Webmaster...I have a request

Status
Not open for further replies.

David&Danielle

Earning My Ears
When I used to click on a thread it would change to red from it's original blue. This was very nice since it was easy to find when I came back later to check on it.
Could it be programmed to happen again that way.

Thank you.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I checked my "internet options" setting, but it is set to change the colors after visiting. Please help! I'm wasting so much time - I get halfway through reading a post before I realize I've already read it. Any ideas?

I'm still trying to figure this out but I think the little envelopes on the left are the key to what's new. If the envelope has a letter sticking out it means there is something new since you read it. If the envelope has a black dot it means you posted to that thread. If it has a dot and a letter sticking up then you posted and there is a new message. I'm not sure if there is something that let's us know as we read which ones we've covered (like the changing colors). Lots of bells & whistles to learn about.

I really think the envelopes and those letters sticking out from them are better versions of those silly light bulbs on the last board. I much prefer this interface, and it has really altered how I read messages. I just go to the first one that I haven't read and I just start working forward clicking on the "SKIP TO UNREAD MESSAGE BUTTON". Change is scary to me, but I'm happy I was forced in this instance.

My one question which I'm hoping someone can answer...

If I read messages here till 4PM, and then I read the THEME PARK board for an hour until 5PM, when I come back here, will it say new messages are from 4PM or 5PM? :confused:

Nick

I think it keeps track of each time you access a thread! Has nothing to do with when you last "logged on" or viewed or anything. That would be a zippy-dee-doo-dah thing of joy!

Nick

God I'm a dork!!!

When you open a thread, at the top is a link which says:
Go To First Unread Post .

That will take you to the appropriate place in the thread from your last visit.

This is all dependant on the use of "cookies" and works well unless you have turned off this feature either in your computer or in the "user control Panel".

I hope this helps. :p

Doc, you wrote:

When you open a thread, at the top is a link which says:
Go To First Unread Post .

But I don't want to necessarily go through the step of opening that thread at all if I have already read some of it and realize it doesn't interest me (depending on the subject). Is there a way to get them to change colors again after they've been visited? I've tried everything on my settings, shut my computer down, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

Thanks.

If you take a few minutes and click on the user CP button on the top of this page, you will be given instructions on how to access what you need on this board.

The status of the posts you have read is indicated by the envelopes on the left. If there are new posts added since your last visit, there will be "letters" sticking out of the the top. If not, then the envelope will be closed.

This is also dependant on the use of cookies on your computer. You may also have to refresh your screen if you have not left the site since your last look at the board.

I'll also move this to the tech board and see if the helpful folks over there have any other comments.

Good Luck!:p

D&D, you're not the only one who have mentioned the loss of this feature. There are plenty of us who miss the "highlighted when read" lines and I'm one of them. I agree, it does get a little frustrating when I get into a thread and immediately recognize it as the one that I wasn't interested in yesterday.

I think they're so busy working on larger problems and "quirks" with the new system that this request may be near the bottom of the list. We'll just have to wait and see if Pete and the guys decide to bring it back or let it go.

Sorry I couldn't help, but I wanted you to know you're not the only one who misses this feature. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter