We Call It Imagineering | Audio-Animatronics. First Look at Tiana's Bayou animatronics

Apologies if these photos are really large but someone on WDWMagic posted stills of some of the animatronics.

Also found this video by DrewDisneyDude that shows off other stuff that is not in OP's video.

Attachments

• r45tyuytwqwertyuytrewq.jpg
    r45tyuytwqwertyuytrewq.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 13
  • wsertyuytrewqwertyuytrewq (1).jpg
    wsertyuytrewqwertyuytrewq (1).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
  • trewqwertyuytrewqwertyu.jpg
    trewqwertyuytrewqwertyu.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 15
I know this is more of a kid friendly ride and I'm sure it will be great but they are really missing a great opportunity to put some of the voodoo elements of Dr. Facilier in this ride. I get the storyline is after the movie but having some hint of danger lurking with some great animatronics seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm holding out some hope that maybe there's a reveal of that which Disney is holding back.

I know this is more of a kid friendly ride and I'm sure it will be great but they are really missing a great opportunity to put some of the voodoo elements of Dr. Facilier in this ride. I get the storyline is after the movie but having some hint of danger lurking with some great animatronics seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm holding out some hope that maybe there's a reveal of that which Disney is holding back.
Agreed! Especially leading up to the big drop and on the lift hill, it would work well there.

I am also hoping that we see Princess Tiana in her princess dress too. I love seeing her in her dress and I hope at some point in the ride we see that. (Haven’t had time to watch the video yet…not sure if they show her in her dress)

Last edited:

Its insane with Projection Mapping....that's not the end lift hill

Would have been the one area they could have improved from the last ride

Anyway, the new AA look amazing and sure it will be a good time...just not sure if it will still be my favorite ride but we will find out in a few months

I still wish they had done Tiana's original story instead of a new one, tho I get why they did. We're missing out on both Dr. Facilier and some super cool neon "friends" and on that gorgeous transformation scene for Tiana's green dress.

Agreed! Especially leading up to the big drop and on the lift hill, it would work well there.

I am also hoping that we see Princess Tiana in her princess dress too. I love seeing her in her dress and I hope at some point in the ride we see that. (Haven’t had time to watch the video yet…not sure if they show her in her dress)
So far it's just her new outfit.

I still wish they had done Tiana's original story instead of a new one, tho I get why they did. We're missing out on both Dr. Facilier and some super cool neon "friends" and on that gorgeous transformation scene for Tiana's green dress.
I agree. I'm not a hater of this retheme but Dr. Facilier being omitted is something I don't particularly care for. It would've fit the ride layout and would've been cool to have Friends on the Other Side play during the final lift hill.

Isn't this ride based off of the new Tiana show that is coming to Disney+? That explains why she has a new outfit.

I agree. I'm not a hater of this retheme but Dr. Facilier being omitted is something I don't particularly care for. It would've fit the ride layout and would've been cool to have Friends on the Other Side play during the final lift hill.

Isn't this ride based off of the new Tiana show that is coming to Disney+? That explains why she has a new outfit.
Had no idea there is a show coming out!

I mean, if anything to hear Keith David's amazing voice!

I wonder if that show is going to morph into a movie like Moana did?

A green dress maybe. That's not either of her movie dresses. The "princess" one is strapless and the end-of-movie one has a shawl.
Just googled what her dress looks like and you're correct. I'll still take it as a win. It's something, I guess?

A green dress maybe. That's not either of her movie dresses. The "princess" one is strapless and the end-of-movie one has a shawl.
I’m guessing they can’t do a strapless dress due to how the animatronic is made? Maybe this dress on Twitter is a compromise since it looks like it has 3/4 length sleeves?

I’m not sure though because they have an Ariel animatronic that is sleeveless…Hmmm🤔

Yeah Green Dress will most likely be at the end of the ride

The ride while still a thrill ride is being aimed at a certain audience and for sure would not miss a chance to sell that dress to little girls

I’m guessing they can’t do a strapless dress due to how the animatronic is made? Maybe this dress on Twitter is a compromise since it looks like it has 3/4 length sleeves?

I’m not sure though because they have an Ariel animatronic that is sleeveless…Hmmm🤔
I honestly would place my bets on it not being in the ride at all. The videos show her in a fancy white/yellow dress in a hat and a parasol and she is standing near a fancy Lottie too. I would bet that is the end-of-ride outfit. Maybe a celebration of how well her new company is doing.

Since this is the future it would make no sense for her to even still have a dress that was made out of leaves and flowers (no matter how magical it was). Specially because it's the only poofy-princess dress she has ever worn in any media I can think of (movie, books, parks, dolls, assorted merch). All the other times she is in era appropriate outfits.

Still, it would be nice is she wore something that alluded to it. That one in the screenshot looks like it has a lot of detailing and beading.

(Can you tell I love Tiana??)

1712257530763.png1712257560445.png1712257599807.png1712257664300.png 1712257767856.png1712257986444.png1712258028404.png

Attachments

• 1712257696229.png
    1712257696229.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 7
I LOVED Splash and I was very annoyed and sad about this changeover. But wow... seeing the Louis animatronic (and others) has gotten me hyped up for this!

WDW hasn't gotten a firm opening date yet, right? I keep wondering when it will open for us. I know they said late 2024...but that could even be the last few days of December :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter