We miss you here in Alaska

All of you who have been in Denali National park know how busy this little town gets. This year the two stoplight are not even working and the town is like an old west ghost town. This Photo is from 24 July 2020514502

We are trying very hard to get there! We were supposed to be there May 2019, but had to cancel because we had to buy a new furnace. So, we were then supposed to be there June 2020, but obviously that was cancelled. Now we are booked for July 2021. (In fact, 1 year from tomorrow). I sure hope it happens!
Next June will be our 4th attempt! 2015 we moved, 2016 I horribly underestimated how much we would need for flights, hotels, and excursions, and we were supposed to go this June. Hopefully we all make it next year!!

Next June will be our 4th attempt! 2015 we moved, 2016 I horribly underestimated how much we would need for flights, hotels, and excursions, and we were supposed to go this June. Hopefully we all make it next year!!
Yes visited Santa last weekend at the north pole and both him and Misses Claus miss all of you who couldn't come up and see them

I hope we don't have to try a 4th time. I sure hope it happens on the 3rd try. Good luck to you! (We are driving from Colorado. I grew up in WA so we want to spend a bunch of time there before or after the cruise so no airfare thankfully, and we already paid for all of our excursions for this year and I just had all of the excursion companies move them to our dates next year.)

[
We have Alaska booked for May...I’m not making any other plans though until we get much much closer. Fingers crossed!!
We also have Alaska booked for May, but I am beginning to have doubts if it will happen. My medical condition does not let me wear a mask, and it does not look like that requirement will change anytime soom

I hope we don't have to try a 4th time. I sure hope it happens on the 3rd try. Good luck to you! (We are driving from Colorado. I grew up in WA so we want to spend a bunch of time there before or after the cruise so no airfare thankfully, and we already paid for all of our excursions for this year and I just had all of the excursion companies move them to our dates next year.)
We also paid for our excursions, but going from a 7 night to 9 night cruise, so we have some different ports. We are in FL and I dread having to book airfare again. If it doesn't work next year, I think we're done trying for quite awhile. :sad1:

[

We also have Alaska booked for May, but I am beginning to have doubts if it will happen. My medical condition does not let me wear a mask, and it does not look like that requirement will change anytime soom
Let us see what next year will bring. Hopefully the winter will knock Covid down and next year will be better. As we all know next spring the snow will melt and the flowers will come back. Walt was a big believer in the future so keep safe and "wish upon a star"

We also paid for our excursions, but going from a 7 night to 9 night cruise, so we have some different ports. We are in FL and I dread having to book airfare again. If it doesn't work next year, I think we're done trying for quite awhile. :sad1:
Yes I understand we were looking at taking a cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary. If you get a chance watch John Wayne's movie "the High and the mighty" A couple in that movie point out what a vacation can be like". Also I checked and our glaciers are still here and Denali is as high as ever. If you would like to enjoy Alaska from Afar we have a face book group called Alaska Zen that we setup to help you explore Alaska before you come.

Yes I understand we were looking at taking a cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary. If you get a chance watch John Wayne's movie "the High and the mighty" A couple in that movie point out what a vacation can be like". Also I checked and our glaciers are still here and Denali is as high as ever. If you would like to enjoy Alaska from Afar we have a face book group called Alaska Zen that we setup to help you explore Alaska before you come.
That's wonderful, I'll have to looking that Facebook group. And I'll have to look up that movie :)

We are booked for next August and I’ve been looking at private tour businesses I really hope they can survive a season with no business. Thanks for the Alaska info!

We are booked for next August and I’ve been looking at private tour businesses I really hope they can survive a season with no business. Thanks for the Alaska info!
It is hard up here with Canada being shut down and the only way up is boat or plane. You might want to contact the business you are looking to book with and let them know that you are looking forward to visiting Alaska, and hope they are doing well. If the business is run by Snowbirds (People who are only in Alaska in the Summer) they might not of opened up this year. If you contact them and let them know you are interested in visiting next year it might lift their spirits, something we could all use right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter