~ Weather In October? ~

JustJamie

WDW Virgin
I have asked this in several places and have yet to get a response. So here's another try in a new forum. LOL

Anyone know what the weather tends to be like late Oct./early Nov.?

I am ordering outfits for the girls for this trip and need to know if I am ordering right.

Please, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Long Sleeve vs. Short sleeve
Light Jacket at night vs. Heavy
Pants vs. Skirts vs. Shorts

You get the idea.

THANKS!!!

i was there last year in mid Oct and it was nice a few days and it was HOT ive been there in early Nov too. and that weather was nice. just think of what the weather is like where you live and see if its warmer or colder the WDW. i always see a person every year ask if it will be warm enough to swim in Jan. i think how warm is it back home? just makes sense to me!!

We like the October weather, but it's as unpredictable as most other months. It can be hot, but it's not as oppressive as July and August.
And it cools off a little more in the evenings.
However, we've also been there in October when we hit a rainy spell!!

I've gone there in Oct., the last week in Oct. to be exact, and the weather was still quite warm, it was in the 80's the whole week and we didn't need jackets at night. I should say we're from up north so we don't get cold as fast as others;)

I've been wondering the same thing. We're going the last two weeks in October.

Now, I know that 2007 was unseasonably HOT in October - I've heard that over and over.

But what is an average, typical late October in WDW like?

We live in a warm climate and pretty much are very sensitive to cool temps. So my big question is whether or not we'll need jackets/jeans for evenings.

I'm planning on mostly shorts outfits for all of us, which I think should be safe during the day. I'm just wondering if I need to throw in a few jackets and/or long pants for nighttime. (For instance, we're going to MNSSHP.)

Thanks in advance and I hope I'm not highjacking. ;)

I'm curious about the weather as well because I don't wear shorts.

At all.

Ever.

Trust me, it's best for us all.

And I really don't want to die of heat exhaustion in my jeans and corduroys.

I'm curious about the weather as well because I don't wear shorts.

At all.

Ever.

Trust me, it's best for us all.

And I really don't want to die of heat exhaustion in my jeans and corduroys.

Neither do I. It is all about capris for me. I live in them and I promise it will be what I wear in DW.

So I am happy to understand that we should be safe with short sleeves and a light jacket or sweatshirt. Goes with what I have been ordering/making.

We've seen snow in late october / early november.
Oh, wait, that was at home in Maine.
It probably depends on what the weather is like where you are from as to what you will need.
The first trip we made was in early september 2003. The CM we talked to told us to bring jackets because it could get chilly at night.
We asked how chilly and they said in the 70s.
Where we're from, that's still a warm summer evening, suitable for shorts and swimming.

Yes, you're right - in some ways, cold is a very relative thing.

I used to live in Minnesota, and remember getting very excited when the forecast predicted temps in the 40's. :rotfl:

Now we live in Hawaii, and are used to temps almost always in the 70's and 80's. So probably anything under 70 would feel quite cool to us at this point, and we would be looking for at least a light jacket and/or long pants. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter