Weather

purpliequeen

DIS Veteran
Anyone at Aulani right now (or recently returned from Aulani)? I've been keeping an eye on the weather and it looks absolutely awful. Curious if it's on and off downpours? Thanks!

The thing about the weather in is that it changes constantly. Most people look at weather in Oahu and it says rain all day every day, but that just means that it will be raining somewhere on the island at some time. There is a reason why the island is so green. Aulani is on the dry side of the island and most of the time, it rains for a little bit and then stops. Kind of like the Florida afternoon showers. Look at the report specifically for Ko'Olina, that is where Aulani is. And even if it says that it will rain, chances are that it will be just a small sprinkle or shower. This is the rainy season but chances are you will have sunny days. Have a fun trip.

Don't worry, the only time it rains all day typically, is if there is a tropical storm or hurricane. The west side, which is where Aulani is, is the dry side of the island. IF it rains it's for like 15 minutes to an hour tops. The east side gets rain every day so it just depends where on the island you will be at during the day. No worries about weather. I miss 85 and sunny EVERY DAY.... :(

I am interested also in Aulani weather right now. I have been in Kauai since Tuesday and fly to Oahu tomorrow. It has been SO windy here, and raining off and on. Mostly on today. Got soaked on our zip line trip! But it was still fun. I’m hoping between the island change and staying on the west side I finally get some pool time!

@parkhopmom Oahu is experiencing the same wind and rain as Kauai so sadly, it won’t be any better at Aulani.

@purpliequeen I’m sorry to say it really has been dreary, windy, and wet all week. It will rain for an hour, stop for two, then rain again, then stop, then pour buckets, the stop, etc. The sun did peak out of the clouds for a couple hours this week, but it’s been mostly overcast.

The weather system we are experiencing at the moment is definitely not the morning/afternoon showers the previous posters are referring to. I believe we are currently under a flash flood advisory.

@parkhopmom Oahu is experiencing the same wind and rain as Kauai so sadly, it won’t be any better at Aulani.

@purpliequeen I’m sorry to say it really has been dreary, windy, and wet all week. It will rain for an hour, stop for two, then rain again, then stop, then pour buckets, the stop, etc. The sun did peak out of the clouds for a couple hours this week, but it’s been mostly overcast.

The weather system we are experiencing at the moment is definitely not the morning/afternoon showers the previous posters are referring to. I believe we are currently under a flash flood advisory.

@corgi_monster - I appreciate you being able to speak to the actual weather at hand. Not past experiences. Thank you. I hope the weather changes really soon. It looks like you are all under some weather system that is atypical. But who knows what's typical these days?! It seems like the whole world is experiencing whacky weather, temperatures, weather systems, geological events, etc.

@parkhopmom - Hope it gets better for you all soon. Safe travels!

@corgi_monster -thanks for the update, I kind of suspected, but was hoping for the best. When I woke up this morning I immediately looked at the radar and all of the islands are covered in green 🙁. Still hoping we can get some decent weather before we leave on Friday!

@purpliequeen -thank you! 🤞

The good news is that it's not thunder storms :) Since you're going to get wet at the beach/pool anyway, just throw your stuff in a couple of garbage bags and proceed as usual. There is absolutely no wind today and it's muggy so I think a dip in the water would be refreshing despite the overcast skies and rain.

Today was awesome! Had a little rain on the way to Waikiki. Didn’t stay there long. I just had to see Diamond Head again! I haven’t been in 20 years and Waikiki has changed so much. We went right back to Aulani and enjoyed the pool and beach here. It was a beautiful day.

We were at Aulani this past Thurs - Saturday (left early Sunday morning). This was our 3rd visit -- we also went once in November and once in mid-December. I have to say that the weather was not nearly as good in January as it was on those other two visits. The worst part was the wind. It was windy...pretty much the whole time. Not only was it annoying (not fun to sit in, and also making it pretty cool when you were getting out of the water)...but it also caused activities to be cancelled. Thursday and Friday were pretty sunny, although not "hot" (just warm-ish). Saturday was gloomy all day, and there was rain in the evening. I'm sure the luau must have been cancelled that night, so we were lucky to have gone on Friday.

My son really wanted to rent a stand up paddle board...but Aulani was not renting them due to the wind. They were being overly cautious, as the Four Seasons next door was renting them the entire 3-days we were there. The last half hour or so of our luau was also cancelled. I don't really understand why -- they did the fire dancers, but skipped the part with Disney characters. This was a disappointment too.

When we were heading out of town on Sunday, it was raining hard...and it did not let up for the few hours we were there.

If I ever go back to Aulani again, it won't in January.

@LisaT91403 I’m so sorry the weather has been so bleak. For future reference, late March - Beginning of Oct. is your best bet for blue skies. November can be iffy. February, imo, is the worst.

@LisaT91403 I’m so sorry the weather has been so bleak. For future reference, late March - Beginning of Oct. is your best bet for blue skies. November can be iffy. February, imo, is the worst.

We were there 3 days, and the first 2 were pretty good. The 3rd day was just “okay”, but nothing terrible. It was a bummer not to get to use the paddle boards, but I guess that means we have something to look forward to next time!

We have been twice. Once during end of May and the other time during mid November. May weather was perfect. November was good too, no rain but windy, especially in the evenings to the point we could not use pools past 5. Also, the mornings were windy to sit in the lanai and enjoy quiet time as we are early risers esp with time change. We are heading back this year again late May early June. We are from Texas, so we prefer warmer weather

I just got home yesterday. Sunday was an awful rainy day. Monday and Tuesday were cloudy and windy. Wed we got a little sun but windy - Thursday was good and Friday was fabulous and sunny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!