We went to the first Mickey Halloween Party, any questions?

Thanks for all the great info!

We are planning to watch fireworks and second parade!

are they kicking regular ticket holders out of DCA this year after 7/8 pm cause last year since they werent included in halloween stuff you could still go that park.

Thanks for all the info and updates - they're great!

Did anyone notice where it is in Disneyland this year that you can pick up your MHP wrist bands/treat bag/map if you are already in the park for the day after entering in the morning. Thanks : )

Any tips for ride strategies? This will be our first year going to the party. My 9yo is not interested in the treat trails/characters/or parade. Possibly wants to see the fireworks. She is totally focused on rides :) Was everything pretty much a walk on? i assume we will avoid the HM, not really interested in long lines.

Any tips for ride strategies? This will be our first year going to the party. My 9yo is not interested in the treat trails/characters/or parade. Possibly wants to see the fireworks. She is totally focused on rides :) Was everything pretty much a walk on? i assume we will avoid the HM, not really interested in long lines.
Everything except Peter Pan, Alice, Dumbo, and HMH were easily under 10 minutes, most walk-ons. There were breakdowns though- Indy broke right before we got on (we left) and BTMRR was closed when we tried to go on. Casey Jr and the canal boats were closed.

Maps says
Disney Pirate Pals: frontierland dock
Disney princessses fantasy fairy
Villains: town square, Main Street
Winnie and friend: critter country
Mickey and Minnie: frontierland
Friends from Aladdin: Aladdin Oasis
Jack and Sally: New Orleans Square

Did you see which Gillian's were out and the set up? Were they in sets of 3 or individual? What were the wait times like for them?

And was jungle cruise open all night?

Everything for us was walk on, I didn't see Peter Pan, but when we walked by Dumbo was walk on and Alice was maybe a 10 minute wait, like PP stated. Even SM-GG was walk on which surprised me because last year it was about a 10-15munute wait....which was still amazing! HM was a 15 minute wait, definitely not a long line. I have a feeling your 9 year op will want to do at least a few treat trails. Avoid the ones when you first walk in, the line died down considerabaly as the night went on and they all moved very quickly. The one in the goldenshoe was really fun, great decorations.
we did all the headliners and saw/ waited for the parade and still had time for lots and lot of trick or treating. Have fun!
I wouldkeep an eye on the app too, if something has a longer line, skip it and come back.

Did you see which Gillian's were out and the set up? Were they in sets of 3 or individual? What were the wait times like for them?

And was jungle cruise open all night?

Yes jungle cruise was open all night

Sorry, didn't see who the villains were but at 6pm when we were on Main Street the line was wrapped around the front of the train station. Villains were right in front of the trains station and the line ended close to the bridge .

Everything for us was walk on, I didn't see Peter Pan, but when we walked by Dumbo was walk on and Alice was maybe a 10 minute wait, like PP stated. Even SM-GG was walk on which surprised me because last year it was about a 10-15munute wait....which was still amazing! HM was a 15 minute wait, definitely not a long line. I have a feeling your 9 year op will want to do at least a few treat trails. Avoid the ones when you first walk in, the line died down considerabaly as the night went on and they all moved very quickly. The one in the goldenshoe was really fun, great decorations.
we did all the headliners and saw/ waited for the parade and still had time for lots and lot of trick or treating. Have fun!
I wouldkeep an eye on the app too, if something has a longer line, skip it and come back.
I would have said Dumbo was under 10 minutes if we hadn't done it earlier in the trip and the ride cycles were so long. The CMs were painfully slow at that ride and each cycle took over 5 minutes just because they moved so slowly. May have just been those CMs and it's not usually that slow, but the line we saw at the parade would have been easily 15 based on our experience. They move much more quickly at WDW's Dumbo, and not just because there's two Dumbo spinners. The DL Dumbo CMs reminded me of the sloths from Zootopia.

... Did anyone notice where it is in Disneyland this year that you can pick up your MHP wrist bands/treat bag/map if you are already in the park for the day after entering in the morning. Thanks : )

Special Event CM told me that you can get your wristband at the front entrance or at the Starcade in TL. I wasn't able to walk by the Starcade to confirm this information. Depending on the time, she did think the front entrance might be faster because of the set up. It did seem to be moving pretty quickly this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter