Weather in December?

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Just wondering what the weather is like during the beginning of December? Does it rain much or is that just completely unpredictable?

This is my third trip, went once in January (a bit chilly but not bad and not much rain at all) and once in February (warmer than Jan, but more rain than Jan).

Thanks!

December is unpredictable to the extreme. It can be hot and sunny 80’s or chilly cold 30’s. If it does rain, it’s usually related more to frontal systems coming through as opposed to the summer seabreeze showers. This means it can drizzle all day.

Check the weather forecast about a week before you leave and then plan for everything. Have one hot weather outfit, one cold weather outfit, and things you can layer to be warmer or cooler as needed.

Definitely unpredictable. Anywhere from 30's to 80's. Sometimes in a very short timespan.

We've gone the first or second week of December for many years. There's usually very little rain. As noted, temps can be all over the place, but generally it's moderate to warm, and rarely has it been truly cold, although evenings are often sweater worthy. I check the weather a couple days before we leave to see the temperature trends for the week. There's no sense packing a lot of sweatshirts and jeans if temps are going to be generally warm, and you don't want to go with just tee shirts and shorts if it's going to be unseasonably chilly.

This is my first December trip and I’m so lost on what to pack. I love planning my outfits and it was so easy in September. (Shorts everyday cuz it’s hotter then the surface of the sun) but I’m worried about December.

As noted in my previous post, check the weather forecast a couple days before you leave, to get a sense of the temperature trends. Then pack accordingly.

This is the time of year we always go, our first trip in 2011 it was freezing, bone chilling. We have gone every year since then the weather was great, cold at night and sometimes in the morning enough to where you want a jacket. I would wait and check weather a week before and pack accordingly.

Definitely unpredictable. Anywhere from 30's to 80's. Sometimes in a very short timespan.

I can predict it this year...my dh is joining us and when he is with us the cold front arrives! LOL! He is our longrange weather planner! LOL!

OP- plan for weather swings. I always bring something to layer becuase even if it is warm in the afternoon, it can get colds in the evening.

We have been when it is warm and sunny, like a beautiful Fall day in CT, or bone chilling cold when this northerner had to buy a hat! And then on our departure day the temperature went to 80. Very unpredictable. Except this year, Buddy is coming again. LOL!

Two years ago, it was really nice during the day, but come evening time, we definitely needed a jacket. It's such a relief from the summer heat!

The weather in December bounces all over the place. Bring layers and be prepared to swim one day, layer the next. Best thing about cold or rainy weather, the crowds decrease. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!