We Survived Freshman Year...So We're Going to Disney! - A May 2018 PTR *New TR Link 6/3*

Oh wow I've missed a LOT.

YAY FOR A LONGER TRIP!!!

DOUBLE YAY for MAGICBANDS!

And a GIANT, MASSIVE TRIPLE YAY FOR COMFORT COLORS!!! LMAO GIRL I LOVE CC. I'm a campaign captain for South by Sea, which is a company that designs and distributes t-shirts and UGH I LIVE in Comfort Colors. I get so excited when I see that I'm going to be selling them! I own like 20 CC tees now, I have a serious problem :rotfl: but none of them are DISNEY and yours looks fabulous!!!!!!!!

It's awesome that you'll be at CBR for a night!

YAY I love "what's in my park bag" posts! You have a very practical bag, mine always has a bunch of stuff I never need.

YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO YOUR TRIP WOOP WOOP! Good luck with finals!!!

If I find out a shirt is CC, I'm probably 25x more likely to buy it!! :laughing:

I've never stayed at CBR, so I'm kind of excited to check it out!

Thank you and good luck to you, too! :D

This seems so fitting for your trip!

I thought so too!

Def a double edge sword! Means they expect lots of people!

Right?? The hours have only been extended by an hour here and there, so I don't think it will be terrible. And late nights in the parks are my favorite anyway!

So cute! Love the hand on the hips! Sassy!

Thanks! Yes, I was very sassy at that age (and maybe still now ;) ).

Yay Mickey mail! What a frustrating phone call about the AoA rooms! But I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Good luck with finals!

Your park bag is perf, you carry all the essentials!

Yay Mickey mail! What a frustrating phone call about the AoA rooms! But I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Good luck with finals!

Your park bag is perf, you carry all the essentials!

It was pretty frustrating, but I'm just happy to have a room for that night at all!

Thanks so much!! :D

7 DAYS TO GO!

Happy last day of April, everyone!! I can’t believe how quickly the month of April passed by—it feels like April 1 was just last week!! With the end of April, though, comes one exciting piece of news:
IT’S SEVEN DAYS TO DISNEY!!

200w-10.gif

Absolutely no part of that sentence feels real. Maybe it’s because I’m still in the middle of finals (only one left!!) or because I’m still not fully moved out of my dorm, but I cannot seem to wrap my brain around the fact that I am only seven days away from being back in my favorite place.

Since we are at the one-week mark, though, I thought I would do a quick little update on some last-minute planning things. So here we go!

First, in case anyone cares to know, the weather has been beautiful here, and I am currently sitting in the courtyard outside my dorm, soaking up the sun (and trying to make sure my legs aren’t completely see-though when I get to Florida next week:rotfl:).

IMG_0600
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_0602

Okay, so first things first. Kelsey and I are no longer spending our last night at Caribbean Beach. We are actually spending it at Coronado Springs! (Are y’all tired of that reservation changing? Because I am! :crowded:)

A water view room became available at CSR became available a couple of days ago, and it was about $45 less than the preferred room at CBR. Since our moms are being so great and helping us out with that last night, I jumped at the chance to get a lower rate. Now, the cost of that night is basically the same as what it would have been if we’d been able to stay at AoA that night. I’m super happy with that, and I’m really excited to get to stay at CSR for a night!

Second, I placed our Walmart order last night. Now, since our trip is on the shorter side, we didn’t order that much—really, just enough for us to have a water to start the day with, as well as breakfast and coffee for each day.

The last thing is really just an addition to my last piece. I realized that I left a couple things out of my “What’s in My Park Bag?” post.

First, my portable charger!

IMG_0586

I’m much too cheap to pay the $20 or $30 to get the fuel rods in the parks themselves, so I always bring my own and just charge it in the room each night.

The second thing requires a little bit of explaining.

IMG_0604

So, long story short, I’m hypoglycemic (which basically just means that I pass out when my blood sugar gets too low). I’ve had way more episodes recently than I am at all comfortable with, so my mom found me these glucose tablets to carry around in case of emergencies. Now obviously, the goal is to not ever have to open this, but I will definitely be bringing these with me just in case.

I think that’s all I have for now. I’m headed home TOMORROW, and then the unpacking my dorm stuff and packing for Disney chaos will begin! I hope you all have a magical Monday!!

2007:

100_1520

Last edited:

Yay you are so so close!! Good luck finishing up at school! Then you will have time to put all your focus on DISNEY! :banana:

You are so so so close!! Good luck on your last final!!

Honestly? I kind of dig all the reservation changes. Keep us on our toes!

ONE WEEK LEFT! ONE WEEK LEFT! ONE WEEK LEFFFFFTTTT

Yay you are so so close!! Good luck finishing up at school! Then you will have time to put all your focus on DISNEY! :banana:

Thanks so much!! :D So happy to have Disney be the only thing on my plate!!

So close!!!! YEAH! Good luck with moving home and that last test!

Thank you!!! :)

You are so so so close!! Good luck on your last final!!

Thanks!

Honestly? I kind of dig all the reservation changes. Keep us on our toes!

Haha, well I'm glad someone found it interesting! I just kind of have to roll my eyes after a while.:laughing:

ONE WEEK LEFT! ONE WEEK LEFT! ONE WEEK LEFFFFFTTTT

200w-11.gif

Your trip is so close!!! Good luck on your final exam!

Thank you so much!

Packing in a Carry-On

ATTENTION ATTENTION! We are officially less than 24 hours away from DISNEY DAY! So, in an attempt to have this PTR finished before we leave, I have one final update for you all.

Since it is just Kelsey and me this time around, we decided that packing in carry-ons would be the simplest and least stressful way to fly. My mom and I had done this when we went in January 2013, so I knew it was possible. I thought that other people might be interested in this too, so I thought I would do an update with some tips and tricks for packing in a carry-on.

Step 1: Roll the shirts

First you lay one shirt out flat…

IMG_0633

…then stack the other shirts on top in alternation directions…

IMG_0634

…then fold the stack in half…

IMG_0635

…then roll!

IMG_0636

Step 2: Roll the shorts

I completed the same process for the shorts, but I split them into 2 rolls since the jean shorts are a little bulkier.

IMG_0637

IMG_0638

IMG_0639

Step 3: Insert rolls into carry-on

IMG_0640

Step 4: Pack everything else around them

Untitled

I was honestly pretty impressed with how much space I had left in the top of my bag after I had finished packing. Thankfully that means I’ll have enough room to buy a few souvenirs!

One final note: I finally put the decals on our MBs today!

Untitled

Well…I guess that’s it. The next time you hear from me will probably be for my TR link! Thank you all so much for joining me on this planning adventure. Have a magical week, everyone!:tink:

Enjoy the trip!

I am totally impressed that you are packing just a carry on! I am not sure I could do it! Mostly because I couldn't buy things to bring home...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!