We. Are. CHUNKY! DISBoards Epic Girls Trip May 2019 THE END! Epilogue: Dream Cruise, Club 33 and a new TR!

Had some friends (surprisingly younger kids/adults)....
They would put all their phones in the middle of the table. First person to touch their phone had to buy the meal for everyone.

I've heard that one before! But it wouldn't work for us, cause if Fran wanted to use her phone she'd be like, "Fine, I'll pick up the tab." She often does anyways.

Maybe me and my wife can meet up with y'all. That is the weekend after DDCC is over so should have some free time.
Sounds awesome! We arrive the evening of Jan 17th and leave early afternoon on the 22nd. So all my plans are basically revolving around getting on RotR...I am not sure what our first attempt day is but we do have FP for sunday the 18th at DHS. We may try and attempt every day? LOL. I am not an early riser but for this ride I will train myself, LOL. We are staying at Caribbean Beach.
Had some friends (surprisingly younger kids/adults)....
They would put all their phones in the middle of the table. First person to touch their phone had to buy the meal for everyone.
That seems like a good idea and one that we should all adopt. Steve and I are certainly guilty of using phones all the time!

We arrive the evening of Jan 17th and leave early afternoon on the 22nd. So all my plans are basically revolving around getting on RotR...I am not sure what our first attempt day is but we do have FP for sunday the 18th at DHS. We may try and attempt every day? LOL. I am not an early riser but for this ride I will train myself, LOL. We are staying at Caribbean Beach.
We can probably do something the 18th(Sat) or 19th(Sun). Other days, work will interfere except in evenings

If (please note IF) y'all want to have dinner one evening, that's possible too.

That seems like a good idea and one that we should all adopt. Steve and I are certainly guilty of using phones all the time!
Coni and I are guilty if it at times, but it amazes us when we go out to dinner and see people "together" at dinner and their faces stuck in the phone the whole time.

2020 Travel Plans

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and happy new year! Can't believe the new year is upon us but I'm excited about 2020! 2019 was very healing for me and we had some amazing vacations this year. We went to Disney World 5 times, including previewing Galaxy's Edge twice, went on 2 Disney cruises to the Bahamas and Bermuda, went to Disneyland, visited Club 33 in multiple parks thanks to amazing and generous friends, and I spent a week visiting family in Singapore. Also because we took 2 cruises this year we are now officialy GOLD Castaway Cay members! Yay! Maybe I can finally get that Palo brunch! 😆

Unfortunately a few weeks ago in mid-December, Steve's dad passed away. He was 75 years young, only 3 years older than my dad was last year when he passed. He was in a rough situation, he had suffered multiple falls over the past few years and his brain function was degenerating. He was wheelchair-bound and needed constant care and it was very difficult seeing him like that. I know he's in a better place now. We traveled to Southern California a few weeks ago for the memorial and just spent time with his mom and brothers. We will be returning to Cali in Feb as that is when the actual burial is (he was cremated but his final resting place will be at a cemetary). I worry about Steve's mom as she's all alone in their house. I think we have to revise some of our travel plans for 2020 so that we can spend more time with her.

On a brighter note, in 2020 so far we have 3 trips to Disney World plus 2 Disney Cruises planned!
Jan 17-22nd - We are staying at CBR, our first time there! My goal for this trip is to ride RotR! I hope we can go more than once but I guess that depends on my ability to wake up at some crazy hour. I really am not an early riser! Hope to see all my Disboard friends who are going during this time!
March 6-10th - a short trip for Flower and Garden. Staying at SSR using DVC points. I hope they have the gardening seminars this year as Steve was super into them! Def meeting up with @Lesley Wake who is currently on the NYE trip that we were supposed to be on but cancelled.
May 2-19th - our longest trip of the year, we will be traveling to Honolulu for 6 nights, including a split stay in Waikiki as well as Aulani in a DVC studio! Then we embark on a 10-night Hawaiian Islands cruise on the Disney Wonder, visiting Big Island, Maui, Kauai, and then 5 days at sea before debarking in Vancouver! We have our flights to HNL booked but no flight back home from Vancouver yet. The flights on the same day as debarkation are not that great. I plan on running into @Lesley Wake as we get off the ship and she gets on though (for her Alaska cruise)! (But we disembark super early and she probably won't board until later, LOL. Where are you staying in Vancouver Lesley? Maybe if we stay overnight we can try and meet!)
My AP expires in August, boo. Maybe a short weekend trip to WDW in the summer months will work for us.
Sept 25-30th - our second cruise, the 5-night Castaway Cay Double Dip on the Disney Fantasy! I also tacked on 3 nights before the cruise at the Poly but this is tentative. I am not sure I want to renew my AP that quickly. The only reason is because I'd prefer to start my new AP in November 2020 as this will cover our 2nd Epic Trip in Oct 2021! I'll have to think about this obviously to see if it makes sense depending on how much money I'd save by renewing right away. I also had hoped to do some other traveling in the future, but having an AP holds me back...it makes me want to spend every vacation at Disney World but there is a whole world waiting out there for us to explore too!
November 7-11 - our annual food and wine trip., booked at the Poly on points. Love coming during this time.

If anyone will be on any of those trips, please let me know, would love to say hi!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about Steve's dad. My condolences to both of you and his family.

You had some pretty epic travels in 2019 and it looks like 2020 is going to be even epic-er! That Hawaii trip in particular sounds aMAZing. And I totally get how you feel about wanting to spend every vacation at WDW 😂

I was so sorry to learn of Steve's dad's passing, Su-Lynn. And so shortly on the heels of your own dad :sad1: Not something you two want to have to share in common. Know I'm thinking of you all during this time and hoping for a great 2020 for you! Lots of Disney and traveling to look forward to!!! :lovestruc

So sorry to hear about Steve's dad. I will be thinking of you both.

And, may I say I am quite envious of all your trips! You are going to have a great 2020!

Hi Su-Lynn. So sorry to hear about Steve's dad. Please give Steve our condolences.

Jan 17-22nd - We are staying at CBR, our first time there! My goal for this trip is to ride RotR! I hope we can go more than once but I guess that depends on my ability to wake up at some crazy hour. I really am not an early riser! Hope to see all my Disboard friends who are going during this time!
Joe really wants to do this in January but it's a HARD no for me. There is no way I'm waking up that early to get a boarding group. Sleep is waaaaay too important to me on vaca. LOL!!!

March 6-10th - a short trip for Flower and Garden.
We will be there from March 6-7 (All Star Movies) and the 8th-11th (CSR/Toledo Tower). :P

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and happy new year!
Happy New Year, Sue-Lynn!
2019 was very healing for me
:hug:
We went to Disney World 5 times
whoa...
Unfortunately a few weeks ago in mid-December, Steve's dad passed away.
:(
I'm sorry to hear that. Please pass on my condolences to Steve.
On a brighter note, in 2020 so far we have 3 trips to Disney World plus 2 Disney Cruises planned!
Yay!
If anyone will be on any of those trips, please let me know, would love to say hi!
Doesn't look like it. At least not in the foreseeable future.

Please give Steve mine and Steve's sincere condolences, we both understand unfortunately losing ones father as you both now do ♥ My friend just lost her mom this morning to complications from the flu and one of my best friends' fathers is battling liver cancer and has really regressed over the last week. Not how one wants to end or begin a year xoxo

I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's dad. My condolences to you both.

Your 2020 trips sound great, especially Hawaii! A 10 night cruise! Wow!

A happy and healthy new year to you, Steve and your families!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Your travel plans for 2020 sound fantastic. I loved the Hawaiian cruise itinerary when it was announced; how amazing you guys are going on that! I can't wait to hear how it went.
Also, a double dip at Castaway?! :love:

Prayers for Steve’s family . I have lost my father too . Never easy losing a parent .
Your 2020 Plans look like great fun and adventure. I am most jealous of the Hawaiian cruise !

2019 def gave you both some challenges. I hope both of your families heal and find happiness in 2020!

The end of this EPIC TR is in sight!! Can't believe we are on our last offical EPIC day of the trip. But maybe that means I can start on some other much delayed TRs...and complete my other Feb TR!
Glad that I didn't fall too far behind.

Then we embark on a 10-night Hawaiian Islands cruise on the Disney Wonder, visiting Big Island, Maui, Kauai, and then 5 days at sea before debarking in Vancouver!
I can't wait to hear how you like this!!! I would love to do this.

Looks like we won't overlap with you on any trips in 2020. We are just planning the one in Feb and then wont be back until the Epic 2021 trip. The good news is that I've checked the points charts and we can get a 1 bedroom at BLT for just about 8 nights. I thought they might ramp up the points that weekend to Christmas or Easter levels, but they left them the same. I think they're called "Choice" but whatever. Its 33 for weeknights and 38 for weekends for a Lake view one bedroom. With our newly acquired BLT points we have 300 with banking and borrowing. That goes a long way, and with two bathrooms we can have Jill and Jenny crah on our couch!
So count us in for the second Epic girls trip. There are a bunch of us on the Community forum who are talking about it as well. PrincessInOz, and some others so it may get rather large. Especially with this lead time!

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Its never easy but especially not on the heels of your last year. Sending lots of love to you and Steve ❤

I do hear Disney is the best medicine though so it sounds like you've got that covered. We should overlap for a few days in November!!!! We are planning on heading down the first and coming back the 9th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!