We Broke All The Printers! - A Hurricane Dorian TR- Updated 10/26 *COMPLETE*

Excellent report on Galaxy’s Edge. Following along. I am about 35 minutes from MSP and am flying to MCO next month on Delta, also first class (I hate airports and love the priority treatment with lines).

It looks worth while to do the EMH at Hollywood! There is so much detail in Galaxy Edge!
It really is! I'm so glad we decided to skip sleeping and head to the parks 😁

Can’t wait to read the rest
:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Joining in . Nice surprise with 1st class. Can not wait to see SWGE for myself.
:welcome: I will never turn down a suprise first class ticket! SWGE really impressed me.

Enjoying the report so far.
:welcome: Thank you!

Excellent report on Galaxy’s Edge. Following along. I am about 35 minutes from MSP and am flying to MCO next month on Delta, also first class (I hate airports and love the priority treatment with lines).
:welcome: The special security lines are so nice. I'd recommend giving yourself extra time if you have a morning flight right now, I've heard the morning lines are still terrible

following along!
:welcome: Happy to have you along for the ride!

We also went to the milk stand and DC and I each got the blue milk with rum (because vacation). I’d heard mixed reviews on this but I really liked it! I’d like to try the boozy green milk too but I was feeling it was a little early in the morning for tequila lol!
netH5HV.jpg

I was nervous to try the milk too with all the mixed reviews I've heard/read. I also got the blue milk with rum and thought it was delicious! I'll definitely be trying the green milk with tequila on our next trip in December!

I was nervous to try the milk too with all the mixed reviews I've heard/read. I also got the blue milk with rum and thought it was delicious! I'll definitely be trying the green milk with tequila on our next trip in December!
I actually enjoy tequila drinks more than rum so I'm hoping it's just as good! I've also heard there's coconut in the drinks, which I despise, so I hope the alcohol covers it up!

Short life update- I've been offered a part time relief position at a veterinary clinic to cover a maternity leave for the next few months! I'm very excited but it's been over 5 years since I've worked with dogs and cats in this setting so I know there will be a learning curve. I'm still planning to finish this TR before my November trip but the updates might be slow. I'm also frustrated with Imgur because I uploaded all my photos for this TR so they won't be sideways and today Imgur scrambled the order of them >:(
Anywho, on with the update!

September 3rd continued...

We left Hollywood Studios and took a bus to Magic Kingdom. We had no trouble using our magicbands to enter the park and we grabbed some pictures of the Halloween decorations and almost empty streets.

Vg0TLHE.jpg
MnNKvf8.jpg
T4CXzMz.jpg

We had a Fastpass for Jungle Cruise so we headed into Adventureland and walked right on. There was no wait for standby either and our boat wasn’t full. I didn’t catch our Skipper’s name but he was amazing! His timing was perfect and he had jokes none of us had heard. I hope I get him again some day. We headed to our Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass next and also walked on. DC now decided that she was hungry after all but we decided to stop at Pirates of the Caribbean before picking a lunch spot. DC and DF decided Pecos Bill’s sounded good and I don’t mind the food so we walked back to Frontierland to eat. There was no line to order and over half the tables were empty. DC and I went for the fajita platters and DF got the chicken tacos and some churros. When we tried to use our dining plan, the CM told us we didn’t have one, even after Guest Relations assured us this morning that it would work, so we ended up paying out of pocket.I think the platters used to have chicken and shredded beef on them but now it’s chicken and pork. I wasn’t super impressed with my food but it was edible. I think we were all just hot and tired by this point and none of us ate much.
IZ7SALD.jpg

Our next stop was Haunted Mansion (walked on) and we tried to prepare for the new ride photo but none of them turned out. We took the short walk over to The Little Mermaid next (another walk on). We wanted to try some new rides this trip so we headed over to Storybook Circus and rode The Barnstormer. We really should have told them we were all riding individually but DC and I got crammed into one car together. Thank goodness it’s a short ride!

After exiting, we started wandering a bit and ended up in Fantasyland when another cloud opened up over us so we ran in to It’s a Small World to stay dryish. I don’t think any of us really enjoy this ride but we make sure to do it once a trip. We had one more Fastpass for Space Mountain so Tomorrowland was last. We had to stop at the loading area to wait for the train in front of us to go, which made this the longest wait of the day (besides Starbucks). We took a spin on the Peoplemover and Buzz Lightyear afterwards.

It was around 2pm when we finished and MK was closing at 3 due to Dorian, so we decided to head over to the Contemporary to see what was up with our room and our dining plan. We never did receive a room ready text. We walked over and joined the sizable line of people waiting to check in or deal with issues. The manager actually helped us out and said again that we weren’t checked in but she checked us in and found us a room right away. She also offered to have our lunch switched over to the dining plan but we had used a credit card and it wasn’t worth the hassle so we saved the QS credits (which turned out to be a good thing!). We had also gotten a poorly worded notice through MDX that something was changing with TS reservations that night and we had a 7:30 ADR at Chef Mickey’s, so we asked her if that was still ok and she said it would be totally fine. We grabbed our luggage from bell services and headed to room 4418 on the 8th floor. The room was very nice and had plenty of space. They had moved the balcony furniture inside the room for the night so that was a little awkward but understandable. The only thing we didn’t love was the bathroom. There are 2 big, flat sinks that take up almost the entire countertop with a long shelf underneath to put all our stuff. There’s also only 1 tiny shelf in the shower and the tub edges slope down so you can’t put anything there either. Not the end of the world but we are 3 girls with lots of stuff!
6SU5JjR.jpg
pwwuC6f.jpg
SonT8G2.jpg

We unpacked a bit and chilled in our room, then went down to get our refillable mugs and something to drink. We all showered and around 6 we got a text that our dinner ADR was cancelled and all TS restaurants at WDW were now closed. Um, what?! We grabbed MDX and found out Epcot would be open until 7 now and Disney Springs until 8 since Dorian was moving even more slowly than expected so we grabbed our shoes and headed to the buses ASAP to get somewhere to eat. The Disney Springs bus came quickly and we hopped on to see what we could find. Chicken Guy was the first QS restaurant we saw but the line was literally down the street so we kept going. We came across D-Luxe Burger next and the line was at least inside so in we went. It took about 30 minutes to get to the counter to order but at least our dining credits worked (yay spare QS credits!). We each got a burger and drink plus used a snack credit on fries. We had to stand around and wait for a table to open since everything was packed and then waited even longer for our food. 1 hour after getting in line we finally had our dinner. DC had a cheeseburger, DF went for the Southern Burger, and I went with the specialty Pizza Burger. We all loved our food!

Xw486Vk.jpg

We headed back to the hotel since everything was closed and it started to rain around 9:30 and it looked fairly windy out, but that was all we saw of Dorian. MDX stated that all the parks were planning to open at 9am the next day and we had Fastpasses at Epcot. DC also wanted to plan another TS meal since we hadn’t used our Chef Mickey’s credits, so we booked an early lunch at Garden Grill because we had a late dinner ADR at Teppan Edo already planned. Then we passed out for the night!

We took the short walk to the bus stop and walked right on to a waiting bus. No seats available but we didn’t mind standing since we weren’t tired yet.
Kind of crazy to think that you're on a Disney bus that is standing room only before 6 am...
She said we hadn’t checked in to our hotel yet (but we had online) and she checked us in and got our tickets working. We also asked if our dining plan was up and running as well and she assured us everything was good to go. She also said we would get our room ready text during the day too.
Gotta love the reliability of Disney IT.
DF gets motion sick and this ride didn’t work for her at all. She mostly stared at her console and didn’t look around. She was fine once it ended so at least it didn’t wreck her day!
Hmmm... this is what I'm afraid of. Some of the screen based attractions have this effect on me. Hopefully it doesn't bother me much. Some do, some don't. Glad it didn't bother her enough to ruin the day!
As we were loading in to our elevator, the mom told him it was just a screen ride like everything at Universal.
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
A few more Galaxy's Edge pictures, because I couldn't help myself!
Thanks!
I've been offered a part time relief position at a veterinary clinic to cover a maternity leave for the next few months! I'm very excited but it's been over 5 years since I've worked with dogs and cats in this setting so I know there will be a learning curve.
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be up to speed quickly!
After exiting, we started wandering a bit and ended up in Fantasyland when another cloud opened up over us so we ran in to It’s a Small World to stay dryish. I don’t think any of us really enjoy this ride but we make sure to do it once a trip.
::yes::
We had to stop at the loading area to wait for the train in front of us to go, which made this the longest wait of the day (besides Starbucks).
Really, this is pretty spectacular. I'd be perfectly fine with a 2 or 3 pm park close every day if you can manage to park hop and accomplish as much as you did with such minimal waits.
We unpacked a bit and chilled in our room, then went down to get our refillable mugs and something to drink. We all showered and around 6 we got a text that our dinner ADR was cancelled and all TS restaurants at WDW were now closed. Um, what?!
This just doesn't make sense. I mean, if there's a hurricane coming, wouldn't they want you to stay within the safety of your resort rather than venturing out in search of food?
DC also wanted to plan another TS meal since we hadn’t used our Chef Mickey’s credits, so we booked an early lunch at Garden Grill
Seems like a good trade to me!

September 4th

We got up around 8 or maybe a little after since we didn’t know if it would still be raining hard outside. We ate some snacks in our room and filled our refillable mugs for breakfast then caught the monorail to Epcot. We arrived shortly after 9 and the park had opened at 9. There was a ton of construction out front which was kind of a sad welcome to Epcot but I think it will all be worth it when it’s done.
UzoDk4t.jpg
IUvh6Ko.jpg

The sun was out and it was HOT. Like, I can’t breathe hot and humid. And I love hot and humid weather. We started walking towards Test Track and had planned to go single rider but as we got closer we thought it must be down because there was no one around it except a CM standing out front. She started waving us closer and I asked if it was running. She laughed and said go in, it was running but there was just no one there! DC and I built a horrible vehicle while DF took photographic evidence.

wS1Yxvw.jpg

We had a FP for Soarin next but it also only had a 5 minute wait and then we used a throw away FP for Figment. We had about 25 minutes until our Garden Grill ADR so we decided to try Spaceship Earth since it also had no wait. DC kept saying we were going to be late because the ride is SOOO long but I told her it would be fine. Of course, we ended up stuck on the ride back down for almost 10 minutes while CM’s kept going up and down the stairs next to us. The best laid plans…

We hustled over to Garden Grill and got there right on time (see, I told you), and there was almost no one at the restaurant. Our server was Jeff and he was super attentive. Our glasses never reached half empty! We enjoyed a leisurely lunch with Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto, while cooling off in the air conditioning. There’s nothing super remarkable about the food but I always enjoy my meals here.
nR5Rlyc.jpg
nm5jeCr.jpg

We used our last FP at Living with the Land while digesting all the food we ate and then headed back outside.
cz8NYpA.jpg

We stopped and each bought one of the Remy Food and Wine Passports to find all the hidden Remy’s around World Showcase and headed in to Mexico. We didn’t realize we were looking for Remy statues instead of Remy pictures at first so we messed up a few of our stickers. Oh well! All the Remy’s were moved inside because of Dorian so we got to enjoy a/c in each country!
vVknjyo.jpg

We also stopped in Mexico to ride Gran Fiesta Tour and in Norway for Frozen, which is one of DF’s favorites. I think we waited about 20 minutes for Frozen in standby. We stopped again in America and saw the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure- and I didn’t fall asleep this time! We were melting again by the time we got to France and since our dinner wasn’t until about 7:30, we stopped for ice cream. I had the apple cinnamon carmel crunch (or something like that) and it was amazing. I don’t eat much ice cream because it doesn’t sit well with me but this seemed necessary.
dkOAv1u.jpg

We were completely exhausted by the time we reached Canada and we camped out at an empty table in the shade. There was a little lizard running around near us and we could hear the MercyMe concert that was happening. We got some water from the fountain and just relaxed. DC was getting bad blisters from her shoes and we were all overheated and tired. Luckily there was no one else sitting in Canada and we could just recharge. Eventually we got up and stuck the last stickers on our Remy Passports and then headed over to redeem them for our mugs. DC got the Remy mug, DF chose Minnie, and I went with Mickey. They are super cute and fairly reasonable considering the passport was only $7.
qc83zkA.jpg

It was getting close to our dinner ADR so we caught the boat back to Morocco so we could walk to Teppan Edo. I think we checked in a little early but we were seated right away. DC and I have had dinner here before and it was very tasty but we had a lackluster chef. Our chef tonight was on his game and put on a great show! I had the chicken with udon and veggies, and a sochu with grapefruit to drink. I’d never had sochu before and it was a little odd to my tastes but I didn’t hate it. DC had the same with coke and DF had the chicken and shrimp with one of the mocktails. I also had the mango cake for dessert but I don't remember what everyone else ordered. All the food was great and we were stuffed!
LCVvIx5.jpg
wAxHLzR.jpg
3g1Qvxb.jpg
r8ip9R5.jpg

We slowly walked back to the monorail to head back to the hotel. About 1 stop later on the monorail I started having stomach issues. I have IBS and I know what to avoid but I think the heat, the ice cream from earlier, and then stuffing myself at dinner was just too much. I honestly thought I was going to have to get off at the Grand Floridian to use a bathroom but I made it back to the Contemporary and was very happy to see a bathroom right near the monorail exit. I know this is all TMI but as I was using the last stall in the restroom a CM kept coming and knocking to see if she could clean it yet to finish her shift. I mean, I understand wanting to go home but that stall was occupied! Trust me, I didn’t want to be there any more than she wanted me there! I filled my mug with some Powerade and headed to our room. We had thought about doing EMH at Magic Kingdom that night but DC’s feet were in bad shape, I was doing better but not great, and DF was just plain tired. DF decided to soak in the tub while DC and I caught up on email, texts, etc. We also switched around what parks we were doing some days since we’d gotten so much done already. Around 10:15 the Electrical Water Parade came by and we all sat on the balcony to watch. It was a fun end to the night!
EY7bI9T.jpg

Hopping aboard a little late. Enjoying reading your TR so far and looking forward to reading more. Hope you felt better after this night .

I love your view of the water parade! This is one of my favorite things, it is so Disney!
It sure looks like low crowds continue for you all!

Hopping aboard a little late. Enjoying reading your TR so far and looking forward to reading more. Hope you felt better after this night .
:welcome: Thanks for joining, you aren't late at all! Luckily I felt better fast!

I love your view of the water parade! This is one of my favorite things, it is so Disney!
It sure looks like low crowds continue for you all!
It was so cool to see from our balcony and it was so loud! We actually got a little annoyed with it a few nights later when we were already asleep when it came by.
The crowds were fantastic for a long time this trip!

How frustrating that your dining plan credits didn't work!

Amazing to see MK so empty. :love:

The Electrical Water Pageant from your balcony sounds like the perfect end to a night!

It does sound like you got a lot done today!

I love the water parade! It is so relaxing to watch from a resort balcony!

Following along! :wave:

:welcome: Welcome aboard!

Amazing to see MK so empty. :love:
This trip was like the holy grail of park crowds!

It does sound like you got a lot done today!

I love the water parade! It is so relaxing to watch from a resort balcony!
We are usually a go, go, go type of park people, although we did slow down a bit this trip. I had no idea what the water parade was before this night!

We started walking towards Test Track and had planned to go single rider but as we got closer we thought it must be down because there was no one around it except a CM standing out front. She started waving us closer and I asked if it was running. She laughed and said go in, it was running but there was just no one there!
No... you're ruining my illusions about this ride. It is ALWAYS closed at rope drop.
We had a FP for Soarin next but it also only had a 5 minute wait and then we used a throw away FP for Figment. We had about 25 minutes until our Garden Grill ADR so we decided to try Spaceship Earth since it also had no wait. DC kept saying we were going to be late because the ride is SOOO long but I told her it would be fine. Of course, we ended up stuck on the ride back down for almost 10 minutes while CM’s kept going up and down the stairs next to us. The best laid plans…
I'm glad you made it, but they seem to be pretty reasonable about things like this. It happens...
I think we waited about 20 minutes for Frozen in standby.
Mental note - Need to go do Disney World during a hurricane.
CM kept coming and knocking to see if she could clean it yet to finish her shift. I mean, I understand wanting to go home but that stall was occupied! Trust me, I didn’t want to be there any more than she wanted me there!
That really is frustrating and not very good from a guest service standpoint. I'm glad it didn't ruin your evening too much though that you weren't feeling well.

No... you're ruining my illusions about this ride. It is ALWAYS closed at rope drop.
Right?! And it had rained a LOT overnight, I just assumed it was down!

Mental note - Need to go do Disney World during a hurricane.
But only if it's a false alarm hurricane 😆

That really is frustrating and not very good from a guest service standpoint. I'm glad it didn't ruin your evening too much though that you weren't feeling well.
It was a little annoying but I'm sure her job isn't the greatest overall either. Definitely didn't destroy my evening, at this point issues like this are just part of my life!

September 5th

This was originally going to be a full day at Hollywood Studios but since we’d had such good luck at EEMH on our first day we decided to do it again and then hop to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon. AK is my favorite and we were only going to go once this trip otherwise. We got up around 6:15 and arrived at HS around 7. We had a bus all to ourselves today!
8mj5Tmq.jpg

We headed to Tower of Terror first and then Rockin’ Roller Coaster next. There were only 2 other rows filled in our limousine. The wait times were very low again!
vcyPSZ3.jpg

We decided to go in to Toy Story Land before the sun was any hotter and we did Slinky Dog Dash with about a 10 minute wait. We grabbed some waters at Woody’s Lunchbox and sat under one of the umbrellas for a little bit. Once we were rehydrated, we headed in to Toy Story Mania and walked on. We all improved our scores but they still weren’t great. It was 9am now and a lot of people were walking in to TSL so we caught the first showing of Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

59zhGaY.jpg

The little girl sitting farther down our row was really in to this show and it was super cute. Our Tower of Terror FP was active next so off we went and then DC and I used our Star Tours FP’s since it makes DF sick. It was dead in the Star Tours line and only 6 other people rode in our transport. Neither of us got to be the rebel spy though.

We had a lunch ADR at Sci Fi but we were starving about 45 minutes before our time so we walked over to see how busy it was. They seated us immediately lol. I went with the chicken pasta and a classic margarita, DC got the BBQ burger without the onions and jalapenos and the boozy Oreo shake, and DF got the falafel burger. I thought my pasta was better than the burgers I’ve had there before and I was also eating carefully today just in case I hadn’t recovered completely yet. I got the donut without ice cream for dessert and I don't remember what everyone else had. Enjoy these super dark pictures of my food!
xVnLrle.jpg
q0stKlY.jpg
Acc28dy.jpg

We moved up our Muppets FP during lunch and headed directly there. We missed the preshow but got great seats right in the middle. We stopped in the gift shop afterwards so DF could do some shopping since she’s a big Muppets fan. DC also stopped at the ticket kiosk to upgrade her tickets to an AP since we are going back in April!

Having done everything we wanted to do at HS, we walked to the buses to go to Animal Kingdom and ended up waiting over 30 minutes for a bus. An AK bus even drove past us without stopping. We grabbed a Dinosaur FP first and had a fun trip back in time. I really like this ride and it turned out this would be my only chance to ride it. DC and DF wanted to stop in the shade by the dinosaur fountain for a bit since DF was hot and DC’s feet were still bad. It was also hotter than the surface of the sun!
SslmrOW.jpg

Eventually we walked towards Everest and got a FP to ride. I was thrilled because this is my favorite ride but everyone else was getting crabby.

6F14Vr4.jpg

We got more water afterwards and sat in the Rivers of Light arena to drink. I don’t know why they wanted to sit there because it was directly in the the sun. DC wanted to see the Nemo musical next so we walked back that way. It’s a cute show but the seats are super uncomfortable.
xIcOIAI.jpg

We got more water after the show and they didn’t want to walk anywhere else in the park that day :( There were tons of Fastpasses left but we headed back to the hotel.

It was around 4:30 when we got back and we spent about an hour relaxing in our room. The plan was to go to Disney Springs to do a little shopping and grab dinner tonight so we headed back out once we got hungry. We decided on Earl of Sandwich for dinner, which was excellent as always. I had a the Full Montague and really enjoyed it.
Up9ubfC.jpg

I bought a couple shirts at the Star Wars store and DC and DF also bought some goodies. DC wanted to go to the Sanuk store to get a more comfortable pair of shoes but she decided it was too far away. We all went back to the Contemporary to shower and prepare for the next day, which was our full day at Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts