Wedding and Gifts

antnee

Chasing Amy
Okay here is the situation. A friend of mine is getting married and the debate amongst friends is how much to give. I say I should give as much as my friend gave me when he was best man at my wedding. My friends feel that seeing that he is not paying for the wedding that they can give less. I say we should at least cover the plate even though it is quite high.

What do you think? Do you give as much as you get or at least cover the cost of your plate?

As a rule of thumb, I give enough to cover the plate and then a little extra or however much they gave plus a little extra, whichever is more.

I tend to give similar to what was given...a pretty standard amount among our friends whether we are in the wedding or not.

Ant, it's a very personal thing. Also, we are in New Jersey. Cash gifts are the norm. Other areas of the country don't do cash but things like crock pots and toasters.

I would base the gift, on what he gave you. But that is just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter