We Need Your Input! Tell Us What You Want!

What format would you like to see the most? Please read thread first!

• Option 1 - one board, no off topic

• Option 2 - one board, small community sub board

• Option 3 - One subject as main board - sub boards for others - on topic only

• Option 4 - one board as main, subs for others including a small community

• Option 5 - Main board small community, topic boards branching off into sub boards from top of main

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm sorry, are we supposed to still be voting on something here? I haven't really kept up with the boards much lately, as I've got so much going on at home (and a really bad case of "Colt-itis!---can't miss a football game!).

Can someone update me with what is going on? Are we losing this board, or am I just completely out of the loop?

sweet maxine said:
I'm sorry, are we supposed to still be voting on something here? I haven't really kept up with the boards much lately, as I've got so much going on at home (and a really bad case of "Colt-itis!---can't miss a football game!).

Can someone update me with what is going on? Are we losing this board, or am I just completely out of the loop?

No.. you aren't losing the board :) We will eventually be merging the Flower and Garden board in and we were discussing various options and ways the setup can be done since it will involve bringing a 4th topic into the board. Its been put on hold for a litte while though :)

:wave: We've missed you lately! :teeth:

The voting is over for now. And we aren't losing the board! We were going to be adding more people (the flower/garden board) & I guess the thought was that topics would get lost because of the even greater diversity.

For now things are staying the way they've always been....except we have 3 great, new mods. :teeth:

piratesmate said:
For now things are staying the way they've always been....except we have 3 great, new mods. :teeth:

Sucking up will get you everywhere ;) :teeth:

Oh, okay. I tell ya, getting two h.s. seniors settled on a college to attend is taking its toll on me! (That and my messy house after all those swaps! :rolleyes1 )

Well, that sounds good. I don't mind the flower and garden people coming over. My yard could probably do with a little help from the wisdom of those folks!

I vote for option #6: leave it like it is. There is an option #6, right? :confused3

I am fairly new to this board and I love it!!I cook, I craft and I scrap (a lot.)
I don't have a ton of time to go from board to board all day or evening. I like to pop in here and be able to skim thru the new posts and jump in where I see fit.

In fact, eventhough I'm fairly new to the scrap board, I just participated in an exchange (swap) of scrap supplies. I'm so very impressed with the way it was handled and no one said "you can't play because you're new!" Someone has explained paper bag albums to me and then a few hours later, I'm explaining the difference between "pie" pumpkins and jack-lantern pumpkins to someone else.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.......... it's kind of like being welcomed into a small town.......feels kind of like the bar CHEERS, where everybody knows your name..........

Grumpy's Gal said:
I vote for option #6: leave it like it is. There is an option #6, right? :confused3

I am fairly new to this board and I love it!!I cook, I craft and I scrap (a lot.)
I don't have a ton of time to go from board to board all day or evening. I like to pop in here and be able to skim thru the new posts and jump in where I see fit.

In fact, eventhough I'm fairly new to the scrap board, I just participated in an exchange (swap) of scrap supplies. I'm so very impressed with the way it was handled and no one said "you can't play because you're new!" Someone has explained paper bag albums to me and then a few hours later, I'm explaining the difference between "pie" pumpkins and jack-lantern pumpkins to someone else.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.......... it's kind of like being welcomed into a small town.......feels kind of like the bar CHEERS, where everybody knows your name..........

I'm glad you felt welcomed. I like to browse through various posts, too, even though I would not call myself crafty. I can cook & I do scrap though. I'm not sure I'll ever do a paper bag sb though :)!

MeanLaureen said:
Just out of curiousity - and I don't want you guys to think I'm trying to start something because this is just out of me being curious - what is the main reason you guys are against choice 5 and having a place to chat and topic boards? And would you be likely to be more open to it if it was divided into (and I apologize for not remembering who suggested it) 2 subboards with one being home (cooking and gardening) and the other being crafts/scrapping?

A long time ago a group of us asked Pete if we could have a scrapbook board, at that time they said they didn't want to have any new boards. After the Community Board started getting tired of scrapbook posts ;), (they seemed to have become plentiful) they decided they'd make the recipes board a Scrapbook / Recipe board. The cooking folks weren't too sure about it but then they got used to us and the groups got along great. For a very short time we tried marking posts to denote them as scrapbook or cooking but it really worked better to just post. Later the name was changed to included all hobbies, again it bought some new folks but since so many have multiple interests and the board doesn't move at lightening speed it still has been fine to keep up with and find the posts of interest.

There are a few off topic posts, sometimes this is just a closer group so if someone needed a prayer we would point the group here in that direction.

I don't mind the addition of the flower/garden group. I love their pictures but don't drop by that board since I don't garden.

I liked the t-shirt threads, I did some of that years ago but also liked to see what they were doing. Some of the captions would also work for scrapbooking.

JudithM said:
scrap though. I'm not sure I'll ever do a paper bag sb though :)!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

oh, never say never judithm! (or you could always do an altered mouse trap!) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

maggie

nicurn said:
oh, never say never judithm! (or you could always do an altered mouse trap!)

I'll repeat myself - disgusting! You sure do know how to drive a woman (me) crazy! Maggie, did you see the luggage tag thread on this board? I was surprised not to see you there altering luggage tags!

The main reason I opposed the all the options is that there was going to be a separate comm board (sub or main). So many of us have become friends and have gotten to know more about each other's lives. With that said, I don't have time to go cruising around several boards to catch up with everything. I can come to one board, check anything that is of interest and move on. If I want to know if there is a sale at Target, check the monthly challenge, and post I need a recipe, it's all here and I don't need to remember if I have done it.

I hope this makes sense. We really are a great group of gals and I would really hate to see it broken up because we no longer have time or the energy to go lurking around several boards to keep up with each other.

WDWMom said:
The main reason I opposed the all the options is that there was going to be a separate comm board (sub or main). So many of us have become friends and have gotten to know more about each other's lives. With that said, I don't have time to go cruising around several boards to catch up with everything. I can come to one board, check anything that is of interest and move on. If I want to know if there is a sale at Target, check the monthly challenge, and post I need a recipe, it's all here and I don't need to remember if I have done it.

I hope this makes sense. We really are a great group of gals and I would really hate to see it broken up because we no longer have time or the energy to go lurking around several boards to keep up with each other.
Well said ....and we welcome the Garden People, too.

I ask this out of curiosity since I've missed the whole discussion. If the Flower & Garden Board is currently it's own, why can't it just be moved as a sub-board of this one? That way, the gardening posts won't get mixed in with all that CCS has going on already and they will still have their own home.

And I just have to add that I think the CCS board is incredibly welcoming! Considering that I was brand-spanking new to scrapbooking the first time I checked in and was only looking for recipes, I feel I have been treated wonderfully by everyone since I've been here. I especially love to sit and read through all the different threads even though I don't post much. In fact, I would be having a second spa treatment on my upcoming WDW trip if it weren't for all of the lovely enabler threads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!