We Had To Change Our Dates For Dl!!! :(

Princess_Katie006

Earning My Ears
Saturday October 8th is the only day my uncle Don could go, that might even change but that's the date we have right now. Do you think it's going to be packed? Goodness I hope not. :guilty:

jencav5 said:
October is a great time to go, even on the weekend! It will be fine! :)

Are you sure? Because I want this to be special this will be our first time in ten years going to disneyland as one big family you know? our last family get together at disneyland before my cousin and I graduate. You really think it will be fine?

Get there early! The park will probably open at 8:00 a.m. and try (very hard!) to be in line by 7:30. Head straight to Fantasyland, you will be amazed at how nice and low key it is that early and how packed it gets later in the day. Also utilize fastpass and get a spot for the parade and fireworks early. The good thing about a Saturday is that they will have long hours and fireworks which are spectacular. I might suggest having a nice lunch at Blue Bayou. Its Disneyland's only sit down restuarant and very unique. You will have a lot of fun I promise. Saturday's are crazy but that is a great time of year to go!

Oh thank you guys so much!!!! I appreciate it. You know I just want this to be a special time for us and I really appreciate all of the help from you guys. Next I'll be asking for help for Grad Nite!!!! lol Thanks again.

tinknsnow said:
Well my family of five will be there then... :cool1:

awesome! we're hoping that we'll have seven there. Hopefully. lol. That's not even half of the family but everyone is so busy. Maybe we'll see you there. :)

unclescroogefan said:
Isnt that a holiday weekend?

Columbus Day is on the Monday, but schools aren't out for that, and I don't think many people get off work for it.

A Saturday in October will not be like a Saturday in July or August, and it will definately not be like a Saturday in mid-late December (the busiest). It is the 50th, and, as such, may be a little more crowded than usual, but I don't think you have anything to worry about! As a previous poster said, getting there early will be your best bet if it is busy. We won't be there that day, but we are going on Oct 1-2, the weekend before! :)

Our school is out for Colombus Day. I think it is considered a hoiday weekend. That's why we chose to go the following weekend. HTH!

moniquem said:
Our school is out for Colombus Day. I think it is considered a hoiday weekend. That's why we chose to go the following weekend. HTH!

That's interesting. I see you're also in Northern CA. We are not out for it. I thought it was just a bank holiday. I guess some people do get it. It's not a major holiday, though, like Presidents Day, where everyone is off. I wouldn't think it would be like a major holiday weekend at DL. :)

The park shouldn't be crowded. The fastpass machines really help if you are worried about long lines. There are fastpass machines located next to the entrance of each ride. All you do is stick your ticket into the slot and it will tell you to return between say 11am-12pm (example). Let's say you want to fastpass another ride to go on afterwards, just wait until the time your first one starts (which would be 11am) and you can get another fastpass ticket for a different ride and etc. Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Saturdays are always the busiest days of the week, plus it is a Saturday of a holiday weekend, but it will not be anything like a Saturday in the summer! Also, where I live in Northern CA all the year round schools are off the first two full weeks in October and I know a lot of people go to DL at that time. Might be like that in other areas too!

It still won't be like summer, but I suspect that since it is a 3 day weekend for a lot of people it may be pretty busy.

jencav5 said:
That's interesting. I see you're also in Northern CA. We are not out for it. I thought it was just a bank holiday. I guess some people do get it. It's not a major holiday, though, like Presidents Day, where everyone is off. I wouldn't think it would be like a major holiday weekend at DL. :)
We aren't either and we're so cal.

Hello,

Although it won't be as bad as during the Summer - it will be crowded. Since May when they started the Birthday celebration, the park has been crazy busy! Plan to start early and definitely use the fast pass option.

Some schools in the area here are out that Monday for Columbus Day but not all of them.

We stop by most weekends and this year has been busier then any other time I can remember.

No matter what - you will have a great time! To make it special - you may want to look at doing special things while you are here as in the Fantasmic Balcony Seating or eating at Blue Bayou.

Have a magical time!

Princess_Katie006 said:
awesome! we're hoping that we'll have seven there. Hopefully. lol. That's not even half of the family but everyone is so busy. Maybe we'll see you there. :)

We just got back from a 5 day trip and we had a group of 20. We thought the Sat and Sun would be horrendous, but they were surprisingly light. Keep your sense of humor, and don't sweat the small stuff. Just remember that a bad day at Disneyland is better than the best day anywhere else. Smile to the CM's, too. They really work hard! :love:

Glynis said:
We just got back from a 5 day trip and we had a group of 20. We thought the Sat and Sun would be horrendous, but they were surprisingly light. Keep your sense of humor, and don't sweat the small stuff. Just remember that a bad day at Disneyland is better than the best day anywhere else. Smile to the CM's, too. They really work hard! :love:
Awesome!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter