates to determine if it's worth it.

Last edited:

We used to do the same thing - 1 Signature and 3 Deluxes. We didn't do passes lastvuear because I was pregnant and kids weren't as excited to go. Now we want passes again but I can't stomach these prices. We may do the So Cal one as well but we have to take a good look at our schedule and blackout dates to determine if it's worth it.

We got the SoCal passes a few years ago. With sports/activities and school it was hard to make the passes worth it. Plus I had to pay $20 to park each time. Then I felt obligated to go if the stars aligned when we weren't blacked out and it felt like a chore. Not very magical. When they were preschoolers and could miss school the SoCal Select made a lot more sense.

I see regular AP holders got smacked:( At first when I looked at the price increase I thought "Ok, not to bad, $20 increase" then I saw that they eliminated the renewal discount:eek:

Too bad you can't buy multiple year annual passes. Glad I already renewed mine for this year.
actually you can buy an annual pass and not apply it until you are ready to start it. No, you can't do a multiyear renewal, but take advantage of promotions and pre-buy.

Can someone explain what happens if we buy tickets now but are not able to use them this year? We are planning to go to DLR this summer but the trip is a tiny bit still up-in-the-air.

Can someone explain what happens if we buy tickets now but are not able to use them this year? We are planning to go to DLR this summer but the trip is a tiny bit still up-in-the-air.
Currently any tickets you buy from Disneyland directly have a first date of use of 12/31/19 and will expire 13 days after the first date of use. If you don't use them before then the ticket retains the dollar value that you paid for it and can be applied to buying tickets at "current" pricing after they expire.

Currently any tickets you buy from Disneyland directly have a first date of use of 12/31/19 and will expire 13 days after the first date of use. If you don't use them before then the ticket retains the dollar value that you paid for it and can be applied to buying tickets at "current" pricing after they expire.

What if we buy them from a reseller who is selling them at the old pricing? That is what I am looking at...Sorry I was not clear on that...The tickets would be from LMTclub.com

What if we buy them from a reseller who is selling them at the old pricing? That is what I am looking at...Sorry I was not clear on that...The tickets would be from LMTclub.com
Those tickets have a 12/31/18 first day of use expiration. I believe you should be able to use the credit towards a valid ticket if you don't use it before then.

Hi @wendow! I was just reading about this. From what I read, you can upgrade your “old” ticket( as long as it is unused) to the new one for the price difference. If you buy from a third party, you have to upgrade at the gate. However, from what I understood, they won’t know what you paid for that third party ticket so u will get credit for the pre Feb Disney price. So in your case, I think it will still be cost effective to buy from a third party seller even if you won’t use them before December.

Just a heads up. It doesn't look like LMT has raised their prices yet. After hem hawing all weekend I went ahead and bought our 5 day hoppers for $300 each today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!