We Knew It Was Coming . . .

For anyone who still might be interested...

I emailed WDW guest relations to voice my displeasure about this a little while back when we first started hearing about this. I just this afternoon received this reply (attaching a file from my phone, not sure how exactly it will appear here).

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 83
Thinking it over......I cant imagine ANY scenario where a character wiill refuse to sign if asked. Maybe theyre hoping it will cut time as some ppl will be satisfied with the cards, but I cant believe theyll say no to ppl who still ask - and the little kids with the custom made autograph books that was made specially made 6 months ago, who are SO excited for the characters to sign their books. Theres no way Disney would stoop that low, IMO.

And i totally forgot til DD reminded me - we did get the presigned card at H+V.......we threw it away and still got her book signed. It didnt even occur to us that the card was supposed to replace the autographs.
We went to CP in August and the characters did just that. My DD and DS had autograph books, and tried to hand them to the characters, and the characters pointed to the cards and basically refused to sign. We didn't know anything about this when we went so it was confusing at first and then they just gave up after awhile.
It was not a great experience and we will not go back. It's too bad because it was the last time we will be there with their grandparents and it wasn't a very good memory to have

I emailed WDW guest relations to voice my displeasure about this a little while back when we first started hearing about this. I just this afternoon received this reply (attaching a file from my phone, not sure how exactly it will appear here).

so....the not signing is over now? back to signing?

I read on another Disney site that the cards were a colossal fail.

I read on another Disney site that the cards were a colossal fail.
I hope so. My kids are older now, but when my 18 year old was little he was painfully shy. He desperately wanted to meet the characters, but was afraid to speak to them. The autograph books gave him a reason to interact with the characters. They didn't interfere with our photos, they were the reason we were able to get them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!