WDW Tickets Increasing 2/11/18

Hi @wendow! I was just reading about this. From what I read, you can upgrade your “old” ticket( as long as it is unused) to the new one for the price difference. If you buy from a third party, you have to upgrade at the gate. However, from what I understood, they won’t know what you paid for that third party ticket so u will get credit for the pre Feb Disney price. So in your case, I think it will still be cost effective to buy from a third party seller even if you won’t use them before December.

Thanks friend! I was really hoping that would be the case!

lmt.com is the $300 5 day park ticket for DW or DL? I have not been to their site before and its $50 to join so just wondering if anyone has used them before? Was going to wait until closer to Nov trip but if that price is for DW will buy them now. Can I buy 4 adults and 1 child or is there a limit?

lmt.com is the $300 5 day park ticket for DW or DL? I have not been to their site before and its $50 to join so just wondering if anyone has used them before? Was going to wait until closer to Nov trip but if that price is for DW will buy them now. Can I buy 4 adults and 1 child or is there a limit?
That's the DLR 5 day hopper. No idea how competitive they are on WDW prices. Lots of folks on the WDW side buy from Undercover Tourist.

You can google "free last minute travel promo code" and get a free membership. I used them the last 2 years and had no issues at all. I already got my vouchers by email after buying earlier today.

I can't imagine you'd have trouble buying 4 adults and one child.

I don't think LMTclub.com sells WDW tickets. I'm buying six tickets from them for DLR and there has been no problem with the quantity.

I don't think LMTclub.com sells WDW tickets. I'm buying six tickets from them for DLR and there has been no problem with the quantity.
I did find them listed under activities in Orlando. If I'm reading it right, a 5 day hopper is $443.

Thank you! We used UT on our other trips and really loved the fast service. I think i will order from them with the tickets they have in stock.

A WDW 5 day hopper at Undercover tourist is cheaper than a 5 day hopper at Last Minute Travel. I haven't checked other types of tickets though. I just bought 5 day hoppers at UT for $432.95 each.

I did find them listed under activities in Orlando. If I'm reading it right, a 5 day hopper is $443.

Oh nice, they didn't come up when I searched! I'll look again. I'm interested how their prices compare to UT (for non-PH'ers...we don't hop at WDW).

We have a trip planned for next December and I am really thinking about canceling and going somewhere else. I realize that it sound dramatic but it's an additional $100 to an already expensive trip. There are so many places we can go and have a great time for less money.
Disney claims they are raising the prices AGAIN to Lower the crowds. I think they may get what they claim they want.

We have a trip planned for next December and I am really thinking about canceling and going somewhere else. I realize that it sound dramatic but it's an additional $100 to an already expensive trip. There are so many places we can go and have a great time for less money.
Disney claims they are raising the prices AGAIN to Lower the crowds. I think they may get what they claim they want.

I think what I see every year in these price increases thread is a bunch of us upset about the price increase but we all already have trips planned for the spring or summer or even Christmas by the time the Feb price increase happens. We all get mad but we cannot take this year's trip away from our family so we decide we'll go this year but do something different the following year. Then our trip happens, and it's wonderful and by now, the sting of the price increase has faded so we decide to start planning next year's Disney trip. Then, February rolls around and ugh, they do it to us again. Raise the prices more than we feel is legit and say it's because crowds are too big. We decide we'll go this year but NEXT year, we're really gonna go somewhere else. Yet we never do actually take our vacations away from Disney. If we all actually did that, Disney would feel it and they would get those lower crowds they claim to want. And I want lower crowds too. If their price increases actually did lower the crowd levels, I'd probably cheer them on (not that I want that or can afford it!!), but the crowds just keep growing in spite of the pricing. WHY?!? Everyone I talk to is gung-ho on Universal...yet DIsney is the packed place. I don't get it!

I think what I see every year in these price increases thread is a bunch of us upset about the price increase but we all already have trips planned for the spring or summer or even Christmas by the time the Feb price increase happens. We all get mad but we cannot take this year's trip away from our family so we decide we'll go this year but do something different the following year. Then our trip happens, and it's wonderful and by now, the sting of the price increase has faded so we decide to start planning next year's Disney trip. Then, February rolls around and ugh, they do it to us again. Raise the prices more than we feel is legit and say it's because crowds are too big. We decide we'll go this year but NEXT year, we're really gonna go somewhere else. Yet we never do actually take our vacations away from Disney. If we all actually did that, Disney would feel it and they would get those lower crowds they claim to want. And I want lower crowds too. If their price increases actually did lower the crowd levels, I'd probably cheer them on (not that I want that or can afford it!!), but the crowds just keep growing in spite of the pricing. WHY?!? Everyone I talk to is gung-ho on Universal...yet DIsney is the packed place. I don't get it!

I will say, I have 2 cousins who aren't renewing here in the next 2 weeks with AP increases. A co-worker of my DH isn't renewing either. And this is just for 3 people I know who's are expiring in the next couple of weeks. We gave up our APs last spring. (And I'm sure you know I'm talking about Disneyland) I think they've finally priced out many people for passes.

Our lives have become busier with our kids getting older so finding the time to go weekly or even monthly has become so difficult which makes the value hard to justify. If we went 9 times a year with the Deluxe, it'd cost our family almost $400 per trip having to factor in parking as well.

I really REALLY want to get passes again but I'm afraid at this point we can't. Fortunately we know a few people who work at DLR so we can get in a few times a year if we REALLY wanted to but I hate inconveniencing people.

I think the crowds will start thinning out and the makeup of the crowds are changing. Less families, more Millenials and now Generation Z. I know a great many that are still living at home into their early 30s thus having more disposable income. Perhaps this is Disney's plan. Families spend less because they have more expenses so they're after the young singles and childless couples with more money to spend at the parks. Who knows?

I will say, I have 2 cousins who aren't renewing here in the next 2 weeks with AP increases. A co-worker of my DH isn't renewing either. And this is just for 3 people I know who's are expiring in the next couple of weeks. We gave up our APs last spring. (And I'm sure you know I'm talking about Disneyland) I think they've finally priced out many people for passes.

Our lives have become busier with our kids getting older so finding the time to go weekly or even monthly has become so difficult which makes the value hard to justify. If we went 9 times a year with the Deluxe, it'd cost our family almost $400 per trip having to factor in parking as well.

I really REALLY want to get passes again but I'm afraid at this point we can't. Fortunately we know a few people who work at DLR so we can get in a few times a year if we REALLY wanted to but I hate inconveniencing people.

I think the crowds will start thinning out and the makeup of the crowds are changing. Less families, more Millenials and now Generation Z. I know a great many that are still living at home into their early 30s thus having more disposable income. Perhaps this is Disney's plan. Families spend less because they have more expenses so they're after the young singles and childless couples with more money to spend at the parks. Who knows?

It's interesting you know so many who are not renewing! And didn't Disney cut out some of the less expensive DLR AP's like a year or two ago? I feel like one of the DLR vets here told me that but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I have been thinking for awhile that Disney was changing who they were marketing to so it's interesting you bring that up. I get a lot of emails from different Disney 'entities' and I've begun to notice that a lot of the merchandise ones have all their marketing pics as young couples or singles...no kids...no families...The first time I noticed it, it really surprised me like "hmm, why would you send out this email full of pics to sell your merchandise and not a single one contains a child??!?" I even showed it to my dh and said something about it appears the marketing is more for young people with no kids since they, many times, have more disposable income. Obviously a lot of their marketing is still geared at families but their pricing makes it very hard for families to go as often :(

It's interesting you know so many who are not renewing! And didn't Disney cut out some of the less expensive DLR AP's like a year or two ago? I feel like one of the DLR vets here told me that but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I have been thinking for awhile that Disney was changing who they were marketing to so it's interesting you bring that up. I get a lot of emails from different Disney 'entities' and I've begun to notice that a lot of the merchandise ones have all their marketing pics as young couples or singles...no kids...no families...The first time I noticed it, it really surprised me like "hmm, why would you send out this email full of pics to sell your merchandise and not a single one contains a child??!?" I even showed it to my dh and said something about it appears the marketing is more for young people with no kids since they, many times, have more disposable income. Obviously a lot of their marketing is still geared at families but their pricing makes it very hard for families to go as often :(

They got rid of the Southern California (non Select) which is what we'd have got because it includes some Sundays. They can REALLY thin out the crowds if they choose to get rid of the payment plan.

And yes, as a matter of fact most of the people I know who have passes are single (my little 20 year old brother for example), young couples (my cousin and his pregnant wife who are actually thinking of dropping the passes) or young families (another cousin and her husband who have a 2 year old). We live 15 minutes from Disneyland and I can't think of anyone at the kids' school who has passes and we live in a middle-upper class city. Many have Knott's passes though.

A lot of the Disneyland AP groups I follow on social media, I'd say a majority of the members are childless. I think you're right - they're marketing to a new, younger, childless crowd.

They got rid of the Southern California (non Select) which is what we'd have got because it includes some Sundays. They can REALLY thin out the crowds if they choose to get rid of the payment plan.

And yes, as a matter of fact most of the people I know who have passes are single (my little 20 year old brother for example), young couples (my cousin and his pregnant wife who are actually thinking of dropping the passes) or young families (another cousin and her husband who have a 2 year old). We live 15 minutes from Disneyland and I can't think of anyone at the kids' school who has passes and we live in a middle-upper class city. Many have Knott's passes though.

A lot of the Disneyland AP groups I follow on social media, I'd say a majority of the members are childless. I think you're right - they're marketing to a new, younger, childless crowd.
The pass is not completely gone. You just can’t buy it as a new pass, it’s available as renewal only.

Interesting thoughts. On my last trip (WDW not DL), I remember noticing that while it was crowded, there didn't seem to be many kids there. Of course this was January when schools were not out, but I remember waiting in line for HM and my son was the only other kid I saw playing with the queue features, and things like Dumbo didn't seem to have nearly as much of a line as other rides. I feel like most of the extra festivals are really aimed at the childless group (food and drink booths, etc.) I always wish there was more for kids at F&W (F&G did have the great play areas for kids last year!) I'm glad they're doing Toy Story Land, but Pandora doesn't interest my kid at all.

Interesting thoughts. On my last trip (WDW not DL), I remember noticing that while it was crowded, there didn't seem to be many kids there. Of course this was January when schools were not out, but I remember waiting in line for HM and my son was the only other kid I saw playing with the queue features, and things like Dumbo didn't seem to have nearly as much of a line as other rides. I feel like most of the extra festivals are really aimed at the childless group (food and drink booths, etc.) I always wish there was more for kids at F&W (F&G did have the great play areas for kids last year!) I'm glad they're doing Toy Story Land, but Pandora doesn't interest my kid at all.

We've noticed this as well. We are homeschoolers so we go in Sept every year. The last 5'ish years we have noticed way less kiddos than we used to, yet increased crowds overall. We frequently get on the boat to go from MK to the Poly and while the boat is full, we are the only people with kids. Or we get on the monorail and the car is full but there are no other kids but ours (in our car). I actually noticed that for the first time several years ago and thought it was odd so I said something to my dh about it. We both became aware of it and now we notice it a lot every year. The weirdest thing to me was getting in line to meet Belle in France and while the line was about 20-25 people, my kids were the only ones in line. An 50yo'ish man literally bumped one of my kids to get ahead of us. I would have been mad if I didn't feel so sad for him (had his little autograph book in hand and was practically drooling :crazy2:).

I'm thrilled to see Toy Story Land coming too. I don't mind Disney creating more adult-type events but I want to see more family friendly ones as well. We did Pandora when we were there and while FOP was super cool, my kids have no idea what any of it is about (me either!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter