We were having such a good time... and then the husbands showed up!- Now it's time to say goodbye... Update 3/23/20 Pg 8, Post 143- COMPLETED!

DKNHM

Earning My Ears
In this solitary time you must find happiness where you can. I am glad you are able to plan for Disney. I would, too, if I could but there is no way we can go anytime in the near future. Reading about your lost bag have me anxiety!!!! Thank goodness you got it back and THANK YOU to the honest CM who found it! Truly magical!

TeresaNJ

Full time stay at home crafter!
In this solitary time you must find happiness where you can. I am glad you are able to plan for Disney. I would, too, if I could but there is no way we can go anytime in the near future. Reading about your lost bag have me anxiety!!!! Thank goodness you got it back and THANK YOU to the honest CM who found it! Truly magical!
Thank you, DKNHM, and I hope you get to go to WDW as soon as you possibly can. :hug: Yes, I'll be forever grateful to that cast member, and it was Disney magic!

TeresaNJ

We were having such a good time on our girls only F&G trip, and then the husbands showed up!
Now it's time to say goodbye... Monday, April 8, Day 12, Part 4 and Tuesday, April 9, Day 13

This last installment of this very long dining report is going to be short and sweet. Our last full day was coming to a close, and we left Epcot full and happy, and already thinking about our next WDW trip. I always hate leaving, but my motto is you have to leave in order to come back! We left Epcot around 5:30ish as we wanted to spend a little time at our resort, POFQ since we only had a few nights there, and it truly is one of our very favorite resorts. The evening was spent packing up, walking around this lovely resort, and grabbing dinner at the food court, Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory.

Harry & I decided to share the Shrimp Po Boy...
Daily Po' Boys- Shrimp or Catfish dressed with lettuce, tomato, and remoulade $10.99

As well as the Jambalaya...
Jambalaya- chicken and andouille sausage with vegetables cooked in a rich, spicy sauce with rice$11.99

We really enjoyed our meals, and everything was fresh and tasty! No complaints here. Of course, we couldn't leave without having one of our favorites one last time this trip, Mickey beignets! What I wouldn't give for one of these right now.

We did a little more souvenir shopping at Jackson Square Gifts, then chilled out for the rest of the evening, in our room watching tv, and talking about how much fun we had on this trip. 12 nights is quite a long trip for us, and we've only done it twice in all the years we've been coming to WDW. You think it would be plenty of time to do all you want to do, see all you want to see, and eat all you want to eat, but it's never enough, is it? While we were sad to be going home, we were more than ready to see our little grandsons, and our furbabies.

We were up bright and early departure day, and Magical Express was picking us up at 10am. I have no photos and no receipts for food this morning, so I'm thinking we prob just had coffee in the room, and our breakfast bars, and figured we'd just eat lunch at the airport. I spent the little time we had left taking photos of my favorite views, & daydreaming about coming back. It was quite the gloomy morning, which was fitting my mood. If it had been bright and sunny I would have felt even sadder about leaving.

I love looking out at the Sassagoula River, no matter if it's cloudy or sunny.

Wishing I could be taking this stroll over to POR for some lunch today!

Bye Bye Friendship Boat!

Have I said how much I love this place? It gives me such a peaceful feeling.

We've never done any of the resort campfires, and hoping to remedy that on our next trip!

What I wouldn't give to be able to walk this beautiful place this morning.

A perfect view.

So pretty!

Until next time, WDW! Fingers crossed, and praying it won't be too long until we see you again! The End!

• TeresaNJ

I enjoyed following along!
    And random info- we live in Cape Coral also!
    Thanks for following along, Momee! I'm getting ready to start a new DR from our F&W trip this past Oct/Nov. Hope you'll follow along on that adventure, too! Cape Coral is such a pretty place!

Joy70

Earning My Ears
    Hi! I am a little late to the game here, but I was looking through trip reports trying to find one I hadn't read yet and I came across yours. I love your style of writing and am sad I am all done reading it! I am going to go back and read your old reports now, and I look forward to your next report. I totally understand your anxiety about your upcoming trip possibly being cancelled. We have a trip planned for June, and a backup trip planned for August just in case. I know there are a lot of more important things going on, but I work in Human Resources and all of this is extremely stressful, so planning and dreaming about my WDW vacation gives me hope and something to look forward to! I will keep my fingers crossed that both our trips go off as planned, if only because that means this pandemic is almost over.

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
    Wow, that was quite a harrowing last day you all had. Glad you found your bag though and even gladder you went out eating some of the best pizza in the world.

Thanks for sharing your adventures. Hope you are hanging in there and doing well. Ill keep everything crossed that your May trip comes to fruition.

• TeresaNJ

Hi! I am a little late to the game here, but I was looking through trip reports trying to find one I hadn't read yet and I came across yours. I love your style of writing and am sad I am all done reading it! I am going to go back and read your old reports now, and I look forward to your next report. I totally understand your anxiety about your upcoming trip possibly being cancelled. We have a trip planned for June, and a backup trip planned for August just in case. I know there are a lot of more important things going on, but I work in Human Resources and all of this is extremely stressful, so planning and dreaming about my WDW vacation gives me hope and something to look forward to! I will keep my fingers crossed that both our trips go off as planned, if only because that means this pandemic is almost over.

Good Morning, Joy! I'm so happy you enjoyed my report! I've started another one that is linked in my profile, from our trip this past October/November! Well, it did happen, and we did have to cancel our May trip. We rebooked for July 11-18 at SSR. Makes me sad that we had to lose our Boulder Ridge reservation, but oh well. I'd stay anywhere just to go back to WDW again, and SSR is a beautiful resort in it's own right. My husband is a regional sales manager for a healthcare company, and they just had to furlough a bunch of therapists, CNAs and nurse liasons, and some are not accepting it very well, and HR is involved, and my daughter-in-law is in HR for a healthcare company, so I totally understand the stress you are under. Thank goodness we have our plans and dreams about our WDW vacations to help us deal with this mess!
    Wow, that was quite a harrowing last day you all had. Glad you found your bag though and even gladder you went out eating some of the best pizza in the world.

Thanks for sharing your adventures. Hope you are hanging in there and doing well. Ill keep everything crossed that your May trip comes to fruition.

Hi Kari! We're hanging, and doing not too bad considering all that is going on. I have the unfortunate privilege of living in NJ, so we're pretty locked down here, but thank the Lord we're in the southern part of the state. I've been threatening that I'm putting my mask on and going to Walmart today just to get the heck out of here! Yesterday would have been only two weeks to our May trip that's now in the trash can, so we're at 83 days and counting for our July trip. I've been wondering if I should be making some Disney themed face masks should that trip be a go. God, I hope not! Can you imagine those Photo Pass pics?

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
    I just found your trip report, thanks for sharing. I am going to go and read your others. I missed our Flower & Garden trip this year that was supposed to start on 3/14. It’s nice to enjoy reading about other trips since we can’t go on any right now.

TeresaNJ

I just found your trip report, thanks for sharing. I am going to go and read your others. I missed our Flower & Garden trip this year that was supposed to start on 3/14. It’s nice to enjoy reading about other trips since we can’t go on any right now.
    I'm so sorry you missed your trip. We missed ours, too. Were supposed to go May 2nd, and right now it's scheduled for July 11th, but who knows if that will happen. I'm glad you're enjoying my reports! Here's to better days ahead. :hug:

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
    I'm so sorry you missed your trip. We missed ours, too. Were supposed to go May 2nd, and right now it's scheduled for July 11th, but who knows if that will happen. I'm glad you're enjoying my reports! Here's to better days ahead. :hug:
    Thank you! We are scheduled for November and next March. Fingers crossed, we have DVC too so always planning ahead. 😊
    I have thought about doing a trip report in the past but never got very far. This will be the longest absence from Disney for me since we became members so I am definitely going to read some more. They sure help!

• luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Loved reading along on this trip report of yours though I have to admit to having the odd palpitation as you raced through EPCOT looking for your bag! So glad all turned out well in the end minus the tragic binning of dessert :sad: I was totally picturing the scene in my head:rotfl: Good to know there are some decent human beings out there who do the right thing. I loved seeing around all the resorts you stayed in.
    Hoping you continue to improve health wise and that you get your fix of Disney magic soon :goodvibes

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.