We live in the golden age of cereal!

I have the feeling I'm the lone weirdo sitting over in the corner, eating my oatmeal. I guess that definitely indicates soggy cereal doesn't bother me.

I didn't grow up with sugary cereals so I think that's probably why I don't eat them and didn't really buy them for my daughters when they were growing up. I know from time to time they asked for some and we would let them pick something but they never really got much into them either. I remember they asked for Apple Jacks a few times after they ate them on vacation at the hotel breakfast buffet. Oldest gave up Multigrain Cheerios one year for Lent, which ended up making her cranky because they were her regular snack between school and dance. They despise my favorite cereal bran flakes and say they taste like cardboard. I like them with milk and a sliced banana on top.

I hate soggy cereal but love oatmeal. Of course I only eat cooked oatmeal not instant and add sugar or brown sugar, a bit of butter, craisens, and pecans. Pretty sure I might as well eat fruit loops. Lol.

But cannot stomach bran flakes. Soggy or otherwise.

My husband bought me this bowl for Christmas because I barely put enough milk in my cereal for it to get damp. I can't eat it once it's soggy and it happens so fast. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but it seems like a great idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Crunch-...ocphy=9061205&hvtargid=pla-348082622862&psc=1

My son got something similar to this a couple years ago for Christmas (from Brookstone). My mom, who we gave the idea to as a gift she could give, mocked us relentlessly for this bowl. Turns out, like 3 years later, it's still getting used 2-3 times a week. My son loves it.

according to twitter, it's national cereal day (I never know which nation they're referring to with these things)

Anyway, since this thread was started recently, I figured I'd share my favorite breakfast cereals:

(Note, I'm not rating healthiness for these)

1. Cocoa Krispies - I LOOOOOVE these. Others like cocoa puffs and Cocoa pebbles are ok, but just not as good. Cocoa Krispies is the king
2. Froot Loops - I don't eat these much anymore (well, honestly I try not to eat any of the sugary ones anymore)
3. Honey Smacks - Or is it just Smacks now?
4. Special K with Strawberries - I eat these more often since they're a bit healthier
5. Honey Bunches of Oats - Various flavors

60's kids have to remember the best cereal ever made, Rice Krinkles.

Another 80s kid. My mom let me eat whatever cereal I wanted. As long as I ate it, she was ok with it. And yes, the toy inside weighed heavily on the cereal I picked. I still have some of those toys too. I still use the Disney spoons that I got out of cereal boxes in to 90s.

That marketing still works on me. I'm currently buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch for the Pokemon cards inside. :laughing: Luckily, CTC is one of my favorites.

Fruity/Coco Pebbles amaze me. The Flintstones haven't been on tv regularly since the early 90s. Yet the cereal still sells well enough for it to be produced. :confused3 Do kids today even know who Fred and Barney are?

This thread inspired me to buy Lucky Charms, Corn Pops and Cap'n Crunch at Target this morning. Yum yum!

I always buy a box of Lucky Charms in March because ever since DS was little, we've had had a tradition of "sundaes" for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day - vanilla ice cream with Lucky Charms on top!

The 80's/90's were the best for licensed cereal:

220px-Mr_T_Cereal_front_cover.jpg

upload_2019-3-8_9-22-29.jpeg

upload_2019-3-8_9-23-30.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-8_9-23-20.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-8_9-23-20.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
For a few years I loved Kellogg’s frosted bran flakes. It had lots of fiber so you felt healthy eating it yet it tasted just like Frosted Flakes. Of course they took it off the market :(

My whole family LOVES cereal and we eat it at least 4 times a week-sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for dinner and sometimes as a bedtime snack. I have at least 10 boxes of cereal in my pantry at all times. Just call me Jerry.

Besides that, we are all very healthy people. No blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure or obesity issues. We work out and eat healthy, but still eat sugary cereal and will never stop!!

My faves: Lucky Charms, Peanut Butter Capn Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios

My whole family LOVES cereal and we eat it at least 4 times a week-sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for dinner and sometimes as a bedtime snack. I have at least 10 boxes of cereal in my pantry at all times. Just call me Jerry.

Besides that, we are all very healthy people. No blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure or obesity issues. We work out and eat healthy, but still eat sugary cereal and will never stop!!

My faves: Lucky Charms, Peanut Butter Capn Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios

At this point, most "sugary" cereals don't even have that much sugar. Most hover right around 8-11 grams per serving.

I absolutely cannot eat unsweetened cereal. I like plain cheerios, Crispix, and Rice Krispies, but I usually add a teaspoon (or two, who am I kidding) to a bowl, which by my calculations is over TWICE the number of grams of sugar in most pre sweetened cereals. I'm better off eating the pre sweetened cereals!

We also switched to Fairlife milk. More protein, less sugar. Win win.

There was a glitch at Stop and Shop last week, making Lucky Charms free. I don't care if it's healthy, that's what my kids are getting for breakfast for the next year. I was going to get them that Donut cereal, since I had a coupon. But free won out.
I was never much of a cereal kid. I had to have Eggo waffles every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter