Weather in October??

hgsmom

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW in mid Oct. 5 adults, 3 kids (2,5, and 6 yo). What do you think we will need to pack? We have never been at this time of year as we usually go during December but my niece is in school this year so we had to plan around fall break at her school. I assume we will need shorts, but should we also plan for cooler days? Thanks,
Karla

October is our favorite time to go to WDW as you can see below! The beginning of October will be warm-hot. Our last trip in October 1999 (the 6th - 13th) we had 3 days in a row 92, 92, 94 degrees. I would bring one pair of long pants for each person and a light jacket but you probably won't need them. Those temps were high for October, but don't be surprised if you have a day or two close to 90. Mid to lower 80's is the normal. Have a great time!!

It's strange that my experience was so different. I went down October 8-15 2000 and absolutely froze. I wound up wearing hose underneath my shorts to keep warm. I also had to buy a sweatshirt that I wore almost every single day of the vacation. The temperatures were in the low 50's. I know that some people have no problem with that type of temperature, but I also live in a sub-tropical climate so 50's seems very cold to me. WE were also told that those temperatures were unusual etc..

I went in mid October about 5 years ago and the weather was great! The days were in the 80s, the nights a little cooler. We wore shorts the whole time and a few nights we did need a sweatshirt. We swam almost every day too. I am planning to take my DS this October. I think weather wise (and crowd wise) October is a great time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter