Weather Questions--best time to go

mrsbornkuntry

<font color=FF6666>I'm worried about raccoons<br><
I'm sure this has probably been discussed before, but I didn't have any luck with a search. We were planning a December trip to see the Christmas decor, but when I was telling the kids about it my son said that he would really like to go when it's warm enough to do the water rides because we went to WDW last Christmas and it was in the 40's the whole time we were there. I want to hold off going awhile so I can save some more money for the trip so I was thinking somewhere near Sept or Oct. Does anyone have any guesses as to when the latest in the year we could go and still be fairly certain to get weather warm enough for water rides? :sunny:

Anywhere between April and October it will be warm enough for water rides, though both spring and fall get their cooler days. DL is beautiful at Christmas time, though and sometimes it's warm enough for water rides then. But it also might be pouring rain.

We're going in early October. The weather is summer warm to us then (upper 70's-low 80's). California Does have seasons, but less pronounced than in other places. If you want guarenteed warmer weather, go in September - but be aware that the Haunted Mansion is closed for fitting the Holiday Mansion overlay during most of that month.

We went to LA in September and it was perfect. I think it was in the upper 80's and sunny the entire time we were there. We were there the 10-17. Matter of fact were are planning on going again this time as the weather is perfect and the lines at universal was not bad at all.

And we went in early December and loved it.

We just put ponchos on for Grizzly and Splash but the weather was fine - high 60s to low 70s (though it got cool at night). But even people who didn't put ponchos on and got soaked didn't seem to mind

Best of all - no crowds, no queues and great decorations. It's the best time of year to go

They also have lockers in CA for the Grizzly ride and you could change to dry clothes. There are definately no lines for this ride when the weather is cooler and it is very fun!

Thanks for all of your input, but now I really can't decide when to go, LOL! I'm leaning toward September, although I would really like to see the decorations in December. Would one of these seasons have rates than the other? It would be early Dec., like the first week and weekdays mostly.

The fall discounts begin in September and run through the first couple of weeks in December - usually -- not counting Thanksgiving weekend.

November can be quite warm at the beginning. I remember standing on Main Street with Bob Brazeal with "snow" falling on us - it was about 90º. The thing is that we do not have a normal weather pattern here - when the Santa Ana winds come it can be in the 90s, or it can get really cold. Our rainy weather "typically" begins in December. We went last December - first weekend - and it was drizzling on us for part of the day. The following weekend it was nice & warm.

Hi, I am new to the Disneyland boards, went to World 3 years ago and used those boards extensively then. We are debating going to Disneyland in September or October and staying at Disneyland Resort Hotel. We are hoping for swim weather, too. Does anyone have the dates for the closing on the Haunted Mansion for September? I apologize if this has been discussed. Also, anyones comments on our hotel choice. I know absolutely nothing about Disneyland except what I remember from a trip when I was 12.
Thanks Everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter