We just bought out first Contract

We bought direct point at Copper Creek 155 Points with a Dec Use year. We had the following trips come out of the blue:

• Sept 1 to 9th Disney World – Booked before Purchase
  • Nov 15th to 19th – Work trip to Orlando: needed tickets
  • Thanksgiving Trip to Disney land Paris – Booked before Purchase
  • Feb 22 to Mar 2 Disney World and Disney Cruise: Cruise Booked, needed rooms and tickets
  • April 2 to 6th Disneyland: nothing booked

Was going to buy resale but the long closing time would have meant Really short booking window for Feb trip and missing the 7mth window for CA trip in Apr. Direct purchase of Riviera was out because the resale restriction. I had basically just decided to pay cash.

I was just returning a call to DVC to tell them I was going to buy. My host (Is that what we call them?) Told me about to option to buy 2018 points and made the Feb registration for me manually banking my points after banking deadline, by buying direct I got may points day I play my down payment, got a point discount that is no longer available, great finance rate while I moved the parts around to pay cash and really work with me to leverage perks and discount to save across all the trips: like upgrading my ticket from Sept trip to an annual pass with DVC discount.

As you can imagine with the Hurricane, moving thing around to get discounts and trying to get into a studio at the Grand Cal at the 7 month window, I has been a been a steep learning curve.

Long story short: We are very happy to be DVC members. We are happy we waited till the right deal came along. It was worth it for us to pay the $40 per point.

Hope this wasn’t too long and in the right forum.

Moose

Congratulations and "Welcome Home"! I'm sure you will have many years of Disney magic ahead. pixiedust:

Enjoy Disneyland Paris, my husband and I were there in 2013 and had a great time. :thumbsup2

Woohoo! Congrats and welcome home! Have a magical time in the next 6 to 8 months with all those wonderful trips!!!

Congratulations!

(And just to be certain that you are aware that you could buy points at any resort direct? Sometimes people aren't always aware and guides don't always share that information. There are a few that cost less than CCV. For example AKV is $176/pt or extended OKW is $156/pt. If CCV is where you want most to stay then all is good!)

Copper Creek can make sense direct and you hitting these trips and banking and also getting the points with pro rata dues makes sense.
However if you are buying say Beach Club, Saratoga etc, that premium paid makes much less sense.
Congratulations on your purchase, I am sure you will enjoy it. Do consider renting out your points though and paying cash if using DVC points for non DVC resorts as you can literally save thousands. I have seen calculations in the past for example that a DVC point can be worth $7 a point on a cruise whereas it’s often worth $20+ for using at a DVC resort. You can rent those points easy through a points rental agency at $14+ and they will go almost immediately with virtually zero effort on your part, the money being paid into PayPal.

Welcome Home!!!! The best part of DVC is the happiness waiting for you in years to come ❤

Congratulations! May have spent a little more but sounds like a great decision. Enjoy all those vacations!

Maybe you know it but CCV is $210/pt direct.
Wow wow wow!!!

Welcome to DVC and many magical family memories throughout the years!!!

Ok OP in your post u mentioned about buying direct Riviera out of question because of resale restriction?
What does that mean?
How much is Riviera?
Thanks
Kerri

Congrats on becoming a member and welcome home! CCV is a fantastic resort. You have some amazing trips planned. Enjoy many years of DVC vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!