Weather in March?

Dooley1966

Earning My Ears
We are debating on taking a trip to Disney World in the 2nd week of March, (Staying at the Polynesian, for their great pool!) but I am hesitant because I'm not sure how the weather will be then. Any thoughts?

thanks!

L.

I'm also going the second week in March. I'm hoping for warm weather. When I was there 6 years ago (second week in March), the weather was perfect! Shorts and sandals every day and it was even warm enough to spend an afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon.

I'm keeping my fingers CROSSED!

thanks Lisa, That was an encouraging report! I think I am going to risk it and book it today!

I wish the BOTH of us sunny days and warm weather :)

L.

We were there 2nd week in March twice (1999 and 2002). 1999 was cooler. We had a few jacket days and a few shorts days. the pools are heated. We swam twice that trip at POFQ pool (would have swam once or twice more but the pool was closed because someone didn't have a swim diaper on their little one :). It was pretty chilly standing in line for the slide but in the water it was pleasant.

March 2002 was much warmer. we came close to 90 degrees on our last two days. No need for jackets that trip and we swam even in the evening. I think highs in the upper 70's are pretty normal for March and with a heatd pool it's pretty swimmable.

We have always gone between the first and second weeks of March. (knock on wood) We have always had great weather. It was usually high 70's to mid 80's. I believe from what I have read the average temp for that time of year is around 75. It gets a little cooler early mornings and evenings so you may want to bring some pants and long sleeve shirts. I would also bring a jacket and a couple of sweatshirts .....just in case.
We have always been able to go swimming. Last yr. was great. We were able to swim everyday...and even late at night although it was a little chilly when you got out of the water.
This yr. we are going the 5th-11th. Maybe we'll see you there.

Thanks for that link...I've always thought that historical weather must be out there somewhere, but never found it. This is really interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!