We are Booked BUT without a Cabin Number

Tammy_in_NC

Earning My Ears
We have a confirmed reservation (via Dreams Unlimited) for the Western Cruise on 4/25/03. BUT, our cabin number is only "guaranteed". Reservation agent said we may not even get one assigned until we board the ship. We are in cat 5 (for a family of 5). Has anyone else ever had this happen ??

Is there any way that I can tell when a
room opens up and request it ??

We booked a "guaranteed" cat. 6 for 3/29/03 through DCL. I checked online about a month ago and had been assigned cabin 6556. I guess you'll just have to keep checking...

Hi Tammy! A guarantee means you are guaranteed at LEAST a Category 5 stateroom. Most likely you WILL get your room assignment in advance, the vast majority are assigned before final docs are sent. No matter what you'll get a great stateroom, Cat. 5s are all great and you may even luck out and get a higher category.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I thought Category 4 was the minimum for a family of 5? Can someone enlighten me? LOL.

That's what I am wondering as well.....I thought only Cat 4 and higher had room for five....

Don't worry about not having a cabin assignment yet. I am currently booked on a Cat 9 GTY for 1/4 and I don't have my cabin number yet....I'll find out at the Port...no big deal!!! I can't check online anymore because it is too close to the sail date and cannot be accessed online anymore.

MJ

Originally posted by mmouse37
That's what I am wondering as well.....I thought only Cat 4 and higher had room for five....Don't worry about not having a cabin assignment yet. I am currently booked on a Cat 9 GTY for 1/4 and I don't have my cabin number yet....I'll find out at the Port...no big deal!!! I can't check online anymore because it is too close to the sail date and cannot be accessed online anymore.
Was that with DU? I book directly with DCL and can access all my past, present and future reservations from their website at any time. And CarolAnnK you are right - they must have at least a Cat. 4 for 5 people. I don't understand why they would let them book 5 in a Cat. 5.

Regarding stateroom assignment if GTY - My next cruise is 1/23 and since none of my favorite Nav. Verandahs were available, I booked Cat 11 GTY. I checked my res daily. Two days ago it showed my cabin assignment as 2044. Although that was a 2 category upgrade, I did NOT want that location, so I paid for an upgrade to a Cat 6 mid-ship. If you have a location preference, you might want to keep a <I>close</I> watch on your res and call <I>immediately</I> if you end up with something undesirable. You <I>may</I> be able to change locations, or if not might be able to upgrade.

I think Tammy just made a typo, she is in a Cat. 4 guarantee for her family of five. :)

taswira....I was able to check my ressie online (booked directly with DCL) up until a week before sail date of 1/4/03. Then when I tried to access the ressie it told me none could be found. I called DCL and the CM told me that the ressie at that point gets switched to a group ressie and cannot be accessed online anymore. How do you access your past ressies on the DCL website??? I know you are a TA, do you access thru the TA screen or the general ressie screen?

I now recall the same thing happening when I booked last Feb as GTY as well.

MJ

MJ - Were you part of a group in more than one stateroom? Maybe it has something to do with that (?). When accessing ressies for individuals or groups I book as a TA, I <I>do</I> use the TA section of their site. But for my personal ressies I usually access the public site and (at least so far) have been able to see my details even on the day of the cruise. I log in with my CC number and my Disney user name and password, and ALL of my cruises appear, sorted by reservation number. Gee - Now I'm feeling <I>privileged</I>"! :jester:

Mmouse, your docs don't have a room number on it? I hope you get a nice upgrade, let us know when you get back.

BTW...When someone gets an upgrade is it always after the 60 day mark, when you are paid in full?

Have a Magical time
Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter