WDW Transportation

Do you Think WDW transportation is awful ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have posted no because teh system is efficient but my gripe is with the older buses. i use my wheelchair more now than i used to and decided to use transport mote this vacation. i found the new style ramp buses where great at the resorts but the older style buses with the lift in teh back steps just could not work at the resorts due to the incline at the bus stops. many of the drivers went to great lengths to try and get them to work but more often than not the ramp would not lower meaning i ither waited for the next bus or if i was able to board teh bus out of the chair which can be dfficult. i think disney need to try and ensure the newer buses attend the resorts. i waited for over an hour for a bus that was aber to lower the ramp to get us to DHS.

Oops, I voted yes when I really meant no. I agree with WillCAD's comments on the system. The only difference is that I will put up with the flaws of the system so that I don't have to drive myself. I like being free from the responsibilities of navigating a vehicle even if it means waiting, lines and standing. I think Disney does a pretty good job at what it is trying to accomplish - move lots of people around to lots of different places. Sure it could be better but at what cost?

...My problems with the system have always been A) it takes a lot longer to get anywhere on WDW transpo than by car maybe during crowded times but the last two weeks in Sept 2008 our friends took the bus and we had a car and they beat or tied us everytime, maybe due to lower crowd season. B) WDW transpo is much more crowded than my rental car, if the bus is full - again probably depends on time of year one goes and C) WDW transpo operates on set routes with an approximate 20-minute schedule. By renting a car, I can go where I want, when I want, with as many or few stops as I want, including off-site for shopping and dining. 100% true...

I voted no, but it is a conditional no.

Most of the time it is fantastic, but when trying to get from resort - resort, it's a pain, no way around it. Feels like it takes forever, but it is a small price to pay to be there.

Sometimes, but mostly no. Overall I'm amazed at how quickly they move huge quantities of folks to their desired destinations. I do not however think that any guest should ever have to wait 30minutes for a bus to show up - I think they could easily monitor bus stops by camera better than they do, and keep waits under 30 minutes.

I also think they could improve resort to resort transportation offerings and scooter services. I think periodically they should dispatch special vans for scooters to reduce waits/frustration for everyone.

I also think they offer a neat variety of options where they can: monorail, bus, boat. I'd love to seem more 'fun' modes incorporated in the future.

One thing I DO miss are the entertainment the bus driver used to often provide: trivia, jokes, WDW facts. Some of the current music is annoying.Still they could take that tie to offer a fun way to give guests behavior reminders.

Had a bad bus experience this week .
Sept 11 ,afternoon , Epcot to Riverside , 1hr 20min wait . An empty bus ,clearly marked Riverside,
drove right by our now large group of guests , at about the mid point of our wait . Hunted down the Bus co ordinator @ Epcot bus depot
who. was not paying attention , could not explain the problem to us, but got us a bus eventually.

To avoid confusion (and since this thread should really be on the Transportation board anyway), closing this nearly 10 year old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter