We saw the zero entry pool at SSR

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
DH and I stayed at Sarasota Springs on a trip at the end of July (Only us, no kids!)
The main pool at SSR is a zero entry pool (with a gradual ramped area to walk or roll into the pool). There is also a "bump step" at the other side of the pool. The quiet pool that we used near our room also had "bump steps".
I was excited to see the zero entry pool, but disappointed once we were in it. While being able to enter the pool from a ramp is wonderful, the entire pool has a depth of only 3 feet. Great for small kids, but not for swimming. And, if we stayed with DD at SSR, I'd be able to get her into the pool. But once she was in there, she couldn't do anything except be held up standing in the pool. I need to get her into water that is at least 4 to 5 feet deep to avoid having her bumping her feet on the bottom of the pool. If she was on a large, full body float, it might be different, but even then my back would hurt after leaning down to attend her in water 3 feet deep.
Water depth was not something I had considered with the zero entry pools. Does anyone know if the others are also so shallow?

Hi Sue,

We've used the zero entry pool at the Polynesian twice. It's been a while, but I'm sure it was deeper than three feet. I looked at our pictures, and it looks like it was up to my shoulders, once we got past the sloped part, so it's probably 4 1/2 to 5 feet deep out by the waterfall and the slide. We have to support our DDs, too; it doesn't look in the pics like we were leaning over, and I don't remember being uncomfortable.

It gets deeper as you go straight ahead from the zero entry. I'm not sure it's deepest part - close to 5 ft I would say as DD was under when touching.

The "bump step" area goes into water approximately 3 feet, which is over by the slide. I do believe at least one of the hot tubs also has a "bump step".

Thanks for the info. I was a little disappointed at the SSR main pool because of that. I actually walked around inside most of the pool because I couldn't believe it was so shallow. My DH, on the other hand, who likes to just sit in the water, thought it was fine. I guess we won't be using the SSR main pool, but we might have to check out some of the other zero entry ones. Or, else, I have to figure out a way for DD to use the bump steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter