Website Down for Maintenance - Again and Often

Here's the notice I see now - seems like they've just given up on predicting:

"Members Online Booking Unavailable

Member Online Booking tool will be temporarily unavailable to accommodate system updates. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems."

I know nothing about computers or system upgrades but does every company just shut down operations like this when they perform an upgrade? Can't imagine Amazon shutting down for one or two days.

Ha - no, no they don't.

I called Member Services this afternoon around 3PM. The message said that they were closed for the day due to the reservations system being down, and that they would be open again in the morning. Here's hoping the system is back up by then.

Online booking and RAT appear to be up but, several resorts are missing from the options like Kidani, and Hilton Head. Very odd but, I'm sure they will fix it.

Last edited:
Monday morning, and it's down. Of course I needed it today to add onto the week I booked last week. Those standard BLT rooms go fast.

Worth noting: unlike SERIOUS businesses, WDW HAS no Website. They have a continuing experiment. SERIOUS business sites (Amazon comes to mind), don't have these continuing issues. And any day they choose to do so? WDW could outsource all Web Services to Amazon.

This is not an "outage" - this is a poor business CHOICE.

CALL CALL CALL CALL.... Saddly, WDW has never really gotten past that phase. Perhaps one day.

Iger cashed in 80 million in Disney stock last week, maybe he intends to loan the money to Disney to fix their websites? :yay:

:earsboy: Bill

Monday morning, and it's down. Of course I needed it today to add onto the week I booked last week. Those standard BLT rooms go fast.

Yup, today was my seven month mark, and I was online at 8, but the site was dead. Fortunately when I called at 9 I was able to get what I wanted (probably because no one else could book online either).

Has everyone checked their DVC member website notifications?
"Password-protected Areas of Website Unavailable Tuesday, June 13, 2017
In order to accommodate behind-the-scenes updates, all password-protected areas of this website will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 from 12:00 AM until 9:00 AM ET. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems."
This has been out there for a number of days now....but I'll bet nobody REALLY checks their "notifications" very often.

Has everyone checked their DVC member website notifications?
"Password-protected Areas of Website Unavailable Tuesday, June 13, 2017
In order to accommodate behind-the-scenes updates, all password-protected areas of this website will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 from 12:00 AM until 9:00 AM ET. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems."
This has been out there for a number of days now....but I'll bet nobody REALLY checks their "notifications" very often.

I check mine every so often. But it would be nice if the "indicator" would go away once the notice has been read. The "boy who cried wolf..........."

This is one of the notifications on the Members' Website:

Systems Upgrade Update

While we continue to accommodate system upgrades, Member Services and the Member Online Booking tool are experiencing technical difficulties with the following resorts:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding while we continue to update our systems.

Show Less

I noticed a new alert on the DVC member website:
Member Online Booking Tool Temporarily Unavailable June 15, 2017

In order to provide you with a smooth booking process, the Member Online Booking Tool will be temporarily unavailable to accommodate updates on Thursday, June 15, 2017 from 2:30 AM to 9:00 AM Eastern Time. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems.

Good grief.

I noticed a new alert on the DVC member website:
Member Online Booking Tool Temporarily Unavailable June 15, 2017

In order to provide you with a smooth booking process, the Member Online Booking Tool will be temporarily unavailable to accommodate updates on Thursday, June 15, 2017 from 2:30 AM to 9:00 AM Eastern Time. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems.

Good grief.

This newest update has most obviously not gone as planned. But that's unfortunately not a rare occurrence. :sad2:

I was planning to call to make a request on my upcoming trip in 3 weeks, but have been avoiding it because I'm sure the phones will be crazy. Isn't today suppose to be the AK moonlight booking window. Wonder how that will go.

I was planning to call to make a request on my upcoming trip in 3 weeks, but have been avoiding it because I'm sure the phones will be crazy. Isn't today suppose to be the AK moonlight booking window. Wonder how that will go.

That booking info was apparently put up erroneously and was only posted for a few hours before removed. According to MS info is still to come so no moonlight booking yet.

To add - still no Kidani, HHI or VB though. Amazing how they've "lost" them. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!