We were "that" family

One trip with my mom and I taking my nephew, three, we had him in a stroller. We were walking down Main Street and it's busy. My nephew busts out with "MOVE YOUR A.." We were so embarrassed!

(Inspired by the "happiest place on earth" thread)

In case anyone missed them, I would like to share some memorable lines from our recent WDW vacation that probably had other people shaking their heads in wonder.

- "Oh, yeah? Then I'll just take the monorail back to the resort!!" from 5 year old K on learning that she wasn't going to get her wish of the moment.

- "I will NOT go in there and you can't make me!!" from 10 year old B who developed a sudden and earth shattering fear of costumed characters. No big deal, right? Except that "there" was Chef Mickey's, it was our first night, he was terrified, and the rest of the family was already in and seated.

- "What do you mean you don't know where she is????" from my husband when K ran ahead of me to our longhouse, pressed the wrong elevator key, and disappeared for 15 minutes. I would imagine that if you were anywhere in the zip code at the time, you probably heard this one.

-"You never buy me anything!!" from 8 year old J, wanting a $46 purse in a store.

And on and on it goes. We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!!!

Will anyone else admit to being "THAT" family or was it just us??

Then there are the fights over who gets to open the resort room door. I know there will be bathroom fights. The " Do we have to eat here. They have nothing I like to eat!"

December 2016. First trip to WDW since the 90s. My mom, dad, DSister (31), DD(7) and DD (5). We were there for four days and had absolutely no clue. I'd made all the FPs and ADRs. My mom would not keep to any schedule and kept missing the FPs I 'd made, my dad has PTSD and hates crowds, DSis loves to wander off without mentioning it to anyone, and my kids are...kids. Last night in AK my DD7 has her heart set on a stupid $19 stuffed lion, but only had $10 left. In the interest of family peace I'm going to give her an advance on her allowance, but mom and sis start in on me about "giving in", "spoiling her", and how she's an ungrateful brat because the trip is already so expensive. I'm literally clutching my hair and crying "I don't know what to do!" while they yell. When we finally get out of there and go to our grand finale fancy last night dinner at Sanaa I'm not speaking to anyone but my dad and my younger DD. My mom and sis go off to the resort gift shop and come back with $35 blankets for each of my daughters. I almost killed them both.

Now the blankets are on my DDs beds and they adore them, but I'll never forget that night and the d+&% lion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter