We took down our ez-set pool this weekend

Lisa L from MI

<font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke
Anybody else have one??? What a pain...I tell ya!!! We have the 18' X 48" one. We just got it in June.

We started draining it on Saturday and it took over a day. We pulled the pool and the ground cover cloth off the grass and on to the driveway to wash and let it dry (BTW...think that is going to take forever!!)...

Anyway....I can't believe the smell!!! It is coming from the ground where the pool was at (which is right outside my sunroom window....the sunroom is where I practically "live").....

Anyway.....anybody have one of these pools and experience "the smell".....How did you get rid of it???

Also, any tricks for drying out the pool etc???

I don't even know how to explain the smell....other than like a nasty sewage smell:( :( Wasn't too bad all day since there was no wind...but now the wind is picking up......guess I need to shut my windows!!!!

I don't have a pool and now I don't think I would want one. I would have a clue as to what to do with the smell. Anything else I would say fabreze but I don't think it would work here. Maybe calling a pool store?

I just took mine down today! It has been a royal pain. But man did I love the convenience of setting it up!!

I didn't have the smell at all. But if you come across a good drying technique PLEASE pass it my way!!

Kinlaw....
My mom said to put cornstarch in in to keep it dry when storing it. Sounds like it would work. BUT the problem is getting the darn thing totally dry before storing!!! haven't figured that out yet....plus it is suppose to rain for the next 3 days!!!!!

Don't know why it smells so bad.....I mean...even the ground where it was!!!

Kinlaw....
My mom said to put cornstarch in in to keep it dry when storing it. Sounds like it would work. BUT the problem is getting the darn thing totally dry before storing!!! haven't figured that out yet....plus it is suppose to rain for the next 3 days!!!!!

Don't know why it smells so bad.....I mean...even the ground where it was!!!

It smells like the elephants at the zoo on a hot day. It's AWFUL. It is the decomposing grass underneath the pool. Gross! We never get rain here so ours dried out easily. I don't have any tips for drying it out. We just laid it out flat for a few days.

Our pool did not smell as bad as the yard. We just had to wait it out while the yard dried out and aired out. I have never ever ever smelled anything so putrid.:eek:

Do any of you have the metal frame pool with the pins? We are trying to figure out how to get the pins out?!? I called INTEX and the customer service rep told me to "hammer them". Umm, okay!

Our yard totally reeked too. I thought we had moved to a farm!

If anyone has any advice about getting the pins out, I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks.

Krista

four hours to drain it.....hubby laid down on the side of it.....worked better then the little hole....so then we get it all drained and then we used all the old towels and mopped up what we could.....then took not quite so old towels and wiped it over and over and over......then put that away....then the ground cloth we had to scrub that one.....but the enjoyment we had for this pool.....sure outweighs the all day affair of draining it.....By the way.....no stink at all

MosMom.......You hit it on the nail....that is EXACTLY the smell it is.....I was just telling DH when he got home that it was like a horse farm.....but NO.......DEFINITELY elephants at the zoo on a hot day...........

That is so funny in a way......but really NOT for us!!!!! MAN the smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ground cover was just about dry....and what happened....it sprinkled just so little....now we have to wait again for a nice sunny day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pool is draining right now. Been draining for 2 days now and probably won't be done until tomorrow. We were wondering how to get it to dry out after cleaning it too. And since it is still in the same spot, I don't know if we have a smell or not! :eek: I hope not!

Mine drained in 20 minutes but only because I held the side down and drained it that way. I figure I don't have the smell because I had it in a dirt spot on the side of the house. No grass to kill.

Now its sitting empty on the other side of the house and I can't clean it with the hose because we are on a strict water restriction. It's still wet. I think it is going to be there for a few days.

We took ours down this past weekend also! Totally gross!! I tried the cornstarch, but it really didn't help. It's just too nasty a smell!!:eek: It was the same way last year when we took it down. I thought since the grass never really grew back in the spot where the pool was, it wouldn't of been too bad this year. WRONG!! We put a tarp under the pool so the pool itself doesn't really smell. To dry it, we have it hanging over the clothes line. I do want to wash it out and then re-hang it again. We were supposed to get around 2" of rain last Sunday and I was hoping that Mother Nature would of cleaned it for me, but no such luck! As far as the blue tarp goes, I'm just going to trash it and get a new one next year. It's not worth dealing with all the junk that is on it. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else have a problem with the HUGE flies that liked the mucky ground where the pool was?!:earseek: Nasty!!

Colleen

Thank you all.
I'll make sure to put the one we don't have yet, on concrete, or sand. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter