We Are Family! 2018 All In The Family Vacation!

What condo resort are you staying in? I am searching as well for a large group :)

Looking forward to reading your pre-trip report

What condo resort are you staying in? I am searching as well for a large group :)

Looking forward to reading your pre-trip report

Hi jsanders82,

When are you planning your trip? In one of my previous post I listed the cost difference for us staying off site vs. onsite. I know so many encourage staying on Disney property but there was no way I could justify the cost in my mind and no way DH would have went for it. DS & DIL couldn't afford it and not been stressing every penny they spent while there. They seem pretty confident with everything right now.
Here is the link to condo we have rented https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3703842. It is in Legacy Dunes. We stayed there in 2013 in a 1 bedroom 1 bath rented from another lady. She had 2 condos at the time so I contacted her again when planning this year's trip but she had sold one. She gave me a couple of names of other owners she knew and we went with this one. I didn't think $1600 plus $150 refundable cleaning fee was a bad price for 15 night 4 bedroom 2 bath condo! The owner responds to the emails quickly and seems very friendly.

The complex is huge and gated, you have to have a key/card to get into the pools, workout/game room etc. Most condos I noticed last time have a keypad entrance and the drive through entrances have to have a code the first time and card from there on. Stores and restaurants are really close by.

We really liked our 2013 stay, it was on 2nd floor, could sit on balcony at night and see some of the Disney fireworks. It wasn't hard getting to any of the parks, beaches, etc. This condo is on the 1st floor. Just so you know there are 3 levels and no elevators.

Hope you will be doing a pre trip report! Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I will have to look into that resort. We are not staying onsite for the fact there will be about 13 people in our group. I got my Pre-trip report up - a little early but figured it is a great place to gather my thoughts.

Have a great trip :)

72 days!! Wow time has flown by! Well right or wrong, good or bad our days are planned out! The only uncertain is what day / time we are leaving! That will depend on DS work schedule for Thursday, June 14th. If he is off or gets off early we will leave that day, drive few hours then stop for night, leave the next morning, pick up DGD and finish trip to condo. Not including Thursday here is our schedule:
Friday, June 15th - travel day
Saturday, June 16th - Disney Springs late lunch/ early dinner @ T-Rex using Landry's card to get seated.
Sunday, June 17th - Sea World w/ all day dining and express pass & Dolphin Encounter
Monday, June 18th - Epcot
Tuesday, June 19th - Clearwater Beach book deep sea fishing, spend time at beach, shop
Wednesday, June 20 - Animal Kingdom
Thursday, June 21 - Magic Kingdom
Friday, June 22 - Gatorland / Condo swim. relax
Saturday, June 23 - Hollywood Studios
Sunday, June 24 - Universal Studios/ Island of Adventures
Monday, June 25 - DH's birthday, pick up cake, relax, Medieval Dinner Theater
Tuesday, June 26 - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday, June 27 - Daytona Beach
Thursday, June 28 - Deep Sea Fishing
Friday, June 29 - Shop, whatever day,
Saturday, June 30 - Travel home day

If DS, DIL & DGS decide to vacation the last week we are there I'm going to meet them on deep sea fishing day to keep DGS (he will be 6 months) so they can go fishing since it is DS 30th birthday. They have friends that have offered their vacation home for them to stay on the other side of Clearwater.

I've set my phone calendar for each 30 day park to book fastpasses and have a list for each park. It's getting real!!

Last edited:

Thanks for the information. I will have to look into that resort. We are not staying onsite for the fact there will be about 13 people in our group. I got my Pre-trip report up - a little early but figured it is a great place to gather my thoughts.

Have a great trip :)

Never too early to plan!! I'm following along on your report!

Not Disney related but it is vacation plans! All 4 kids and DIL are crazy about dolphins! We just purchased tickets for Dolphin Encounter @ Sea World. It's only 15 mins but you do get to feed and touch a dolphin. We aren't telling any of the kids until we are at Sea World. They are going to be super excited!

I'm trying to figure out our Epcot day, Monday, June 18th. Can't decide whether to fastpass Soaring or Test Track, thinking FP Test Track, head straight to Soaring at rope drop. What other 2 would be good FP's? My head hurts trying to figure all this out?

DIl and I have looked and have a couple of QS places that the kids will eat at, so think we are good on that.

Where/What is name of trying the different sodas/drinks that has the Beverly? Haven't told any of them about it, just want to take them there! :crazy2:

It is getting so close! I made a Nana only trip to Illinois this past weekend. Kept baby on Friday, met DS for lunch and just enjoyed my Nana & Greyson time! They have booked their vacation and unfortunately they couldn't manage the same time we are in FL. so they are going the end of July.

I have list everywhere!! Packing list, already have list, have to buy list, even a where I put it after I bought it list!!:tongue:

I'm working on our route to pick up DGD and condo from there currently.

How is everyone else doing?

35 days, 23 hrs 58 mins! But who's counting!!:tongue:

Time is really flying by! Still so much to do. This month is a busy month! I have already lined up guest pastors for the month of June & July. Have let them know I will be out of town 3 weeks so if they need anything I need to know by June 12th. Have each week's bulletins ready to print and will have to print checks for weeks I'm gone.

This Friday, May 11 is field day at DS11 school, so will be there all day, Next Friday, May 18 is their "Living Museum" He is General Robert E. Lee, found a complete costume to order, hated to pay the price but just didn't have the time to find everything to put one together. He has a field trip Wednesday, May 23 leaving school at 6am and we won't be back till 7pm. A 5th grade all day cook out day Friday, May 25, 5th grade graduation Tuesday, May 29 and last day of school is Wednesday, May 30.

DIL (33) and I are planning a shopping trip Sat. May 19 to get all the last minute odds & ends we need and some clothes shopping for us!

DS(29), DIL (29) and baby will be coming to visit Friday, May 25-Monday, May 28. DS is groomsman in wedding that Sat so they are leaving baby with us overnight! :love:. We are going to have a family get together that Sunday after church, still planning the menu!.

I have already packed our bag with beach towels, swimsuits, my cover up so it's ready to go! Have been buying health and beauty products (toothpaste, tooth brushes, shampoo, hairspray, etc. )when on sale/ have coupons so that bag is almost ready, will just have to add DH razor, hairdryer and my makeup bag the morning we leave.

Our first Disney day will be Epcot, Monday, June 18 so just waiting to try for fast passes.

Getting excited to get on the road!

Is there anyone out there????
Oh WOW, we leave in 29 days!! :yay::drive:Everyone is getting super excited!

DGS in Illinois was admitted to hospital last night, he is not gaining weight like he should and is still spitting up a lot after his feedings! (more like spewing every where). Ultrasound came back negative for any blockages, they are keeping him again tonight and are monitoring his feedings all day today. I hate we are 6 hours away but DS has said there is no need for me to come up, so we are staying in touch by text and calls.

As far as vacation plans we are leaving early am June 14th. I've mapped out our route, we will be driving to Richmond Hill, Georgia, spend the night there, drive the hour long trip to pick up DGD(10) at St. Simons, GA and then complete the almost 4 hr. drive to condo.

I believe I'm swapping a couple of days around since DS isn't coming from Illinois and we will deep sea fish on Tues. June 26 and go to MK on Thursday.

I can make our Epcot fp's this Saturday. Think we will try to make TT our tier one and rope drop Soaring, not really picky on the other 2 so will just see what's available!

Looking forward to DIL and I shopping this weekend, along with a friend's daughter's graduation party Sunday afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a magical day!

Your plans sound great! You'll be arriving on my wedding anniversary... We got married at the Poly back in 2001! I plan on being there for my 18th anniversary next year.

My son had his living wax museum project yesterday .... I was a little surprised because I thought it was a 5th grade thing and he's only in 2nd. He was Neil Armstrong.

Glad you're leaving so soon, have a fabulous time!

Your plans sound great! You'll be arriving on my wedding anniversary... We got married at the Poly back in 2001! I plan on being there for my 18th anniversary next year.

My son had his living wax museum project yesterday .... I was a little surprised because I thought it was a 5th grade thing and he's only in 2nd. He was Neil Armstrong.

Glad you're leaving so soon, have a fabulous time!

Happy Anniversary early since we will be busy that day. LOL!

Living Museum was neat. It's the first year he has done it. They didn't do it last year even though it was 4th & 5th grades this year.

Epcot FP's complete! Spaceship Earth was gone and I got on right at 7am! We have Living With the Earth @ 9:35-10:35, Test Track @ 10:50-11:50 and Journey Into Imagination with Figment @ 12:05-1:05. Our plan is to rope drop Soaring before our Living FP. Just checked and Spaceship and Journey are the only 2 with no FP available.

DIL & I went shopping today, didn't really find any clothes I liked. I got one outfit and so did she! It was nice just spending time together.

We have a graduation party to go to after church tomorrow. Will need to be up at 5:30 am Monday for AK fast passes, same on Tuesday for MK fast passes. Wednesday DS (11) and I have to be in the school gym by 5:30 am for his field trip to Chattanooga Aquarium, IMAX and Ruby Falls, won't be back till about 7pm. Thursday is normal day, Friday is 5:30 am Hollywood Studios FP, he has an all day 5th grade Fun in the Sun day with parents doing a cookout for them plus DS, DIL and DGS will be in late that night for the weekend! Saturday will be keeping DGS overnight while they go to wedding and preparing for family get together on Sunday after church. I'm going to prepare BBQ, hashbrown casserole, cole slaw, deviled eggs and green beans and some type of cake since DIL's bday is Memorial Day.

DS has 5th grade graduation on Tuesday night, May 29th with last day of school May 30th. He has dr. appointment June 7 @ 9am and dentist appointment June 8 @ 8:45am. Sometime before 8am on June 14th I have to finish getting him clothes, pack everything, do up all laundry and clean house, along with giving dog a trim & bath before dropping off at my in-laws as we leave town.

I'm exhausted just typing it out!!

I love the Chattanooga Aquarium ! I remember we stopped there on our Road Trip from Colorado, on our way to Disney to get hitched! That was 17 years ago, so I'm sure its changed by then. lol

8 days 20 hours 24 minutes before we are on the road!! :car:

Packing is well under way, still need to purchase DS some more shorts but other than that I think we are good!

DH was in a car wreck yesterday morning on his way to work. The lady just pulled out and hit him in the rear passenger side door! It was our old small car but he loves driving it! Pretty sure it will be totaled out, it was some major damage. Thankfully he is ok!

Just rearranged our 2nd MK fast passes to earlier times! :tink:

So ready to get on the road!!

8 days 20 hours 24 minutes before we are on the road!! :car:

Packing is well under way, still need to purchase DS some more shorts but other than that I think we are good!

DH was in a car wreck yesterday morning on his way to work. The lady just pulled out and hit him in the rear passenger side door! It was our old small car but he loves driving it! Pretty sure it will be totaled out, it was some major damage. Thankfully he is ok!

Just rearranged our 2nd MK fast passes to earlier times! :tink:

So ready to get on the road!!
I'm glad your husband is okay. I had a drunk ram into my car in front of my house the night before I was leaving for Disney. Wasn't ideal.

Did I read correctly on a previous post.... Space Ship Earth was out of FP's?

I'm glad your husband is okay. I had a drunk ram into my car in front of my house the night before I was leaving for Disney. Wasn't ideal.

Did I read correctly on a previous post.... Space Ship Earth was out of FP's?

Oh my, that's terrible. Glad no one was hurt in your accident. DH is just having the normal aches when in an accident. He saw the lady but thought she was waiting till he got by to pull out. Wrong, she came on out!

Yes Space Ship Earth has been out of FP since I booked our Epcot day. I have been checking everyday at least once, sometimes more and finally got one yesterday!!

Only 3 days before we are on the road!! :car: I'm not sure if I am ready or not! I'm at the point if it doesn't get packed and we need it guess we will have to go buy it!

I still have to get one more bag to complete kids goody bags! Going after work this afternoon. I have no idea if DH has enough clothes or not. He won't get them together for packing and I have had about all I can take of his attitude. I went yesterday and got DS(11) couple of more outfits and shoes. I swear that child is growing by leaps and bounds each day! He is breaking in the shoes today and will continue to do so all week!

Dinners this week will be slim, I refuse to go grocery shopping / cooking while trying to finish up laundry and cleaning house so we will come home with only suitcases and unpacking to do! Will be taking our dog to my in laws Wednesday night so I still have to pack for him! :dog2:

Our plan is to meet rest of family at 8am Thursday morning to have breakfast and then start our trip. We will be driving to Richmond Hill, GA to spend the night, breakfast at the hotel Friday morning, drive to St. Simons, GA to pick up DGD (10), maybe do the Lighthouse museum tour they have there, have lunch somewhere along the way and arrive at condo hopefully as close to 4pm check in as possible. Unpack, check out condo area, go stock up supplies and grab dinner somewhere. We will see how all my plans actually turn out soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter