We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

I had a birthday cake in June 2017 - the same cake we had in August 2016 - marble cake with cream and fresh raspberry filling delivered to our DVC room at VGC. They will do more flavors (at least at the hotels) if you ask for something specific. I'll post pictures soon.

Did they say why they won't do NBC characters?
DD is having a NBC party at home before we go.

They could last year-my NBC cake from last October is [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/we-should-start-a-disneyland-cake-thread.1536554/page-24#post-56594955"] HERE [/URL]

While what they have and what they can do is always changing If I was told no for something that I know had been done before I would call back and ask someone else later. Disney has a history of having some CM's say no while others say they can do it no problem.

Here is my cake. It was REd Velvet with cream cheese frosting with fondant. It was very good if a little too heavy of the frosting/filling. BE WARNED THOSE WHO ARE GETTING THEIR CAKE WITH FONDANT IN THE SUMMER. the fondant seems to melt/sweat in the heat (it was 90 degrees that days) and when it does the coloring gets all over. I was originally going to get the cake at a BB dinner during the alloween party but then reschuldes to a regular lunch ADR and im glad I did. If I had walked around with it all night the fondant wouldn't have made it and it would have been ruined. Also the boxes that they have to box up your cake leftovers are just the regular boxes for all food left overs so it had to be cut up to be boxed up so I wasn't able to get pictures of it after the meal. Keep this in mind
View attachment 200058 View attachment 200059 View attachment 200060

Thanks for tagging me to your picture @Kindermouse
I was really hoping for a full body Jack but I am sure DD will be happy with whatever comes.

Hi everyone! Is there a list of all of the restaurants that do celebration cakes? And general pricing? I checked the first couple pages of the thread, but didn't see anything. I'm thinking of ordering a small cake for my son on our upcoming trip- we will be there a week before his birthday. Does Disneyland generally do similar designs to the cakes at Disney World?

Just spoke with Disney Dining, the CM I spoke with said they do not do fondant?
What did you ask for? Usually they say they won't do fondant decorations, but will cover a cake in fondant for an upcharge. It wouldn't shock me if they stopped offering that and made it even more standard.

I asked if I could get fondant and she said they don't do fondant only icing.

I asked for some sort of graduation decoration and she said she thought they did a Mickey in a cap/gown and put me on hold to check. She came back and said I would need to speak to the bakery so maybe I can ask them when I call back to order (we havent decided where to have the cake yet)

Last edited:

Just spoke with Disney Dining, the CM I spoke with said they do not do fondant?

I got fondant last year-there is an additional charge for it. If the dining CM says they dont do it ask to have a baker call you back to discuss what you want. They know a bit better what they and do not do. If I had a nickel for every story I heard about a misinformed phone CM saying they didnt have or do something that I know darn good and well that they do have or do I would have a free 4 night Disney Cruise by now.

I got fondant last year-there is an additional charge for it. If the dining CM says they dont do it ask to have a baker call you back to discuss what you want. They know a bit better what they and do not do. If I had a nickel for every story I heard about a misinformed phone CM saying they didnt have or do something that I know darn good and well that they do have or do I would have a free 4 night Disney Cruise by now.

I kinda thought that may be the case.

I had a CM tell me last week Maxpass was just for Photopass and was not for booking FP so...

I kinda thought that may be the case.

I had a CM tell me last week Maxpass was just for Photopass and was not for booking FP so...

:sad2::headache: and another nickel in the cruise fund:boat:

While things can and do change most often being told no is simply misinformation.

They make wedding cakes there-how are they not going to have a fondant option? Thank goodness for the Dis and our ability to pass on better information :disrocks:

Ideas, suggestions for cake at BB for our 17th anniversary...
I know I've got to get a white cake (majority of the family likes it)
it'll be a 6" round

I wonder if they'd do a han solo/leia design?
Or just mickey and minnie... But it'll be halloween time, so jack skellington could make sense....

I couldn't find any updates on prices here before I ordered my cake for this month. But in case anyone wants to know, the prices currently on the Disneyland website are up-to-date:

• 6-inch round cake: $60
  • 10-inch round cake: $140
  • Half sheet cake: $300
I asked why there was a big jump in prices, and the CM said it was because they're more elaborate. I ordered a 6-inch round chocolate cake with vanilla mousse filling and buttercream frosting. When I asked if they could make it pink, they said "Sure" and it didn't cost extra for the new cakes (thank goodness). My daughter wanted a Belle cake, but they didn't have any separate princesses (except Ariel, I think). So she's getting a Princesses cake.

I couldn't find any updates on prices here before I ordered my cake for this month. But in case anyone wants to know, the prices currently on the Disneyland website are up-to-date:

I asked why there was a big jump in prices, and the CM said it was because they're more elaborate. I ordered a 6-inch round chocolate cake with vanilla mousse filling and buttercream frosting. When I asked if they could make it pink, they said "Sure" and it didn't cost extra for the new cakes (thank goodness). My daughter wanted a Belle cake, but they didn't have any separate princesses (except Ariel, I think). So she's getting a Princesses cake.
THATs quite the price hike. Ridiculous

Do you remember what cake options there are or are there a bunch of options? Wonder what the new ones look like, hopefully they’re really cool.

Do you remember what cake options there are or are there a bunch of options? Wonder what the new ones look like, hopefully they’re really cool.

The cast member mentioned vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet, from what I remember. She may have also said carrot, but I can't be certain because I was distracted by my preschooler. In the middle of her long list of cakes with different fillings, I asked if she could just tell me what were the options for chocolate cake. The fillings were vanilla mousse, chocolate mousse, and raspberry filling. (At least I'm 80% sure she said raspberry instead of another kind of berry.)

I hope they look cool, too! I'll be miffed if it looks more or less the same as the other cakes in this thread. What can an extra $20+ buy you?

OK, here's my sixty-dollar cake from this week. It was pretty, tasted OK, but didn't blow me away. My daughter loved it though, which was the most important thing.

One change from what I read on this thread is that they didn't cut the cake for us. Our server at Cafe Orleans told us that they don't do it anymore because it's a health code violation to take it back to the kitchen when the cake (candle) has been blown on. So (as you can see from the second photo) they gave us a plastic cutter and too-tiny plates. The cake was far too tall for a single slice to fit across the plate.

26804697_10156129989217990_192679043646513034_n.jpg IMG_0420.JPG

Last edited:
OK, here's my sixty-dollar cake from this week. It was pretty, tasted OK, but didn't blow me away. My daughter loved it though, which was the most important thing.

One change from what I read on this thread is that they didn't cut the cake for us. Our server at Cafe Orleans told us that they don't do it anymore because it's a health code violation to take it back to the kitchen when the cake (candle) has been blown on. So (as you can see from the second photo) they gave us a plastic cutter and too-tiny plates. The cake was far too tall for a single slice to fit across the plate.
Do you think that would feed 4 adults and 4 kids?

View attachment 296550 View attachment 296552
Awesome! We're thinking about getting a cake for my nieces 5th birthday when we go. Did you get to take the leftovers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!