weather in december?

eeyorecollector

Earning My Ears
me and my dh are going in december and
don't know what to expect for weather.
Can anyone tell us what they have had in the past.
We have gone 9 times in feb/mar.

Hi eeyorecollector,

I have gone to Disney the past 5 years in December. Looking back through my notes from these trips, the weather has been perfect!! Mid- to high 70's each day and NO RAIN!!! Nights and early mornings are cool - so a jacket or sweater will definately be needed - perhaps even long pants. However, once the sun comes up, shorts and a light sweater (if any at all) is okay.

My wife and I went last year in the first week of December and the daytime weather was really nice (to me, my wife thought it was a little chilly). At night though, it was very cool.
As soon as the sun set, you could feel the difference right away.
We talked to a local and they said that the weather was unseasonably cool for the 1st week of December. We did wish we had packed some warmer clothes.

We are going again this year , the same week, and you can bet we will pack sweatshirts!!!

The BEST thing about going there then was the crowds, or should I say lack of crowds.

Hardly any waiting, especially if you use fastpass.

If you've never been there at Christmas time, check out the Very Merry Xmas party.
We really enjoyed that.

Have fun!

John and Donna

Thanks so much for the info, it really helps.
I would love to hear what you could tell me about
the christmas party, I have only heard the basics.

I am so excited, I am such a christmas freak.
This is always what i have wanted to do

Thanks again

We were there the first week of December 2000. VERY cold the entire time, although this is not normal. We wore polartec pullovers with long sleeve T's underneath the entire time, and even had winter coats on for MVMCP. I tend to get cold easily, and even brought along a pair of cheap stretchy gloves that fit easily into a fanny pack. I was glad I had them.
Hopefully it won't be that cold when you go. However, you need to keep an eye on the 10 day forecast before you go and BE PREPARED for whatever.
Definitely go to MVMCP if you can. It was worth it just to see snow on Main Street!

I have been at WDW the first full week of December for the last 4 years and I really like the weather. I still wear shorts but take along a very light jacket at night at PI. The parks close early so during the day I don't remember ever wearing anything heavier then a Aloha shirt/shorts during the days.
RussH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter