• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We must have been crazy spur of the moment trip report

tjl1388

20 mins. from the Mouse!!
Well, wed. (9/19) around midnight. Me the DW were just hanging around the house trying to decide what to do with the rest of the week off. She blurts out "lets go to disney". The more we dicussed it the more feasibly it became.

Soooo around 1am we left Atlanta and drove :woohoo: down swapping time behind the wheel.

Thank goodness for DVC, we booked a 1 bedroom at Saratoga as we were walking into MK. How friggin cool is that!!!:banana:

Park was dead!! did most everything. Only bad things on the day were getting stuck on TS Island due to weather and the pure exhaustion of getting 2 hours of sleep in 36 hours.

We had planned to leave Friday but decided to stay for the Halloween party which neither myself or my wife had ever seen.

What a party. I think I might like it more than the Christmas party. Stayed one more night and left Sat.

A couple things that I learned on this trip.

1. A one bedroom is the only way to go and unless I am just flat out of points that is the only way we are going from here on out.

2. Don't go to Tom Sawyers Island unless it is beautiful and sunny....they will leave your butt out there and refuse to come get you due to lightning 10-15 miles away. It was not fun.

3. DVC and spontaneous trips work very well together.

Wow!

I am so impressed. I really wish DH would do things spur of the moment like that.

How early were you able to get in your room at SSR? Do you have annual passes? How long has it been since you visited the mouse?

:surfweb: popcorn:: :surfweb: popcorn::

I'm glad you had a good time!:thumbsup2

I wished we lived that close so we could do those quick drive down trips!

Yeah, me too. We're exactly 1,111 miles from our door to the BWV...it's just not close enough for me...

MickeysApp, We didn't actually check in at the hotel until some time around 7pm that night. Still got a great first floor in the grandstands...our favorite place to be.

It had been a while..about 6 months. No APs this year, it was full price. We are going back in Oct. for F&W.

Thanks for the TS tip. Who knew????

One of our best trips was a last minute switch-a-roo to WDW when we lived in FL. Nothing beats it! Now we are not so spontaneous, sadly. Glad it all worked out!

MickeysApp, We didn't actually check in at the hotel until some time around 7pm that night. Still got a great first floor in the grandstands...our favorite place to be.

It had been a while..about 6 months. No APs this year, it was full price. We are going back in Oct. for F&W.

Wow! I think I would have slept from 7pm until sometime the next day!

Thanks for the info. We booked our next trip with 4 1/2 months notice, and that was really short for us. You are an inspiration!

Certain times of year that kind of spontanaity(sp?) would never be possible. The people in member services would laugh you off the phone if you tried that in say late December or middle of July.

Here in our little Ga. county the kids are out of school for that particular weel every year and alot of people we know go to disney for that week and it is dead at the parks. This was out first year going this particular week and they were right it was not crowded at all. We really like to go in early/mid Oct. due to lack of crowds but this was even less crowded than then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter