We ended up choosing AKL now info needed

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
I posted a poll trying to choose between a 1 bedroom value at AkL and Cabin at FW. Then I thought about SSR 1 bedroom, Disney does make it hard to choose because all their resorts are so amazing.
Ended up with a HA room, savannah view with 1K and 1Q, we will have 2 boys ages 9 1/2 and 12.
Is there tours we should do at AKL? Anything else we must do? We will take time to enjoy the resort, I can no longer go nonstop, to exhausting on my body, part of the reason I choose AKL, looks like there is plenty for the boys to do while I rest up.
TIA and 217 more days to go!!

I posted a poll trying to choose between a 1 bedroom value at AkL and Cabin at FW. Then I thought about SSR 1 bedroom, Disney does make it hard to choose because all their resorts are so amazing.
Ended up with a HA room, savannah view with 1K and 1Q, we will have 2 boys ages 9 1/2 and 12.
Is there tours we should do at AKL? Anything else we must do? We will take time to enjoy the resort, I can no longer go nonstop, to exhausting on my body, part of the reason I choose AKL, looks like there is plenty for the boys to do while I rest up.
TIA and 217 more days to go!!
Congrats on your choice...As you said, it truly is a hard decision to make, for there are so many factors to choose from.
AKL/V though is the one that actually makes you feel like you're on a vacation from a vacation...* (If that makes any sense) It does give you that feel when there, but not so over the top. It's very tranquil & serene, and they have some of (if not) the BEST CM's out of any resort. So willing to share their knowledge of their specific countries. BTW, in case you were unaware, you can utilize both buildings depending on which one you are staying at.. I do recommend going to both and enjoying the amenities at each....Both have great pools...Different but equally impressive. Jambo has 2 TS restaurants & 1 QS. That being the MARA* (AWESOME) the buffet (Boma) is pobably the best buffet or at least top 2 or 3 on Disney property, and Jiko (Higher end) Never seems to disappoint...It's always rated as one of the BEST dining experiences out of all on prop. Over at Kidani they only have Sanaa...This is a unique dining experience where the adventurous eaters shine...Along with eating inside with a perfect view of the savannah while the animals eat, is an experience in it's own...Some great wines too.:thumbsup2:drinking1
There's always something happening around arusha rock, from stories to S'Mores, to campfires..And near the pool you can even use night vision goggles to view the animals too. There's movies under the stars ( also near the pool ) unless that's changed. The rooms were recently updated, so not as dark and drab and tastefully done. The bus service has always been pretty good here as well.Being that you're further away then most resorts, (Except from AK) the ride tends to be a lil more than the norm, but never more than 20 or so mins. to MK. Maybe 5 to AK, 8 or so to HS, and 10 or 11 to EPCOT... ENJOY!!!

You've made a good choice! Our family loves it at AKL. Here is a link to their January activity guide just to give you some idea of what is typically going on around the resort: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

You'll notice some of the activities are "bead" activities. The boys may enjoy this, as they earn a bead for each one of these they participate in, and the beads are added to a bracelet. I also recommend the culinary tour. I did this alone one trip while the wife and kids were enjoying the pool. I ended up being the only person, but the cultural cast member was happy to show me around the restaurants and explain what all of the decor was inspired by and to share his own stories of life in his native country.

We enjoyed the Culinary Tour, night time Animal viewing with night vision scope, and the evening Cultural Safari in the Sunset room off the lobby. Very interesting and well done.

We just booked Kidani - looking forward to it so much! Any suggestions on floors and room numbers? We have a Savannah room booked! My grandsons are 6 and 8 - they are so excited!!! We will be there 3/26 - 31

The "African inspired, Disney designed" afternoon tour at kidani was good - I was the only person the day I went - you learn a lot about the art and artifacts in the resort, and there were 2 CM's doing the tour, it was really fun to talk with them 0 it was very informal, but very informative.

Spend time watching the animals. There are plenty of places to view them. Depending on your boys there should be plenty for them between the pool and other activities. My daughter played Mancala with a CM in the lobby one evening. As far as meals, we ate Sanaa and the Mara. Sanaa was wonderful - get the Naan bread. The Mara was fine as well as a QS.

You'll notice some of the activities are "bead" activities. The boys may enjoy this, as they earn a bead for each one of these they participate in, and the beads are added to a bracelet. I also recommend the culinary tour. I did this alone one trip while the wife and kids were enjoying the pool. I ended up being the only person, but the cultural cast member was happy to show me around the restaurants and explain what all of the decor was inspired by and to share his own stories of life in his native country.

Does anyone have a photo of what the beads look like. I know our daughter would love to do this!

Thanks!
~D

After much debate and back and forth my family of 4 w. DS 14 and DD 11 booked a 1 BR at Kidani. Price wise renting points here worked out and with 2 baths this seemed like a good choice for us.

As a foodie I’m really looking forward to dining here too

Just got back from a 16 night trip (11 nights at AKL)...The Starlight Safari was amazing and Sanaa and Jiko were fabulous. We ate at Sanaa twice and if we had just one more night, we would've done Jiko a second time. Amazing service. AKL is our #1 now (and btw, we stayed at the Poly for the first 5 nights and AKL was still the best, hands down).

We stayed at Kidani for Christmas. Eat at Boma. Play with the kids at the pool water park. And as suggested, sit on your balcony and watch the animals, it's very relaxing. I would suggest floor 3 or higher at least at Kidani. We were on the second floor which is the same level as the lobby. What we didn't know is around 5:30 am every morning there were deliveries in the area below us. Sounded like very large containers being rolled across a tile floor.

The upside was we were always up for magic hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter