We just discovered that we are not a "mod" family

Anniefrances

Mouseketeer
Now that my kids are older (no stroller!) we usually stay in a value, sometimes switching to a deluxe at the end of the trip. But with the steeply discounted rate and the added gift card incentive, I booked us at CBR this time for the first part of our trip. Much to my surprise, we don't care for it, and it has nothing to do with the construction or limited food options! My kids miss the layout of the values, in which everything feels much more compact that this sprawling set up at CBR. TBH, I miss it too! Anyway, we are just not getting the appeal and can't wait to move over to AKL. In the meantime, I checked into moving us to Sports, but we would actually end up paying more due to losing the gift card and paying rack rate. So of course we are staying put, but missing our "home" resort, despite its brick-like double beds, chaotic vibe, etc, lol. So the morale of this story is that if you have a "home" resort don't feel bad about sticking with it, even if a great deal becomes available when you are booking.

Now that my kids are older (no stroller!) we usually stay in a value, sometimes switching to a deluxe at the end of the trip. But with the steeply discounted rate and the added gift card incentive, I booked us at CBR this time for the first part of our trip. Much to my surprise, we don't care for it, and it has nothing to do with the construction or limited food options! My kids miss the layout of the values, in which everything feels much more compact that this sprawling set up at CBR. TBH, I miss it too! Anyway, we are just not getting the appeal and can't wait to move over to AKL. In the meantime, I checked into moving us to Sports, but we would actually end up paying more due to losing the gift card and paying rack rate. So of course we are staying put, but missing our "home" resort, despite its brick-like double beds, chaotic vibe, etc, lol. So the morale of this story is that if you have a "home" resort don't feel bad about sticking with it, even if a great deal becomes available when you are booking.

We discovered we are not a mod family when we stayed at POR. We really disliked it after starting out at POP and wanted to go back. The only plus for us were the beds. I would try another mod if that was all that's available, but I would rather stay deluxe or POP.

I preferred AoA to CBR as well, especially the bus system. I also liked the Nemo pool better than the pirate pool at CBR. Those puddles while on line for the waterslide weren't doing it for me.

I've stayed at all of the Mods except the Cabins, and CBR was far and away my least favorite. If that is the only one you have tried when you are feeling adventurous try POFQ. It is very compact and has a more relaxed feel to it than the Values. And you get the moderate perks of seating at the resort bus stops, queen beds, and a themed pool with slide and hot tub. And a boat to take you to Disney Springs.

We spent the first night at ASMo and the next seven at CSR last trip, and my kids said several times they wished we would have stayed at ASMo--they were 15 and 13.

I think we have found our "home" resort....POFQ. We used to take the kids to Riverside and we've tried AKL, POLY, Grand Floridian and a couple of others but the size and distance from the crowds is what we like. We spend 90% of our trip there and some times top off our vacation at AKL.

CBR was one of WDW's first moderate resorts (if not the first). We stayed there a few times before we became DVC members. But we also stayed at both POR and POFQ and really liked both of them. They all have something different to offer. POFQ in particular is quite compact and great for those who don't like to walk long distances just to get to their room (POR is a lovely, though sprawling, resort).

We consider ourselves a happy value family too. But if you like compact, you might want to consider POFQ before you rule out moderates completely.
Hmmm - I didn't realize that POFQ is more compact. We had looked only at the resort maps for CBR and CSR, so this is good to know. Thanks for the tip!

We discovered we are not a mod family when we stayed at POR. We really disliked it after starting out at POP and wanted to go back. The only plus for us were the beds. I would try another mod if that was all that's available, but I would rather stay deluxe or POP.
Yeah, I must say that I'm loving the beds - queen size and super comfy. My kids also appreciate the queen since they are sharing.

I think we have found our "home" resort....POFQ. We used to take the kids to Riverside and we've tried AKL, POLY, Grand Floridian and a couple of others but the size and distance from the crowds is what we like. We spend 90% of our trip there and some times top off our vacation at AKL.
Between you, Beccasmom, and Disneylover99 I'm on board to consider POFQ for a future trip. We upgraded to AP so maybe I'll book us there for a shorter visit to try it out.

We are also super excited over AKL! We stayed there just one night a few years ago but that was only because one of my kids and I were not feeling great, so I wanted to have a comfortable room to rest before the drive back. Plus having the balcony kept my other kid occupied with animal watching while his brother and I napped.

And now Pop has queens (or will once all the renos are done) so even better!

My family loved the All Star resorts! We love the the fact that it's compact and easy to get to the food court, game room, pools, and busses. I went on a quick trip in April and stayed at POFQ with my mom and oldest DD. We loved POFQ as well! CBR and CSR never appealed to me just because of the size and price.

CBR is generally the least liked Moderate, so I wouldn't judge the category based on that alone. I really like CSR, but I don't think it would suit your family due to its size. As others have mentioned, POFQ is a very compact resort, while still keeping some of the upgraded amenities. It wasn't my favorite due to the theme, but it's a pretty resort.

We've stayed at all the Mods, and CBR was our least favorite by a mile. POFQ was our favorite mod - we liked that it was so small and no room was very far away from the pool or food court.

We didn't care for CBR either.

And while we enjoyed our brief three night stay at POR pre-cruise I am happy to report we are a value family through and through. Every time we try a different resort we wish we were back at Pop. So now we don't even bother straying.

BUT if I had to choose a mod it would most definitely be POR/FQ.

POFQ was much smaller than ASMusic and Pop in my opinion. WAY less walking to/from the buses, food court, and pool. It was awesome!

You may enjoy POFQ if compact is what you prefer. CBR happens to be one of my absolute favorite resorts and part of that is because it's so spread out. You rarely see many people outside of the food courts, pool and bus stop and even at the stops, because there are several, it's never as crowded as the values. I love that quiet secluded feel. The resort is a vacation in and off itself and for us, a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!