WDW vs. Aulani?

Another resort for you all to consider is the Swan and Dolphin if you want to stay at a deluxe hotel at a moderate price. It is in the Epcot resort area and is considered “on property,” but it is a Marriott so you can use/or earn points there too. You get most WDW resort perks except no transport to and from the airport, and magic bands are not included. This is my go to spot, especially now that transportation can take longer with social distancing on buses. You can walk to both Hollywood studios and Epcot and get to the other Epcot resorts to eat and visit really easily. Also it has shulas steakhouse which is awesome.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/
Check out the resort thread for more info on that hotel. Also I did a mini trip report from when I I was there in August so that might give you some idea of what it was like to stay there. I was also there in mid September but I haven’t written that report yet but will post when that’s ready too. September definitely had more people than the August trip so take that portion with a grain of salt as far as crowds and being able to re-ride the headliners a bunch.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mini-trip-report-wdw-and-uor-8-9-20-8-14-20.3810536/

We may be jumping on this bandwagon. Last night H said that if DLR doesn't have guidelines for opening soon we should plan a trip to WDW 🤯 I can't decide how I feel about it. I've never really had a desire to go to WDW because I've always loved the Land so much, but Epcot and AK do intrigue me...a lot...But the planning seems overwhelming...so Crystal, I may be stalking you for ideas!

I just had a random thought...do we think WDW will see it's usual crowds at Christmastime? My 40th Birthday is right after Christmas, so an after Christmas/New Year's trip would be in line for us.

We may be jumping on this bandwagon. Last night H said that if DLR doesn't have guidelines for opening soon we should plan a trip to WDW 🤯 I can't decide how I feel about it. I've never really had a desire to go to WDW because I've always loved the Land so much, but Epcot and AK do intrigue me...a lot...But the planning seems overwhelming...so Crystal, I may be stalking you for ideas!

I just had a random thought...do we think WDW will see it's usual crowds at Christmastime? My 40th Birthday is right after Christmas, so an after Christmas/New Year's trip would be in line for us.
Awesome!!! I turned 40 this year too! We were supposed to be at DL the weekend they closed. :(

I’m still researching away!!! Obviously I don’t know a ton, but would be happy to help if you have any questions. (Plus so many helpful people on this thread already) I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get a feel for things at WDW.

In terms of crowds, I’m not really sure what will happen by Christmas time!! We’ve been trying to figure out how crowded it is. Some people say it isn’t bad and others say it’s super crowded. Then we see videos of it not crowded and videos of it super crowded🤷‍♀️ So we are prepping our kids that lines will be long. No fastpass. Or Maxpass. And that we will have to be patient. I read on a thread yesterday that someone got in line for slinky dog and it said 85 min. But they only waited about an hour.

I’m most worried about not knowing where I am going and wasting time trying to find things. So I plan on trying to study the maps before we go. Also plan on kinda picking our food options ahead of time so we can mobile order ASAP and pick our time slot.

We are super excited to check out WDW though. A break from the real world is what we all need this year.☺️

I’m most worried about not knowing where I am going and wasting time trying to find things. So I plan on trying to study the maps before we go. Also plan on kinda picking our food options ahead of time so we can mobile order ASAP and pick our time slot
Yes!!! In January we wasted so much time wandering around lost because the parks are significantly larger than DL’s! The app is helpful but it doesn’t give an accurate representation of how far apart the attractions are. We found it helpful to get a paper map and use that (we looked like lost tourists 😂).

Yes!!! In January we wasted so much time wandering around lost because the parks are significantly larger than DL’s! The app is helpful but it doesn’t give an accurate representation of how far apart the attractions are. We found it helpful to get a paper map and use that (we looked like lost tourists 😂).
Lol. I told my kids we will be the tourists wandering around with a map looking lost! That’s so weird to me since I know my way around DL like the back of my hand. Lol. My kids LOVE the paper maps so I know we will be grabbing some of those too. ☺️

For people who have booked flights, have the airlines changed anything with your itineraries? I've seen people post about going on flights (not to WDW specifically), and having their flights changed at the last minute or right after they booked them.

For people who have booked flights, have the airlines changed anything with your itineraries? I've seen people post about going on flights (not to WDW specifically), and having their flights changed at the last minute or right after they booked them.
We just booked flights tonight. So far, so good. Will keep you posted if anything changes. I sure hope not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter