We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals - Updated 1/15

The halloween fireworks are the best!!! Another reason why I was disappointed with the last party I attended -- thanks to winds, they didn't have the "exclusive" fireworks show. You can't control the weather, but seriously, it's a bummer when you miss out on a "party exclusive" which is one of the best fireworks shows Disney puts on (IMO). :(

Loved the rest of the halloween party! I don't know how we missed the little parade. I think every time it was going on we were somewhere else in a LINE lol. I do think it is fun and honestly seeing the amazing costumes that the people who attend the party are wearing is pretty amzing right there. I just wish they would limit the tickets a bit more so it isn't just SO packed. As you said there just isn't enough time to do it all.

I don't know if or when we will go back to DL for a party because when you are paying for 4 or 5 people it gets pretty spendy but I would love to go to one in DW again someday. I think you will really like their's.

As always looking forward to your next update. :)

tdash I know what you mean. You are paying SO much and then when you miss out on something as big as the fireworks it is pretty dissapointing. We had that happen in DW. We paid for the xmas party and it poured rain. We asked about a refund but they refused and said they would only give us tickets for another party. Only problem is it was our last night and we were leaving. We live in CA so not like we could come back. It was VERY dissapointing in that so much was rained out, we were cold and miserable and wet and honestly I didn't like it nearly as much as the halloween one. Stinks when that happens.

LOVE those shirts. Too bad I am on a budget cuz I would def get one. Very cute!

The halloween fireworks are the best!!! Another reason why I was disappointed with the last party I attended -- thanks to winds, they didn't have the "exclusive" fireworks show. You can't control the weather, but seriously, it's a bummer when you miss out on a "party exclusive" which is one of the best fireworks shows Disney puts on (IMO). :(

That's awful about the fireworks getting cancelled! I know that was our biggest fear when paying all that extra money for tickets...

Loved the rest of the halloween party! I don't know how we missed the little parade. I think every time it was going on we were somewhere else in a LINE lol. I do think it is fun and honestly seeing the amazing costumes that the people who attend the party are wearing is pretty amzing right there. I just wish they would limit the tickets a bit more so it isn't just SO packed. As you said there just isn't enough time to do it all.

I don't know if or when we will go back to DL for a party because when you are paying for 4 or 5 people it gets pretty spendy but I would love to go to one in DW again someday. I think you will really like their's.

As always looking forward to your next update. :)

There was just always so much going on (and so many people everywhere) so I'm sure there are some things we missed as well. I agree that just looking at other guests' costumes is an attraction in itself!

And you're totally right that the party becomes much less worth the price when you have a big family. Luckily with just the two of us and the AP discount, it wasn't that bad.

tdash I know what you mean. You are paying SO much and then when you miss out on something as big as the fireworks it is pretty dissapointing. We had that happen in DW. We paid for the xmas party and it poured rain. We asked about a refund but they refused and said they would only give us tickets for another party. Only problem is it was our last night and we were leaving. We live in CA so not like we could come back. It was VERY dissapointing in that so much was rained out, we were cold and miserable and wet and honestly I didn't like it nearly as much as the halloween one. Stinks when that happens.

It's definitely frustrating that the parties are so dependent on the weather. I feel like I've heard so many stories about people missing out on parades and/or fireworks because of inclement conditions...

LOVE those shirts. Too bad I am on a budget cuz I would def get one. Very cute!

Thanks! I'll pass your praises along to the cats ;)

How cute are the goats?! While I was a child my family had a small herd of goats. Mostly, they were wonderful pets. My brother had to milk one everyday, so I'm assuming he didn't think they were all that great. ;)

I always enjoyed watching them play "king of the hill". One would jump up on a large stump, and one of the others would try to knock him/her off. And I remember how they would randomly (seemingly) come in to shelter. Within an hour a storm would inevitably hit. They were better than the weather channel. :)

Still following along.

The goats are awesome! I have a friend that goes to the Philippines to help dig wells, build schools etc as part of his church. When he goes, I give him about $50. That will buy a goat for a family. There are at least 4 goats in that part of the Philippines due to me. I think that might be as close as I get to keeping goats for myself. :lmao:

How cute are the goats?! While I was a child my family had a small herd of goats. Mostly, they were wonderful pets. My brother had to milk one everyday, so I'm assuming he didn't think they were all that great. ;)

I always enjoyed watching them play "king of the hill". One would jump up on a large stump, and one of the others would try to knock him/her off. And I remember how they would randomly (seemingly) come in to shelter. Within an hour a storm would inevitably hit. They were better than the weather channel. :)

That's awesome that you grew up with goats. I'm totally jealous. And we see the ones at Disneyland play "king of the hill" with the barrels sometimes. Always funny to watch. That's also interesting that they apparently have pretty excellent internal barometers!

Still following along.

The goats are awesome! I have a friend that goes to the Philippines to help dig wells, build schools etc as part of his church. When he goes, I give him about $50. That will buy a goat for a family. There are at least 4 goats in that part of the Philippines due to me. I think that might be as close as I get to keeping goats for myself. :lmao:

I'm glad you're still keeping up with all the reports! That's great that you have single-handedly increased the goat population in the Philippines. Maybe someday you'll get to go there yourself and meet them. :rotfl:

Hi all! Just updating to let all you faithful readers know that I've started my Pre-Trip Report for our upcoming land-and-sea DCL/WDW vacation over on a new thread that you can find here. I'd love for you all to weigh in with advice/ideas. Thanks!

That jack-o-lantern looked brilliant. Even though Halloween isn't such a big deal here I'd love to try doing one myself just for fun, and the electric candle is such a great idea.

Love your jack-o-lantern. That's great work by you two.

That popcorn bucket is cute, isn't it?

Love the pumpkin!

We've been to Disneyland many times and still haven't tried a bread bowl. It looks so tasty. Maybe on our next trip. :)

That jack-o-lantern looked brilliant. Even though Halloween isn't such a big deal here I'd love to try doing one myself just for fun, and the electric candle is such a great idea.

Thanks! :) I think you should definitely go ahead and try to carve one up for yourself. I didn't know that Halloween wasn't a big deal down under.

Love your jack-o-lantern. That's great work by you two.

That popcorn bucket is cute, isn't it?

Glad you liked it :thumbsup2 And yes, we love that popcorn bucket. It's being used as a planter in the window of my office currently.

Love the pumpkin!

We've been to Disneyland many times and still haven't tried a bread bowl. It looks so tasty. Maybe on our next trip. :)

Thanks! You absolutely need to try one of the bread bowls. They're very tasty, and it's nice how they're readily available from a few different locations.

I really would like to read about all your updates. I hate to say it, but I'm realizing how old and out of touch I am that im having trouble clicking on and following your blog. It not so much the execution, it's the whole going to another sitemap I don't have enough tine in one day to keep up with TRs on the DIS. Going to another site adds a whole nother layer. I will come back here when I am laying on the porcheating bon bons and read. Definitely for sure! I'm hoping that is soon!

What great presents! I particularly like the Haunted Mansion throw, and I'm not surprised the Harry Potter shirt gets so many comments- it's so fun. I love the picture of the castle from between the horses ears, I always make sure I get a ride on the horse drawn trolley but never thought about a shot like that, such a different perspective.

Whoo! You're almost my birthday twin! My birthday is October 27th. Super awesome gifts from your wife too. Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride and I LOVE Harry Potter so all those gifts are great. Good job, Tracy!

I really would like to read about all your updates. I hate to say it, but I'm realizing how old and out of touch I am that im having trouble clicking on and following your blog. It not so much the execution, it's the whole going to another sitemap I don't have enough tine in one day to keep up with TRs on the DIS. Going to another site adds a whole nother layer. I will come back here when I am laying on the porcheating bon bons and read. Definitely for sure! I'm hoping that is soon!

Sorry to see you go! Hope you get a chance to come back around sometime soon!

What great presents! I particularly like the Haunted Mansion throw, and I'm not surprised the Harry Potter shirt gets so many comments- it's so fun. I love the picture of the castle from between the horses ears, I always make sure I get a ride on the horse drawn trolley but never thought about a shot like that, such a different perspective.

I was quite happy with my haul of presents. Tracy did a good job! And I've gotten a few fun pictures with the horse's head and other landmarks like the castle or Main Street Station in the background. It is a fun and unique perspective. Glad you liked it! :)

Whoo! You're almost my birthday twin! My birthday is October 27th. Super awesome gifts from your wife too. Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride and I LOVE Harry Potter so all those gifts are great. Good job, Tracy!

Well happy early birthday to you for this year! I agree that the gifts were all very good choices! :thumbsup2

HB Taylor. Love the gifts you got. Tracy did real good. :thumbsup2

Thanks :rotfl: Writing about this last birthday mere weeks before my NEXT birthday just served to remind me how far behind I am on this report! Luckily, Tracy has been hinting that her presents for me this year are possibly even better than the last haul!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter