We live in the golden age of cereal!

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
There were some amazing new Post cereal flavors at Walmart tonight.

This one had the greatest visual appeal to me.

IMG_9927.png

I am glad I am an adult and can just buy and eat what I want. I did not need to throw a hissy fit to get my parents to buy this amazing product for me!

Tomorrow morning will be amazing!

The main cereal we had when I was growing up was Kelloggs Frosted Flakes.

I just read an article about this. The writer "Tasted the weirdest cereals available so you don't have to" or something along those lines.

She tried Honey Buns cereal, Strawberry Lucky Charms, Sour Patch Kids, Churro Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Pop Tarts, Dippin Dots, and Overwatch Lucio O's. She said most were absolutely disgusting.

I just read an article about this. The writer "Tasted the weirdest cereals available so you don't have to" or something along those lines.

She tried Honey Buns cereal, Strawberry Lucky Charms, Sour Patch Kids, Churro Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Pop Tarts, Dippin Dots, and Overwatch Lucio O's. She said most were absolutely disgusting.
I think you listed out most of the new Post display at Walmart.

Growing up we got sugary cereal at Grandma's house that one lovely weekend where my parents went away for their anniversary. I got to try Barbie, Smurf, and I think Nintendo. They were all NASTY! I prefer the Honey Nut Cherrios my mom bought us!

I rarely eat cereal anymore, but my favorites were always Fruity Pebbles, Cap Crunch, grape-nuts, and that cereal that looked like twigs lol. Pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum, either super sugar or no sugar. These days if I’m eating the carbs in cereal it’s a fruity pebble sugar shock for dessert for dinner haha.

I don’t even know if they still make Grape Nuts and the twig cereal, but now I want Grape Nuts...

My mom always bought healthy cereal so when I was a kid I looked forward to sleepaway camp where I could eat sugary cereals like Frosted Flakes and Froot Loops. Now that I'm an adult though, I prefer the cereals my mom bought me.

We had healthy cereals, too. But . . . on my birthday, I got to pick one box of sweet cereal to share. My favorite was Fruity Pebbles. Can't imagine eating it now, but once a year, i thought it was heavenly to have that for breakfast.

My mom always bought healthy cereal so when I was a kid I looked forward to sleepaway camp where I could eat sugary cereals like Frosted Flakes and Froot Loops. Now that I'm an adult though, I prefer the cereals my mom bought me.
I don’t think any cold cereal is actually healthy. There are some that claim they are healthy but that is just marketing.

Some of them really do taste great though!

Saw this at the grocery store yesterday...when they decide to put a price tag with it, I might just have to buy it...

Limited-Edition-Capn-Crunchs-Chocolatey-Berry-Crunch-Cereal.jpg

I miss Quisp. I heard somewhere that it my be coming back.

I’ve seen Quisp fairly recently in local supermarkets. I remember the Quisp vs. Quake commercials with the two cartoon characters. Both tasted similar to Cap’n Crunch and also King Vitaman; all pretty much the same except for shape.

I can’t eat those sugary cereals anymore. Nowadays, it’s regular corn flakes or Special K.

To me the golden age of cereal was 1964-1974.
:sad2: Those years were cereal Siberia for me. My Ddad did all our grocery shopping and the only kinds he ever bought were Corn Flakes and Rice Crispies. I used to long for the ridiculous sugary crap I saw in tv commercials.

My favorites (in no particular order):
Frosted Shredded Wheat
Raisin Bran (the original, with raisins only)
Frosted Flakes
Honey Nut Cheerios

To me the golden age of cereal was 1964-1974.

remember 'pink panther flakes'? they turned the milk pink (and 'tickle you pink').

I miss Quisp. I heard somewhere that it my be coming back.

they sell it at walmart and walmart online.

my favorites were always Fruity Pebbles

My favorite was Fruity Pebbles.

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

so groooooooooooooooooooooooooooss. you do know fruity pebbles is all the other cereal that's fallen on the floor at the cereal factory, been stepped on and got swept up? (at least that's what i've told my dh and kids for years b/c i can't stand that stuff-it turns to mush the minute you add milk to it and turns to superglue upon drying out). cocoa pebbles is simply the fruity pebbles that got stepped on by the dirtier boots in the factory:p

I agree the golden years were the 60’s and 70’s. We would buy the cereal by what toy they were offering. Everyone had the super sugar crisp with the Archie’s record on the box.

https://goo.gl/images/PXvJ66

Every kid cereal had sugar in the title. My favorite was super sugar pops. It was like eating carmel corn with milk.
My grandparents ate the worst cereal known to kids, puffed wheat or rice. Of course you had to put 1/2 the sugar bowl on the bowl of cereal before you could even think about eating it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter